BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis Tire Size Not Showing As An Option in iDrive?

04-15-2023, 03:14 PM   #1
***Gnome***
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

Tire Size Not Showing As An Option in iDrive?

I just put on new tires in the exact same size as the original tires (245/40/R19), but when I checked the tire settings in iDrive that size no longer an option.

Any idea what's going on and how I get back to the correct settings? In the meantime the installer set the tires to "Other" but as a result it doesn't give recommended tire pressures and who knows what else is off.

TIA
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2023, 04:11 PM   #2
***Gnome***
Rep

Update FWIW. Turns out the tire settings ARE available in iDrive.

My confusion is that it's in the Winter/All-Season section of the tire options.

My new tires are Summer tires (Michelin PS4 ZP run-flats) so the installer selected the Summer Tire section, but this size isn't an option in that section so they chose "other."

In the iDrive settings is tire size more important than type (summer vs all-season or winter)? Assuming yes, I switched the setting to the correct size. I don't think it'll matter to the computer if it's a summer vs all-season tire, but let me know if I'm off base.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2023, 04:46 PM   #3
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Gnome*** View Post
In the iDrive settings is tire size more important than type (summer vs all-season or winter)? Assuming yes, I switched the setting to the correct size. I don't think it'll matter to the computer if it's a summer vs all-season tire, but let me know if I'm off base.
I'd be going for the size and get the recommendations, see if it feels right at those pressures.

BTW, did you remove All-Season tires? Summer tire pressures should be very similar to an All-Season, of the same size and load ratings.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2023, 11:51 PM   #4
***Gnome***
Rep

Yeah, switched from the Goodyear all season run flats that came with the car to the Michelins. I think it'll be fine that way with the tire pressures, will see.
Appreciate 0