BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Audio Upgrade: BAVSound Revenant Amplifier

05-02-2021, 04:57 PM   #23
Ashg
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw G30 bmw e89

I have the base HIFI and disappointed with the sound. I'm thinking of just doing stage 1 bavsound. Does it make a difference with just stage 1 upgrade? I'm not looking to play loud music and 250w is enough for me. I just need good sound quality
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 09:06 PM   #24
mittu
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 530d xdrive

On the HK system does anyone know the underseat subwoofer wiring colours?

Im trying to tap into them from the boot where the amp is.
Would avoid needing to unscrew from seats and sub.

Last edited by mittu; 02-15-2022 at 04:57 PM..
Appreciate 1
Marsh5012.00
      05-19-2021, 11:48 PM   #25
Robxc80
Rep
Drives: Mercedes GLE, BMW 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashg View Post
I have the base HIFI and disappointed with the sound. I'm thinking of just doing stage 1 bavsound. Does it make a difference with just stage 1 upgrade? I'm not looking to play loud music and 250w is enough for me. I just need good sound quality
I had the Stage 1 and ghost subwoofers installed initially and the sound was definitely cleaner than the stock hifi that came with the car. You still had to turn the volume up quite a bit to hear music at a good volume while driving highway speeds. I wasn’t impressed.

I decided to order the amp and after confirming that my car was compatible (due to some changes in the wiring harness in mid 2018), I order the amp and just got it and installed it today.

Verdict? Sounds better and is much better than stock. But each step was incremental at best and not worth the money of buying the complete system. For over 2K, one would expect a lot more. At least I did. Frankly, I’m glad I did it since the stock hifi is terrible. That said, my stock HK in my old e class, and the stock burmester in my current GLE is MUCH a better than the complete bavsound system in my 540.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 12:44 AM   #26
revup1212
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED13F10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgnpower View Post
Hey everyone, I wanted to post some results I had from upgrading my audio system. I was told "no it couldn't be done" virtually everywhere I went, until BavSound provided exceptional customer service. Plug and play was easy, taking apart the car lining was moderately difficult. Sound is 100x better with the new amp. (1300w versus the 205 w factory is a definite improvement). Highly recommend bavsound for your bmw if you want better quality sound from your base speakers.

https://www.bavsound.com

Here are the photos of the base amp unit compared to the bavsound revenant unit (which comes with the plug and play adaptor designed for bmw).
I have this amp for sale! $700 used like new comes with harness and mounting bracket.. I’m new to the forum so apologies if I’m posting this in the wrong place lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK28 View Post
Nice I've been trying to upgrade to a Bavsound amp but they told me that they currently do not sell the amp for the 2017 5 series on their website because they've had instances where wiring harnesses would not fit in some models.
Still available?
Appreciate 0