BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos What's the worst spill you've had in your car?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-20-2019, 11:12 PM   #23
bobowar135
Private
bobowar135's Avatar
Australia
140
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: 08' Sedona Red 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Dark Side of the Moon

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
This will never get old
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2019, 10:25 AM   #24
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
19186
Rep
11,601
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydrivens30 View Post
Spilled a full large mcd strawberry banana smoothie on my drivers seat, floor mats and it dripped out the back of the seat down into the air vent and sub.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BS_CS View Post


I think I would die.
.
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 10:54 AM   #25
smrtypants44
Lieutenant
smrtypants44's Avatar
United_States
217
Rep
439
Posts

Drives: 2017 440i
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Tulsa, OK

iTrader: (2)

Not me but a friends wife projectile vomited Gatorade on the dashboard of her mini countryman. They had to trade it in months later after it started turning itself on randomly
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 01:28 PM   #26
behindthen0thing
First Lieutenant
behindthen0thing's Avatar
212
Rep
386
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

My cat was back from surgery, I had him in my lap, in my G37 and he urinated in my lap because of the Anesthesia.
I replaced the drivers seat along with the whole carpet under the interior of the car.
Appreciate 1
wrickem1290.00

      11-21-2019, 02:34 PM   #27
rlmesq
Major
909
Rep
1,377
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chico, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthen0thing View Post
My cat was back from surgery, I had him in my lap, in my G37 and he urinated in my lap because of the Anesthesia.
I replaced the drivers seat along with the whole carpet under the interior of the car.
Here's a cat story that's even worse...

Rufus MDK (the Murder Death Kitty because he's such a hunter) apparently got into a fight with a coyote or fox. His eye was completely swollen shut and we thought he had lost it.

My wife couldn't find the carrier, so she threw him into the car and took off for our vet, 25 miles away. For some reason, she took my car... maybe hers was low on gas.

A few hours later, I got a call that said the cat was in surgery and would be okay... and she was at the detail shop.

Rufus had gotten into the back, and pooped and peed all over the rear seat and back deck. My wife said she had to stick her head out the window on the freeway or she would have thrown up.

After dropping him off at the vet, she went directly to the detail shop. "Otherwise, you would have to throw away your car."

The shop did an amazing job, even promising to re-do it if the smell came back. It never did... and I drove the car for another year until the lease ended without a whiff of the nasty cat stuff.

My wife is almost as much of a badass as the cat to deal with the situation so quickly (and not just set fire to the car).

Here's Rufus with a cone of shame and a drain in the abscess.

Appreciate 2
      11-21-2019, 04:11 PM   #28
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
The Wind Breezes's Avatar
845
Rep
1,856
Posts

Drives: 135i N55 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Probably menstrual blood.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 04:56 PM   #29
byroncheung
Lieutenant
United_States
126
Rep
563
Posts

Drives: e90 m3, 997.2 c2s, x166 GL450
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Westchester, NY

iTrader: (0)

cap on a bottle of 10w-60 came loose and leaked all over the trunk tool box section... those spongy / felt plastic material are impossible to clean...
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 05:02 PM   #30
behindthen0thing
First Lieutenant
behindthen0thing's Avatar
212
Rep
386
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Poor cat!
I wonder how yours cleaned up so well and mine didn't?!
I tried all kinds of cleaners, over and over, everything you can think of from microbial, to harsh chemicals.
ended up sticking a Recaro seat in for the time being since a new stock seat is like 6 grand.

Glad to hear your cat made it out okay.



Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
Here's a cat story that's even worse...

Rufus MDK (the Murder Death Kitty because he's such a hunter) apparently got into a fight with a coyote or fox. His eye was completely swollen shut and we thought he had lost it.

My wife couldn't find the carrier, so she threw him into the car and took off for our vet, 25 miles away. For some reason, she took my car... maybe hers was low on gas.

A few hours later, I got a call that said the cat was in surgery and would be okay... and she was at the detail shop.

Rufus had gotten into the back, and pooped and peed all over the rear seat and back deck. My wife said she had to stick her head out the window on the freeway or she would have thrown up.

After dropping him off at the vet, she went directly to the detail shop. "Otherwise, you would have to throw away your car."

The shop did an amazing job, even promising to re-do it if the smell came back. It never did... and I drove the car for another year until the lease ended without a whiff of the nasty cat stuff.

My wife is almost as much of a badass as the cat to deal with the situation so quickly (and not just set fire to the car).

Here's Rufus with a cone of shame and a drain in the abscess.

Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 01:59 AM   #31
Meeni
Gateropode
Meeni's Avatar
295
Rep
2,814
Posts

Drives: BMW 330i 06
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: TN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthen0thing View Post
My cat was back from surgery, I had him in my lap, in my G37 and he urinated in my lap because of the Anesthesia.
I replaced the drivers seat along with the whole carpet under the interior of the car.
Just FYI transporting a cat outside of a carrying box is extremelly dangerous. The cat can get scarred and hide under the brake pedal.

The worst spill I had is a half gallon of gasoline for the lawnmower that spilled in the trunk, the car smelled like gas for several weeks.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 05:07 AM   #32
behindthen0thing
First Lieutenant
behindthen0thing's Avatar
212
Rep
386
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
Just FYI transporting a cat outside of a carrying box is extremelly dangerous. The cat can get scarred and hide under the brake pedal.

The worst spill I had is a half gallon of gasoline for the lawnmower that spilled in the trunk, the car smelled like gas for several weeks.
I hear you. Thats not the best practice but I'm comfortable with mine as he is calm and doesn't jump or walk around.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 08:54 AM   #33
rlmesq
Major
909
Rep
1,377
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chico, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthen0thing View Post
Poor cat!
I wonder how yours cleaned up so well and mine didn't?!
I tried all kinds of cleaners, over and over, everything you can think of from microbial, to harsh chemicals.
ended up sticking a Recaro seat in for the time being since a new stock seat is like 6 grand.

Glad to hear your cat made it out okay.
I'm not sure what they used... but I tipped them VERY well!

Glad your cat is okay, too. I'm not really a cat guy, but for some reason I decided I needed a kitten a few years ago. My boxer mix was about four at the time and COMPLETELY crazy, and Rufus was the best thing that ever happened. Hayden decided he was her puppy and mellowed out like a dog that's had a litter.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 08:58 AM   #34
rlmesq
Major
909
Rep
1,377
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chico, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
Just FYI transporting a cat outside of a carrying box is extremelly dangerous. The cat can get scarred and hide under the brake pedal.
I don't believe in having most animals loose in a car, but it was a 911 situation and we needed to get him to the vet ASAP.

We usually have carriers staged near the front door of the house during fire season. (My house is about seven miles from Paradise, CA, where the horrific Camp Fire destroyed most of the home and killed more than 80 people.) Unfortunately, the cat's encounter with ???? came in December, when it was cold outside, so the carrier was stuffed away in a closet and not immediately available.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 11:24 AM   #35
pgviper
Captain
United_States
217
Rep
816
Posts

Drives: X5
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Projectile vomit from a 4 year old who had been drinking chocolate milk for the past few hours in the middle of summer.

It was absolutely horrifying...




... Not my child
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 04:38 AM   #36
dailydrivens30
New Member
32
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 73 240z , 09 335i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Oakland, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
How fast did you clean this? Did you use upholstery cleaner? Im afraid that my drink i spilled will get carpet too dried so its permanent if left too long
I had just to work no cleaning supplies other than water and my undershirt which I took off in the parking lot.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 09:31 AM   #37
particulardude
First Lieutenant
United_States
136
Rep
317
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 | 2007 LR3 | 2017 XC90
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

sneezed with a mouthful of yogurt and granola all over instrument cluster and center console of my old X5
__________________
"...if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Instagram@particulardude
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 09:56 AM   #38
Ric in RVA
Bergspyder
Ric in RVA's Avatar
United_States
654
Rep
848
Posts

Drives: '11 BMW 128i Sport 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Richmond VA

iTrader: (1)

Yesterday had lunch with a buddy of mine. He had put about a dozen partly filled latex paint can in the back of his pickup truck to go to the landfill.

We come out of restaurant and it is dripping paint from the bed. He had to swerve around someone who pulled out on him....and forgotten about the paint cans unsecured in the back. About half were open on on their sides....
__________________
Ric in RVA

2011 128i 6 MT Sport, 10 Land Rover LR4, 2011 528i N52, 18 F150 Platinum, Sequoia, 01 Excursion FOR SALE, a few motorcycles.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 07:57 PM   #39
Sy1616
Second Lieutenant
124
Rep
219
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW M5
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

A full gallon of paint in the trunk on way home from Home Depot. No joke! Actually got it out
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST