BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis Michelin alpin pa4 N-spec winter tires

11-24-2017, 04:20 AM   #23
NTTY
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: G30 M550xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbunkle22 View Post
How is the steering compared to the summer tires (winter tires, I always hate for being so mushy)? Do you have Michelin PS4S for summer as well? Thanks!
I have been using both PSS (not PS4S) and PA4 for years on several cars. If the PA4 is amazingly good on dry roads, it still does not compete with a summer tire, especially on the steering feeling. Grip is remarkable though. On the snow, it's the best tire I've tried and I'm sticking to this one now.

I went for the PA4 again with my M3 (285/30/20 rear and 265/35/19 front) and I have to drive my daughter everyday to a ski resort where her school is located. The PA4 never failed to bring me there

Cheers
      12-11-2017, 03:50 PM   #24
stalr5
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
On aware that when I ordered 540 xdrive with 20? rims the tires that came with this option where not all season tires. Only summer tires. I have after market rims and tires for the summer so I will be installing these winter Michelins on the factory rims for Wisconsin fall and winter months.
Hi Jay,
Did you buy those tires from tirerack? I see them on their website, but when I put 550 20", it says tires won't fit. Pirellis at discount tires are sold out and they won't be restocked untill next year. I am really running out of options for winter tires here in Chicago
Thanks in advance,
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2017, 07:20 PM   #25
Jay R
Private
Rep
Drives: g30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalr5 View Post
Quote:
On aware that when I ordered 540 xdrive with 20? rims the tires that came with this option where not all season tires. Only summer tires. I have after market rims and tires for the summer so I will be installing these winter Michelins on the factory rims for Wisconsin fall and winter months.
Hi Jay,
Did you buy those tires from tirerack? I see them on their website, but when I put 550 20", it says tires won't fit. Pirellis at discount tires are sold out and they won't be restocked untill next year. I am really running out of options for winter tires here in Chicago
Thanks in advance,
Sorry for the late response but Yes I ordered the tires from tire rack they fit perfect. No different than if they had come on the car from the factory. and they performed well. this past week we had 2 inches of snow on Wednesday.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2017, 04:12 PM   #26
stalr5
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550

Quote:
Sorry for the late response but Yes I ordered the tires from tire rack they fit perfect. No different than if they had come on the car from the factory. and they performed well. this past week we had 2 inches of snow on Wednesday.
Many Thanks, Just placed the order . One last question, any specifications for wheels? or any aftermarket 20" wheel would fit?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 08:52 AM   #27
Jay R
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalr5 View Post
Quote:
Many Thanks, Just placed the order . One last question, any specifications for wheels? or any aftermarket 20" wheel would fit?
As long as the bolt pattern remains 5-112 you should be good:
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2017, 11:04 AM   #28
BMW_K1D
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 (F15)

Quote:
Just now trying on these new winter boots. All washed and waxed. Ready for Wisconsin snow season
How do they perform so far in the winter. Trying to install them on my 2014 x5???
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2018, 04:52 AM   #29
Jay R
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J7NKMAIL View Post
Quote:
Just now trying on these new winter boots. All washed and waxed. Ready for Wisconsin snow season
How do they perform so far in the winter. Trying to install them on my 2014 x5???
Quote:
Originally Posted by J7NKMAIL View Post
Quote:
They perform great. Below 0 weather with snow and slick roads. I highly recommend :
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 04:48 AM   #30
Ehjax
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Just a heads up, only your front tires are "N Spec". Your rears are just plain PA4s.

As mentioned earlier the N Specs are directional and are made specifically for Porches. No reason they wont work well on your car however its generally frowned upon to run 2 directional and 2 asymmetrical, or even different tread patterns at all really.
Appreciate 0