BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing PLAYSTATION PRICE IS OUT

05-13-2006, 02:09 AM   #23
Daneel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: It's very old

Quote:
Originally Posted by huchung
It comes with the new HD-DVD blu-ray (1080 picture quality). Those HD-DVD players are rare and cost 1k. The blu-ray blows the DVD out of the waters! The blu-ray stores up to 25gigs (I think) on one side, where as DVDs only store 8 gigs of memory. Thats going to provide extra space for 7.1 channel audios, and better picture quality. I think 600 bux for this system is a steal considering its brand new technology. The XBOX 360 uses regular DVD technology. Anyone wanna line up with when it comes out? ;D
HD-DVD and Blu-ray are two COMPLETELY different technologies for high definition DVD playback. Toshiba designed HD-DVD, and Sony designed Blu-ray.

HD-DVD players do not store 8 gigs; you are confusing HD-DVD with regular DVD.

You should do a little more research; game developers will be releasing games for the Xbox 360 and PS 3 simultaneously; evne Rockstar (who make Grand Theft Auto) have agreed to release for the XBox 360 simultaneously.

In terms of real-world graphics performance, the Xbox 360 is on par with the PS3; furthermore, developers are not going to rewrite the game for the different platforms; they will develop the artwork and models and use the same content on both platforms, with the code recompiled as appropriate.

Sony really looks like they have lost this round; do some research on technology fourms; even rabidly anti-microsoft forums such as Slashdot are slamming Sony for the PS3, and are LOGICALLY arguing that the Xbox 360 will probably take over the market; and this is on a site that traditionally slams microsoft for anything they do.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2006, 02:29 AM   #24
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I was gonna buy some and sell them. But I heard that it's not gonna be as limited as the XBOX360. So there's almost no point in doin that.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2006, 09:28 AM   #25
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

I have to go put my deposit down. I may buy 2 of them then sell 1 on ebay to pay for part of mine.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0