BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Dinan Stage 1 TUNE 2017 BMW 540i xdrive

07-27-2020, 09:40 AM   #1
Dakidez
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xdrive

Dinan Stage 1 TUNE 2017 BMW 540i xdrive

Whaddup everyone,

I am sending out my ecu to dinan today.

The car is a stock sport line b58 engine. I originally just wanted to remove the 130mph governor but was convinced by my car community to go stage 1. I went dinan because they offer a warranty.

She is my daily so i just want her to last at her highest potential.

Please leave feedback positive and negative what you think and if you have experience with the b58 tune. I am willing to answer questions if you have any.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 10:40 AM   #2
Warp Ten
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakidez View Post
Whaddup everyone,

I am sending out my ecu to dinan today.

The car is a stock sport line b58 engine. I originally just wanted to remove the 130mph governor but was convinced by my car community to go stage 1. I went dinan because they offer a warranty.

She is my daily so i just want her to last at her highest potential.

Please leave feedback positive and negative what you think and if you have experience with the b58 tune. I am willing to answer questions if you have any.

Thanks,
I have no experience with the Dinan tune but I am curious--if the BMW dealer reprograms the car for any reason will that affect the Dinan tune? And is there a warranty issue from BMW's perspective? Will they void your BMW warranty and have you hope Dinan will cover you for any engine problems? --Bob
      07-28-2020, 09:32 AM   #3
ArchieV
Corporal
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 540i xDrive

From a previous thread....

"Dinan does not "automatically void factory warranty". If a Dinan accessory/tune is proven to have caused a failure or other issue, and BMW denies warranty repair for that issue, Dinan will cover it. Your entire factory warranty is NOT "voided". The Dinan warranty is a "parallel" warranty that covers a denied factory warranty claim attributed to the installation of Dinan equipment."

I'm sure this depends on your dealer and the service tech/manager you work with as well and I wouldn't be surprised if some were easier to work with than others
      07-28-2020, 09:37 AM   #4
jeveryday
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i xDrive

The issue from what i've seen(from n54's and up) normally comes down to cost vs gain. From what ive seen down the years is that Dinan tunes arent that aggressive in comparison to the other flashes, tunes and piggybacks out there. So now you have a more expensive product and gains that aren't as aggressive as what your counterparts. It's never been labled as a poor product but the value is normally the issue.
Appreciate 2
      07-29-2020, 10:01 AM   #5
Warp Ten
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieV View Post
From a previous thread....

"Dinan does not "automatically void factory warranty". If a Dinan accessory/tune is proven to have caused a failure or other issue, and BMW denies warranty repair for that issue, Dinan will cover it. Your entire factory warranty is NOT "voided". The Dinan warranty is a "parallel" warranty that covers a denied factory warranty claim attributed to the installation of Dinan equipment."

I'm sure this depends on your dealer and the service tech/manager you work with as well and I wouldn't be surprised if some were easier to work with than others
Thanks Archie, that sounds about right. And it does depend on the dealer, and sometimes the customer as to how they help out with a problem/conflict. I know that the dealer I worked for would not even work on a car that had Dinan tunes or parts on them because at one point they could not get Dinan to stand behind its emissions compliance warranty and the Dinan modified cars kept failing to pass emissions tests. So they drop all Dinan related things and would not service the Dinan modified cars (they previously had been a Dinan dealer). However another BMW dealer not far away did (and does) do Dinan mods and works on the Dinan modded cars. Now my info is about 6 years old, but I know the dealer where I worked still doesn't work on Dinan modified cars. --Bob
      11-04-2020, 08:12 PM   #6
Dakidez
Registered
Rep

So after months of waiting dinan never completed a tune for me. I got a refund but still no tune. Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 03:05 PM   #7
MauiSteve
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M Sport 540i

Months of waiting after you removed your ECU and sent it to them??? Sounds like you were without use of your 540 for quite a while

Why not head to a local tuner, perhaps one affiliated with Noelle Performance, and just make an appointment for your vehicle.
      11-06-2020, 03:22 PM   #8
Dakidez
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiSteve View Post
Months of waiting after you removed your ECU and sent it to them??? Sounds like you were without use of your 540 for quite a while

Why not head to a local tuner, perhaps one affiliated with Noelle Performance, and just make an appointment for your vehicle.
Yes I was forced to leave my car parked for absolutely no reason. SMH. I'm in New Jersey. Know of any reputable shops?
Appreciate 0