BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing 18 days til Black Ops!

11-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #89
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Running into a lot of cheating on Live. Teams that get endless killstreak rewards from almost the moment the match starts. I hate that shit.
I thought your rewards carried over between games.... Although I don't ever remember any of mine being retained....

And the cheating is ridiculous on PC already. VAC is just awful. At least Live can catch jtags.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #90
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
When playing matches that have multiple rounds, kill streak rewards DO carry over.

As for cheating, its been proven that there is a care package glitch right now, its kinda like it was in MW2, but its not unlimited, but you do get a few in a row if you do it right. Treyarch is good with fixing glitches, and they are already working on a patch as I type this (was announced on a dev's twitter a few days ago). So just sit tight.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 07:05 AM   #91
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Coupe

I like the game so far. I'm on ps3 so haven't come across any cheating that I've noticed. It makes games extremely frustrating though so I feel all the PC-Players' pain. I remember in World at War I wouldn't even play one of the maps since everyone would just glitch under it. It ruins the fun for everyone and gains you nothing other than stroking your own ego that you were able to pwn people by cheating in a game that ultimately noone is going to care about.

I need to preface this by saying I wasn't a big fan of MW2, I played it because everyone else did, prestiged once then lvled back up to 70. I think I traded it in a few months after getting it.

Here's what I like about black ops:

-All of the guns are not awesome. The thing about MW2 is that most every weapon in the game was accurate, had little to no recoil for the damage it would do, and with steady aim or whatever that perk was could pick off people at sniper range. No matter how far away they were. Annoying. I'm willing to suspend the belief about how true to life the MP5 is just so I have a reason to use anything else and there is some progression in the weaponry.

-Limited and less powerful kill streaks. There was nothing I hated more than when your team was getting rolled in MW2. There wasn't even much point in spawning before you were obliterated by (insert kill streak X here). I never got the nuke in MW2 but went 18, 19, and 20 and 0 a few times. Makes for better team balance since one superstar won't own the entire match as much but can still shoulder a lot of the weight of a weaker team.

-Gun game. what a great Idea, I love playing this mode.

-Theater mode, you can share your good matches with your friends, or learn from them, (and learn from your enemies), fantastic. They need to patch it so it records the final kill cam though. There is nothing I would like to show off more than a hatchet through a window at a tough angle to win the match being replayed in slow motion for everyone to see

What I don't like :

- I can't believe I'm going to say this, but the maps aren't very sniper-friendly. It's really frustrating when you are trying to take down a sniper on a well defended perch in any game, but there don't seem to be many (or any) decent places to snipe in this game. Almost every decent place has two access points or is completely vulnerable once people know you're up there. If everyone hated it and you didn't want it in the game, then why include a bunch of rifles in this game and imply that I'm supposed to level them up and give me nowhere to do it?

- Spawn system seems a lot like World at War : which means it's partially broken. Enemies spawn behind me when there isn't really too much map back there on a regular basis (see : Nuketown). And guess what? If I've lost a gun battle to someone, unless they got the drop on me, chances are they're going to win it again when we run into each other 5 seconds later, thanks for making me spawn about 15 yards from him again

- Nuketown, Nuketown, Nuketown... is this the equivalent of "2fort" for Black Ops? This map sucks. see above spawn point problems. It's too small with only 2 real buildings on the map. There's little to no reward for even trying to cross the middle, but you can't hang out near the back on either side because of the spawn problems. Why the hell do people keep voting to play it? I just don't get it. I get so many cheese ball spawn kills on this map without even trying to it's silly. Equip a suppressor and the ghost perk and you'll have no problem ended up with a 3:1 K/d ratio.

Other than that I think it's a great game. I know there are going to be plenty of MW2 fans who don't like it, but I'll be playing it regularly throughout the winter. I probably won't prestige more than once though, I have a feeling GT5 is going to get the nod when I have extra time to kill this winter. I'll play Black ops to catch up with my friends.

-BMW2006
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 08:17 AM   #92
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

I thought the single player of Black Ops was terrible. Way too 'hey look at me'.

I've said it before, hopefully this time it sticks. This will be the last Treyarch game I ever buy. They never seem to really add anything to the game, might as well just stick to expansions.
      12-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #93
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
When are they going to release the other zombie maps for everyone else to play on??? Seems kinda dumb that only those who bought the Hardened or Prestige editions are playing by themselves right now. If they released those maps as DLC, they could get more people to be available to play with online.

Kino Der Toten and Five are getting kinda old already.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0