BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) I can't stand Verstappen

11-22-2016, 11:06 AM   #133
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Not that I care much, and I guess you can "claim" whatever you want to claim. But if you're born in Belgium, and you have a Belgian passport... then that makes you pretty Belgian!

When I speak to a Dutch person, I'll speak in my Dutch accent. I don't speak Flemish to someone who's not Flemish.
Het bewijs van Max zijn Belgisch paspoort (Belgisch identiteitsbewijs)

And in English ..

Here the prove of Max his Belgian ID (Belgian passport) => http://www.demorgen.be/sport/max-ver...belg-bb07b664/

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 11:08 AM   #134
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Sophie Kumpen => https://www.google.be/search?hl=nl&s...81._Gsui7OK8JQ

How was the F1 race on the "Circuit of the Americas" ?
You told me you was there...
Yeah man, it was awesome - first F1 race. I will totally be doing it again, was such an amazing experience. The cars were so quiet though - which was odd.

Max's mom is very average - I would do it just to say I slept with him mom. You know, mental warfare while we raced.
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2016, 11:30 AM   #135
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Yeah man, it was awesome - first F1 race. I will totally be doing it again, was such an amazing experience. The cars were so quiet though - which was odd.

Max's mom is very average - I would do it just to say I slept with him mom. You know, mental warfare while we raced.
Sounds awesome my friend
Next year I plan to go to Spa , Francorchamps is only one hour from my home at least if it is possible with my work .
You know..It's only to watch MAX...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 12:48 PM   #136
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Not that I care much, and I guess you can "claim" whatever you want to claim.
I dont think its that simple.
He has dual nationality rights. But you cant claim whatever you want. for instance, you would not be able to claim any nationality you want at the same time. I would not be able to claim belgian nationality and lose my dutch nationality I think.
He can both get a belgian and dutch passport. because he has both citizenships on basis of birth. Ius sanguinis is that called, and is also permitted by belgian law since 2008. That he travels under belgian papers says nothing. He would have to go the the dutch consulate to get a dutch passport in belgium instead of the local town hall for a belgian passport, so probably too much hassle.

But he says it himself in the interview. "I'm dutch".
You're not arguing with me, you're arguing with Max himself
And he has been asked that question multiple times (because we're defiantely not the first to discuss this ) and he always answers the same that he considers himself dutch:
"Max Verstappen neemt daar nu zelf een duidelijke stelling over in. "Ja, het klopt dat mijn moeder een Belgische is, ik ben in Belgïe geboren en ik heb er ook gewoond, maar dat was eigenlijk alleen maar om te slapen", laat hij weten aan Motorsport total. "Zodra ik wakker was ging ik naar Nederland, en ik heb daar ook mijn sociale contacten en vrienden opgebouwd. Ik ben als een Nederlander opgevoed, en zo voel ik mij ook!", aldus Verstappen Junior tegenover Motorsport-Total.com."

Remember its not my point of view, its HIS point of view.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-22-2016 at 01:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 12:57 PM   #137
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I dont think its that simple.
He has dual nationality rights. But you cant claim whatever you want. for instance, you would not be able to claim any nationality you want at the same time.
He can both get a belgian and dutch passport. because he has both citizenships on basis of birth. Ius sanguinis is that called, and is also permitted by belgian law since 2008.

But he says it himself in the interview. "I'm dutch".
You're not arguing with me, you're arguing with Max himself
Only in F1 he is Dutch , because his F1 driver license is Dutch .
For all the rest he is Belgian .

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 01:05 PM   #138
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
For all the rest he is Belgian .
So you can make that out for him better than he can himself?
Thats quite a bold statement!
I've never heard him say that he considers himself more belgian than dutch.
He even states that himself on his official site.
So is your word against his.
Not that I care, but I think its a bit odd to contradict him on personal matters.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-22-2016 at 01:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 01:29 PM   #139
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
So you can make that out for him better than he can himself?
Thats quite a bold statement!
I'm Belgian on my passport (just like Max is) and I can say I am Dutch, American , Russian or whatever..

He needs to say I'm Dutch in videos and interviews because his F1 driver license is Dutch and all the subjects around him are all about F1 .
So he is Dutch in the F1 world because his F1 driver license is Dutch.

But for the law you are => what you are on your ID (passport) and for Max that is Belgian .

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 01:51 PM   #140
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

You cannot make claim on dutch nationality and belgian nationality at the same time, as where he can in the legal context I explained before (I presume you dont have dual nationality). He has the right to carry 2 passports at the same time.
So that is a big difference to your example. Not having a passport from that country does not set your nationality. There is no rule that you have to be in posession of that passport. And for 'the law' as you so call it, it would be there where your place of residence would be set. That is where all legal documents are sent to.
For him in the near future probably monaco (doesnt he already have a place there?)
For instance he would be able to vote in the netherlands (actually both in belgium and the netherlands afaik), where you cant. He would even be able to vote twice for the EU parliament. That's not legal, but impossible to check.

It's still strange to contradict him on his words.
He can make claim on both nationalities and he feels dutch. That is how he says he feels.

For you to make claim for dutch nationality/citizenship, it would take 5 years (you'd have to live here for 5 years to make a claim on dutch citizenship), whereas he can do that instantly because of his right of birth. Thats the difference. Also you'd have to reject belgian nationality to be granted full dutch nationality, where he doesnt have to do that. This is due to partly of the dual nationality of his parents, and part due to his age. So in the future (I think 10 years, I dont know exactly how that works with born nationality) he has to make a choice. Only after then you can say that he's dutch or belgian. For now, he is both. I think thats the complete legal situation. So 'by law' so to say.
He got the dutch nationality at the moment his father acknowledged the child was his when he was born (automatic procedure when they were married at the time), just as he got the belgian nationality at the moment his mother acknowledged the child (notify the municipality when he was born). I think thats how it goes procedure wise.

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-22-2016 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 0