BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Watches this watch is worth less than $20 Canadian?

02-29-2024, 08:16 AM   #1
BimmerBoomer
demoted
Rep
Drives: 2022 Audi S5 Sportback

this watch is worth less than $20 Canadian?

I ordered this Sea Turtle Bronze from Boderry in HK. https://www.boderry.com/en-ca/produc...-watch-seablue A pretty good deal I thought - $159 USD less 10%, freight included. I would have ordered from Amazon - I think it is $202 CDN vs. about $198 including the Visa exchange - but Amazon is showing the Miyota movement (non-hackable) vs. the Seiko NH35.

The watch arrived in 8 days - 4PX is pretty efficient! I was worried that the courier wouldn't leave the watch because I would owe about $50 for brokerage, duty and taxes. No problem, no bill. I'm not saying it happened here, but apparently Chinese companies often declare valuations of $20 to avoid duty and taxes.

Anyway, a nice watch for $200 and it will be interesting to see how it tarnishes. Boderry says to soak it in ketchup or coke if you want to renew the shine.

Last edited by BimmerBoomer; 02-29-2024 at 08:41 AM..
Appreciate 0