BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions BMW download manager

07-18-2020, 04:36 PM   #1
guho
Rep
Drives: 540xi g30

BMW download manager

In addition to the G30 OTA map updates it is possible to download overall map updates. But I can't find a link to the BMW download manager for Windows. I am looking to download North America EVO 2020-2 maps, about 30GB or so. I still have valid map update FSC code until this month. Thanks.

Please, could someone post link to either maps or the BMW Download Manager application?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 11:50 PM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

It's buried within your connected drive. I always struggle to find it within connected drive every quarter!

If you can find it the download manager will be part of that process.
Don't think I can give a link as it will be specific to a persons login.

From memory it's off the home of the website site it's NOT where it lists all the features that you are entitled to.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 12:19 AM   #3
Wivenhoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e - delivered Nov 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by guho View Post

Please, could someone post link to either maps or the BMW Download Manager application?
I’m in the UK so my link wouldn’t work for you. On the CD website go to Control, scroll down and select Map Update and then you can select either Windows or MAC versions of the Download Manager

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 01:44 AM   #4
Beemerguy530
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530D

For UK. Could be same US. When in Connected Drive. Go to Remote Cockpit. Should then have 3 options - Status, Control and Map. Go to Control and scroll down towards the bottom to Map Update. You should then have two options for Map Update. Automatic Map Update or Manual Map Update. Click on Manual and you should be given Windows or Mac options to download BMW Download Manager.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 04:03 PM   #5
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
In the US there is no way to download the full North America map via ConnectedDrive.

I'm new to the brand so I have to inquirer at the dealership once I go in to try and get the AA update as to how do you get map updates in general for them. When I reached out to the BMW Genius they noted I could buy the maps on ShopBMWUSA.com except they don't list maps for iDrive 7 cars....
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 09:56 PM   #6
Wivenhoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e - delivered Nov 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
In the US there is no way to download the full North America map via ConnectedDrive. When I reached out to the BMW Genius they noted I could buy the maps on ShopBMWUSA.com except they don't list maps for iDrive 7 cars....
I am surprised a Genius would say maps for an ID7 car could be bought - ID7 was only released last year so at least 2 more years of free updates.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 09:04 AM   #7
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wivenhoe View Post
I am surprised a Genius would say maps for an ID7 car could be bought - ID7 was only released last year so at least 2 more years of free updates.
I'm new to the brand so I'm completely confused on how any of this works in the US. The UK seems to be much more logical about this...

In the US we get OTA maps according to the ConnectedDrive portal included for 3 years and they update up to 4 times a year based on the region you select online. I used to get a notification in the car when they happens, but now I don't seem to get the notifications even though the update occurs.

Updating the base map that covers NA though isn't as straight forward. There are some sites that will sell an update to you that isn't BMW affiliated. But BMW doesn't appear to make the update available to you. I'll ask the dealer when I go into get the AA update installed how it is officially handled. As the BMW Genius answer was bizarre to me.
Appreciate 0