BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs Question about paint

06-03-2021, 07:10 PM   #1
cmgolfr212
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550I

Question about paint

First post here! Bought my 2018 M550i in Dark Graphite about 2 months ago and had some questions about the finish of the paint. Just to back up, I've had Audi's, a Tesla, couple Camaros, and a F-150 which never had the rough "almost" orange peel feel of this M550i.

When I bought it from Passport BMW in Alexandria, VA, they detailed it and it looked decent on purchase. I decided to spend a day detailing it myself (polish, claybar, and 2 coats of wax). It still looks a little rough in texture. I had the car at BMW of Fairfax earlier today and showed them what I was talking about and they dismissed it to be having the car washed in a brush automated car wash (wasn't the case).

I've attached some pictures (it just rained so the car is a bit dirty but I think you can see the "texture" I'm speaking of. Didn't know if this was normal or not but its been driving me crazy for the past 2 months.

Btw the only issue spots are only the doors and not the trunk.

Any experience with this or is this something I need the dealership addressing?Name:  image0.jpeg
Views: 200
Size:  77.0 KB

Name:  image2.jpeg
Views: 205
Size:  95.2 KB

Name:  image3.jpeg
Views: 209
Size:  101.8 KB
Appreciate 0