BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery It's done! New M550i ordered!

04-16-2019, 08:48 PM   #45
Skyrider01
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550ix, 2020 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMo87 View Post
Your almost there!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 09:26 AM   #46
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M550i, '17 Silverado

Garage List
Day 16 sitting at port... or if it's on a ship, no one seems to know ... Come on BMW, it can't be that hard to fill a ship for Brunswick....
      05-02-2019, 10:08 AM   #47
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435xi, M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyGuyFL View Post
Day 16 sitting at port... or if it's on a ship, no one seems to know ... Come on BMW, it can't be that hard to fill a ship for Brunswick....
You have got to be kidding me!!
I really believed it was on a ship and the update was just slow. 16 days!! That's way to long
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2019, 10:33 AM   #48
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I really believed it was on a ship and the update was just slow. 16 days!! That's way to long
Wish I was... going by your 5-day delay in updating, IF my car made it on the 4/26 ship, I should know by now... If it was on the 4/29 or 4/30 ships, I'm still few days away from knowing...

Next one is 5/6

I can't understand why, it seems, that the dealership has a better look into the status than the two primary customer facing systems - Genius and MyBMW. You would think they'd all get the same info from Germany...
      05-02-2019, 11:27 AM   #49
Skyrider01
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I can't understand why, it seems, that the dealership has a better look into the status than the two primary customer facing systems - Genius and MyBMW. You would think they'd all get the same info from Germany...
Mine arrived at the dealership on Tuesday and I picked it up yesterday.
MyBMW still shows it in transit. It seems like my dealer had the most accurate information, especially towards the end of the delivery process
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2019, 12:52 PM   #50
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Wish I was... going by your 5-day delay in updating, IF my car made it on the 4/26 ship, I should know by now... If it was on the 4/29 or 4/30 ships, I'm still few days away from knowing...

Next one is 5/6

I know for the last few month there has been more of a delay at the port. However, I really haven't heard of any cars sitting there for more then 2 weeks.

Your car must be on a ship! It's so frustrating not knowing and not getting clear answers.

My car arrived at Baltimore port on 4/29/19, I called bmw genious on 4/30/19 and they said that it is still in transit from Germany. I call back the next day on 5/1/19 and they told me that my car just reached Baltimore port but is still inside the ship and has not unloaded yet. So I open up the tracking site from the websites you guys provided me and it showed that
Grand Dhalia had already left Baltimore and was on its way to Brunswick lol!

At this point, with BMW as my only source of update, I feel so clueless again. I really don't know what's happening right now, my car could be parked at the port, it could be at the VPC, or with some hope it could be on a truck. Although, according to Genious it could still be "on the ship", which means it took off to Brunswick lol

I think the hardest thing to deal with is the UNKNOWN. Even if there are delays or some setbacks but we are made aware, it would be much better and a lot easier to be ok with.
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2019, 01:04 PM   #51
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I know for the last few month there has been more of a delay at the port. However, I really haven't heard of any cars sitting there for more then 2 weeks.

Your car must be on a ship! It's so frustrating not knowing and not getting clear answers.

My car arrived at Baltimore port on 4/29/19, I called bmw genious on 4/30/19 and they said that it is still in transit from Germany. I call back the next day on 5/1/19 and they told me that my car just reached Baltimore port but is still inside the ship and has not unloaded yet. So I open up the tracking site from the websites you guys provided me and it showed that
Grand Dhalia had already left Baltimore and was on its way to Brunswick lol!

At this point, with BMW as my only source of update, I feel so clueless again. I really don't know what's happening right now, my car could be parked at the port, it could be at the VPC, or with some hope it could be on a truck. Although, according to Genious it could still be "on the ship", which means it took off to Brunswick lol

I think the hardest thing to deal with is the UNKNOWN. Even if there are delays or some setbacks but we are made aware, it would be much better and a lot easier to be ok with.
Totally agree, it's the unknown... and the fact that whatever seems known is so out of date.

At least yours is in the US and should be on it's way west soon.
      05-02-2019, 09:01 PM   #52
RNemesisN63
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit M850

Garage List
2019 540i  [0.00]
2013 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
Mine arrived at the dealership on Tuesday and I picked it up yesterday.
MyBMW still shows it in transit. It seems like my dealer had the most accurate information, especially towards the end of the delivery process
Same. Dealership was on point with most accurate status. Genius/MyBMW still says mine is in transit. Would hate to think how much longer would I have waited if my dealer didn't call me and went strictly by Genius/MyBMW
      05-02-2019, 11:11 PM   #53
Mittalfdk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

There has to be a better way than what is being done right now. It is just criminal....
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 09:07 AM   #54
niju321
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittalfdk View Post
There has to be a better way than what is being done right now. It is just criminal....
It does seem weird that tracking of a package with Fedex/UPS/USPS gives close to realtime updates, but for a car the process seems to lag so much more--BMW presumably knows where the car is at all times, shouldn't be that difficult to have the website updated also!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 10:51 AM   #55
Skyrider01
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by niju321 View Post
BMW presumably knows where the car is at all times, shouldn't be that difficult to have the website updated also!
Well, not exactly. When I called BMW last Friday to check on my vehicle, they didn't even know the ship had arrived.
I had to tell them that as I knew it from tracking it on MarineTracker.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 02:26 PM   #56
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Found out some new information today when inquiring about my cars status.

BMW Genious is no longer giving updates on production status of vehicles lol, they will transfer you to the automated line!

I have been calling them for the last 2 days for an update and they been telling me that their system is down. Call today and find out they are done giving updates :
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 03:04 PM   #57
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

BMW Genious is no longer giving updates on production status of vehicles lol, they will transfer you to the automated line!

I have been calling them for the last 2 days for an update and they been telling me that their system is down. Call today and find out they are done giving updates :
Are you serious??? I called yesterday and they said still at port. As soon as I get off this useless 4pm conference call I'll be on the phone to them and then my dealer.
      05-03-2019, 03:31 PM   #58
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Are you serious??? I called yesterday and they said still at port. As soon as I get off this useless 4pm conference call I'll be on the phone to them and then my dealer.
Yes, at least that's what I was told by the genious over the phone. Do let me know if anything is different for you.

It doesn't make sense why they would do this? Maybe they got annoyed or overwhelmed with everyone calling
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 06:40 PM   #59
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes, at least that's what I was told by the genious over the phone. Do let me know if anything is different for you.

It doesn't make sense why they would do this? Maybe they got annoyed or overwhelmed with everyone calling
Yes when I called and hit '0' at the menu, then asked the rep who answered for vehicle tracking, he said "Sure let me get you over to our tracking line' and that took me to the automated system.

What a crock. I'll be your'e right... so many people calling the line for tracking was probably clogging up the lines for callers with actual car issues.

And of course, the automated line still says my car is at the port.
      05-03-2019, 07:05 PM   #60
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yes when I called and hit '0' at the menu, then asked the rep who answered for vehicle tracking, he said "Sure let me get you over to our tracking line' and that took me to the automated system.

What a crock. I'll be your'e right... so many people calling the line for tracking was probably clogging up the lines for callers with actual car issues.

And of course, the automated line still says my car is at the port.
Lol! I'm not sure if I'm even upset about it, almost seems like they weren't much of help anyways.

Your best bet at this point is keeping in contact with your dealership.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 07:08 PM   #61
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Does anyone know if you are able to track vehicle delivery while it's on a truck?

I have this weird feeling that my car might be at my dealership either today or tomorrow but no one will know.

It's happened to Bastula and I'm at the same dealership. I would hate to wait extra 2 days if I don't need too.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 07:13 PM   #62
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Does anyone know if you are able to track vehicle delivery while it's on a truck?

I have this weird feeling that my car might be at my dealership either today or tomorrow but no one will know.

It's happened to Bastula and I'm at the same dealership. I would hate to wait extra 2 days if I don't need too.
The most common truck carrier is United Road... Try your VIN here:

Sorry that link was bad...

https://www.unitedroad.com/delivery-receipts

Last edited by ChevyGuyFL; 05-03-2019 at 07:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50
      05-03-2019, 08:23 PM   #63
RNemesisN63
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit M850

Garage List
2019 540i  [0.00]
2013 535i  [0.00]
Quote:

+1 just used this a couple days ago to track mine. Knew immediately when it was delivered with time stamp. That's your best bet aside from your CA
      05-03-2019, 09:11 PM   #64
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedBimmer View Post
Quote:

+1 just used this a couple days ago to track mine. Knew immediately when it was delivered with time stamp. That's your best bet aside from your CA
I tried this one before but no VIN match. Could be possible that my car is really not on a truck yet.

I saw something on the file that my dealer sent me and it said- "1300 MOORE TRANSPORT". I'm not sure if that's the truck carrier or not.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 06:41 AM   #65
ChevyGuyFL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I tried this one before but no VIN match. Could be possible that my car is really not on a truck yet.

I saw something on the file that my dealer sent me and it said- "1300 MOORE TRANSPORT". I'm not sure if that's the truck carrier or not.
Yes, they are a vehicle transport company... don't appear to have tracking though... might be worth a call to their customer service.

http://www.mooretransport.com/
      05-04-2019, 08:32 PM   #66
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, they are a vehicle transport company... don't appear to have tracking though... might be worth a call to their customer service.

http://www.mooretransport.com/
Yes that is the company bringing my cars unfortunately they don't offer tracking.

I did drive through the parking lots of the dealership a few times today lol. I didn't see my car.

I will stop by one more time before sleeping, talk about being a stalker
Appreciate 2
bastula181.50