BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Creating a driver profile without ConnectedDrive

07-03-2022, 11:41 AM   #1
cbarlow
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335ix, 2019 540i

Creating a driver profile without ConnectedDrive

I have a 2019 540i and driver profiles set up for each of my two fobs. They were easy to set up and did not require the My BMW app, a ConnectedDrive account, or anything like that.

My father has a 2022 540i. One of his fobs is associated with a driver profile that seems to be tied to his ConnectedDrive account. The other fob is associated with the guest profile. He wants to create a new, named driver profile and associate the fob with it but seems to be running into complications an says it needs to be tied to a ConnectedDrive account but that his account won't let him create another driver or something. The information is coming second hand; I haven't seen it with my own eyes.

Looking at the online owner's manual for his vehicle the Driver profiles section says, "ConnectedDrive countries: An existing ConnectedDrive account must be assigned to a driver profile." Is there not a way to do driver profiles without the complication of online accounts?
Appreciate 0