BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery BMW 530ixDrive M Performance ordered

03-22-2020, 05:19 AM   #1
Max_M
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 40D and BMW 530i xDrive

Smile BMW 530ixDrive M Performance ordered

Ordered y all new BMW 530i xDrive about 2 weeks ago with M-package and M Performance parts.

Configuration:
Color: Anthrazite grey
M-sport package with adaptive suspension
M-brake system
BMW M759 - 20 inch rims
M-sport seatbelts
Comfort seats with black Nappa leather
Nappa Leather dashboard
Piano black interior trim
Ceramic elements
Anthrazit roof linnen
Shadow Line Individual
BMW Live cockpit professional incl. Wifi / Connect
Harman Kardon Sound System
Soft Close
Comfort Acces
Adaptive LED lights
Solar Techno Roof
Driving Assistance Package
Telephone wireless charging
Windows solar protection

Then I have equipped the car with several M Performance parts:
- Front splitter carbon
- Front attachment in carbon and high gloss black finish
- Mirror caps carbon
- Black grille

Unfortunately that don't deliver the M Performance exhaust in Europe due to emission regulations.

Did not opt for the HUD as I have it in my X6, but this car I will drive in Spain and with polarised sunglasses its of no use.

Did go for the xDrive system as in winter I go into the Pyrenees for skiing, so quite useful.

Car will be delivered by end of May. In terms of pricing they deal was very attractive with a 19,3% discount on the list price!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 09:35 AM   #2
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

The car will be yours, so enjoy.

But...I have trouble understanding why someone buys a $60,000 car and then says he/she won't get a HUD because it can't be seen with polarized sunglasses. What is a $100 investment in quality tinted but nonpolarized sunglasses compared to the cost of the car? If nonpolarized sunglasses work for pilots, somehow I think it can work for drivers.

Personally, I wouldn't buy another car without a HUD and my tinted sunglasses work fine even when driving directly into the sun.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 09:45 AM   #3
Max_M
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
The car will be yours, so enjoy.

But...I have trouble understanding why someone buys a $60,000 car and then says he/she won't get a HUD because it can't be seen with polarized sunglasses. What is a $100 investment in quality tinted but nonpolarized sunglasses compared to the cost of the car? If nonpolarized sunglasses work for pilots, somehow I think it can work for drivers.

Personally, I wouldn't buy another car without a HUD and my tinted sunglasses work fine even when driving directly into the sun.
First of all make that USD 100,000,-.... sorry european prices, so no money left for a pair of sunglasses

No, I prefer polarized glasses at the sea - mountain side and furthermore I did not find the HUD that much of use for USD 1,700,-....
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 04:45 PM   #4
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Congrats. I'm sure you'll love the car!

I find package choices across markets can be wobbly. I thought it was odd you got Soft Close Doors, but didn't get the HUD. In the US you can't split those out as the Soft Close Doors comes with the Executive Package which includes HUD and Adaptive Headlights, among a few other things.

What is the "Solar Techno Roof"?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 06:09 PM   #5
Max_M
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep

Thats the sun roof....sorry for my Spanglish (spanish - english)....

Soft close for me is a must on the 5-series, as in particular the rear door is quit large with the extra window around the “hofmeister knik”, which prevents the door to close properly we you swing it.

Here in Europe they also offer different Executive and Executive Plus packages but you’re right, they differ depending on the location.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 09:16 AM   #6
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_M View Post
First of all make that USD 100,000,-.... sorry european prices, so no money left for a pair of sunglasses

No, I prefer polarized glasses at the sea - mountain side and furthermore I did not find the HUD that much of use for USD 1,700,-....
One reason autonomous driving has been so difficult for car makers is that it has to accommodate all kinds of different drivers with different likes, dislikes and driving styles. I love my HUD and wouldn't buy another car without it. The OP, on the other hand, finds it useless. So it makes no sense for him to buy the option.

We are all different and we should value that difference.
Appreciate 0