BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications Uh? XHP 20 M550 trans tune- AVAILABLE

06-20-2023, 06:58 PM   #155
maDjzo
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: G30

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjames93* View Post
Project n 63
No 4-5 gearing yet so don’t mind the trap. Working development for launching and testing developmental software. We almost have the channels done for the up top power dme side. . Once we have it done we will offer it. I am personally offering custom xHP setups to help those get off the line better and trap better with current setups. We are xHP dealers and bootmod3 dealers. Stay tuned will be releasing the 9 second capable n63 r soon. Yes she is stock and we are not running meth. The car is nowhere near its limits. We will show why and how to manage the torque better down low and keep the power band up top.
Paramus?
We should link up!
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2023, 08:52 PM   #156
Torettoshifts
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M550bernina View Post
Hey bud-

If you're going to start marketing and selling a product combo with tune and TCU tune, I would suggest a website that people can go to.

Also people are going to ask for the following:

- Dyno graph. This is imperative to see the horsepower, torque and how the tourqe comes on
- Custom tune or ots
- what downpipes are you running.
- What octane fuel
- What high pressure fuel pump do you have.
- what size upgraded turbos (hybrid?)do you have.
- Stock block or upgraded pistons and rods.
- 60 to 130 times.
- Datalogs to make people feel at ease.

Right now it looks like running a completely stock 456 horsepower 2018 car on 93 octane with the stage one tune with xhp. Most people with a 2018 would agree that that would get you a mid 11 second car. low 11s and negative DA.

All this will really make for a transparent product. You don't want to run into what Noelle performance ran into on the M5 boards.
Hey Buddy we chatted before I would love to help you on your journey. This was a personal thing at the beginning and became global. Like I stated above I am working already with the major companies to help build something along mines to come. Please don’t think that major logging adjusting learning and discovering is not getting done. The car is stock no upgraded performance parts. We have development parts to come after I hit the 9.9 9.8 mark. And if you haven’t noticed yet all those parts mentioned that may have been attempted, Doesn’t produce what is needed. It is deeper than that. As I stated. The car is stock. It just got intakes and it has Downpipes. Those are the only performance mods. What is key here is software I mentioned before that we are testing and the channels we are developing with bootmod. If you’re looking for a website or shop. One of my close buddies ecmtuner Sergey is world renown for decades now. We use his shops here in the tri state. But I globally work with many influential guys. Including The great Baskispeedworks and many 9 sec 550 guys over seas .Halim at bootmod and the creators at xHP are all involved. So this won’t be something that will plateau or bottom out. I suggest you ask and talk to me maybe we can do something together Please don’t believe what you see in dragy or in news articles About power it’s much deeper than that If you want to know more I can send my pages. And shops and buddies I work with. The downfall you mentioned before has no relation to what is going on with what we have going. On. I am not only involved in tuning. I’m involved in straight innovation which involves many different entities. You best believe once it’s all said and done. We will have a stage 1-4 package for all cars to use. Stage 3-4 will involve upgraded parts but not what you mentioned above. And for anybody wondering please reach out to me. You can find shops pages and innovations of interest through these pages this is just a few
@1mrocket5 is my personal please hit me up for all your needs
@baskispeedworks
@ecmtuner
@n63intakes
@Bimmer_engineerx

And personally anybody wanting help with xhp I am willing to help. I service all bmws now. I have studied many things and now I am producing world class results. This did not happen over night. It’s called consistency. Ethanol wise. It’s a e40ish map currently on the car no meth.
I have some great endorsement parts to come after the stock 9 second time is down. Come to find out. The m550i is more like the m5 than you know.

Last edited by Torettoshifts; 06-20-2023 at 09:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 09:30 PM   #157
M550bernina
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M550

Quote:
Hey Buddy we chatted before I would love to help you on your journey. This was a personal thing at the beginning and became global. Like I stated above I am working already with the major companies to help build something along mines to come. Please don’t think that major logging adjusting learning and discovering is not getting done. The car is stock no upgraded performance parts. We have development parts to come after I hit the 9.9 9.8 mark. And if you haven’t noticed yet all those parts mentioned that may have been attempted, Doesn’t produce what is needed. It is deeper than that. As I stated. The car is stock. It just got intakes and it has Downpipes. Those are the only performance mods. What is key here is software I mentioned before that we are testing and the channels we are developing with bootmod. If you’re looking for a website or shop. One of my close buddies ecmtuner Sergey is world renown for decades now. We use his shops here in the tri state. But I globally work with many influential guys. Including The great Baskispeedworks and many 9 sec 550 guys over seas .Halim at bootmod and the creators at xHP are all involved. So this won’t be something that will plateau or bottom out. I suggest you ask and talk to me maybe we can do something together Please don’t believe what you see in dragy or in news articles About power it’s much deeper than that If you want to know more I can send my pages. And shops and buddies I work with. The downfall you mentioned before has no relation to what is going on with what we have going. On. I am not only involved in [...]
Bud - I just don't want to see what happened to Noelle performance happen to someone on the 550 boards. Those kind of numbers on stock motor/stock turbos on a 2018 M550 is going to get the f90 crowd running HCP tunes looking into your car/tune. They obliterated Noelle for their claims.

I know that the 2020 plus models got bigger turbos that can go up to 25 psi. I didn't think a 2018 turbos could even create enough boost for that type of power. The 2020 plus also have the rods from the f90, but not Pistons.

If you're working on the ram channels with bm3 that's a good thing, they have them from m cars, but they don't have them for our cars.

I thought Sergey only worked on old 550 (N63R) models.

Halim is a whole different story, he's considered the crown jewel in BMW tuning. Obviously him and Utku focus on the M5.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 10:23 PM   #158
Torettoshifts
Private First Class
Rep

Please message us for anyone actually interested we will continue development !
We have taken the years to get this development where no one else would spend time.

Lol, there's a huge difference between a mid 11 and a mid 10 second car (200+ HP for 4600+ lb car with driver)...

Ps.. as far as forging will be necessary just like the m5 after 9.9

With all the world class partners on this car. Please stop scaring people with the noelle story I touched on them years back and decided against it. The m550 in general is fully capable don’t believe the hype or myths lol. The car has handled thousands of launches.
Attached Images

Last edited by Torettoshifts; 06-20-2023 at 10:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 11:31 PM   #159
Torettoshifts
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maDjzo View Post
Paramus?
We should link up!
Send me a message or follow my personal Instagram @1mrocket5
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 06:46 PM   #160
choppedliver
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550ix Pure

Interested. My only question is will 2020+ be included?
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2023, 09:18 PM   #161
WretchedRefuse
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550i

I definitely see value in configuring/customizing the BM3/JB4 and xHP tunes to work seamlessly together on these cars. The tunes were developed independently and we don't know anything about how much they have ever been integrated with one another. I will continue to watch with interest.
Appreciate 2
      06-22-2023, 12:50 AM   #162
Torettoshifts
Private First Class
Rep

Of course I am servicing all cars in general and especially ours.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 05:31 AM   #163
Boosted_8
Captain
Rep
Drives: M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by easeraf27 View Post
Is it dangerous to run map2 on stock downpipes? Or not recommended
Honestly, you will just make more heat and see timing pulled by the ECU.

Net result you will go no faster than map 1, despite the turbos giving it their all.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 06:34 AM   #164
choppedliver
Captain
Rep

Back to the track with new PS5 tyres on the front. Similar night to 6 weeks ago or so.

Tried XHP drag mode and it stopped the car launching, bogging and then going which hurt times.

Attached is the last and best run. It spun the rears going into second the changes are so brutal. xHP probably gives me 0.1s 0-100 and about 0.2-0.3 on the 1/4 mile.

That's it until it gets tuned in December (warranty expires).

Oh and weighed the car at the track. 1920kg with 1/4 tank of fuel. Heavier than what BMW reckon which is no surprise.
Attached Images

Last edited by choppedliver; 07-12-2023 at 06:39 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2023, 12:55 PM   #165
Torettoshifts
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppedliver View Post
Back to the track with new PS5 tyres on the front. Similar night to 6 weeks ago or so.

Tried XHP drag mode and it stopped the car launching, bogging and then going which hurt times.

Attached is the last and best run. It spun the rears going into second the changes are so brutal. xHP probably gives me 0.1s 0-100 and about 0.2-0.3 on the 1/4 mile.

That's it until it gets tuned in December (warranty expires).

Oh and weighed the car at the track. 1920kg with 1/4 tank of fuel. Heavier than what BMW reckon which is no surprise.
I can help you
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 04:19 PM   #166
choppedliver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I can help you
I appreciate that. At this it stage I don’t think we will get much improvement from XHP tuning.

I’m sure a tenth or 2 is possible from launch to 3rd gear but it’s not something I’m willing to chase right now as I can’t test the car on the street (it’s possible, but risky and there are few places).

I’d be more interested once it’s tuned. I’ll probably just do a BM3 OTS flash initially and then fiddle with xhp to see how deep in the tens we can go.

My local shop are BM3 experts and tune hundreds of cars including many BMWs of all sorts so they will do the bench unlock and I can then flash the tune. I’m not sure how expert they are on XHP though, but it’s clear to me that the ECU and TCU tunes need to work together for optimal results. That’s when I’ll need help possibly. I’m in Australia so that means I may need to look for local expertise anyway.

Last edited by choppedliver; 07-12-2023 at 06:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 04:56 PM   #167
Torettoshifts
Private First Class
Rep

My friend you are moving in the right direction. Don’t worry man I’m working all over the world. We are working on the soft which is the only thing we need to hit 9s while still being in stock form. We have to take it a psi at a time while the ram channels we didn’t have up for up top power are made.

We also have 2wd almost done and then we can provide. It will become very accessible to hit 9s very soon. So don’t worry it will be possible!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 07:58 AM   #168
alapoint
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 550i

How are the downshifts with the tranny tune? Stock they are terrible and i hate it. Half ass throttle blip. Will the downshifts vary in aggression with the 1-3maps?

Also. Whats the base trans tune package for? Do you need the second package? Keep in mind, i dont race. Purely a highway missle.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 03:10 PM   #169
Kimd41
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '18 M5

Quote:
My friend you are moving in the right direction. Don’t worry man I’m working all over the world. We are working on the soft which is the only thing we need to hit 9s while still being in stock form. We have to take it a psi at a time while the ram channels we didn’t have up for up top power are made.

We also have 2wd almost done and then we can provide. It will become very accessible to hit 9s very soon. So don’t worry it will be possible!
Wait what! Are you "porting" the M xDrive software to the G30? So we will be able to deactivate AWD like on the M5???
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 06:24 PM   #170
M550bernina
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimd41 View Post
Wait what! Are you "porting" the M xDrive software to the G30? So we will be able to deactivate AWD like on the M5???
That is not possible.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2023, 05:26 AM   #171
Boosted_8
Captain
Rep
Drives: M550i

X delete RWD mode would be handy for Dyno runs. Not too many 4WD dynos in the local area.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2023, 09:27 AM   #172
M550bernina
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimd41 View Post
Sorry I thought you were talking about being able to disable all-wheel drive for rear-wheel drive and back whenever you wanted like on the M5.

Xhp only has x- delete for the E & F series vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2023, 03:14 AM   #173
Kimd41
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '18 M5

I know, but his message seems to hint that he is developing that.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2023, 04:05 PM   #174
silentwallker
Rep
Drives: G30 m550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M550bernina View Post
Sorry I thought you were talking about being able to disable all-wheel drive for rear-wheel drive and back whenever you wanted like on the M5.

Xhp only has x- delete for the E & F series vehicles.

M550bernina, or anyone with xHp I have a question.
After xHP flash, i noticed that in sport mode my shift are too harsh and not so fast.
It feels like while shifting I have 2 kicks. Like torque pauses for 200-300ms, and than goes huge kick in the transmission (not from the wheels 100%)
So I'm curious did you guys have the same, or that's just my car having problems?

I tried to add torque reduction +10%, which helped for a bit, but not solved these bad kicks.
I had xHp on prev cars, or compared with friends, and nobody has that kicks even in drag mode. But don't have another m550i to compare.

p.s. I'm running 2019 m550i (tu3)
st1 bootmod
st3 xhp

best times for now is
3.16 0-100 km/h
7.21 100-200 km/h
10.99 1/4 mile
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2023, 04:38 PM   #175
M550bernina
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwallker View Post
After xHP flash, i noticed that in sport mode my shift are too harsh and not so fast.
It feels like while shifting I have 2 kicks. Like torque pauses for 200-300ms, and than goes huge kick in the transmission (not from the wheels 100%)
So I'm curious did you guys have the same, or that's just my car having problems?

I tried to add torque reduction +10%, which helped for a bit, but not solved these bad kicks.
I had xHp on prev cars, or compared with friends, and nobody has that kicks even in drag mode. But don't have another m550i to compare.

p.s. I'm running 2019 m550i (tu3)
st1 bootmod
st3 xhp

best times for now is
3.16 0-100 km/h
7.21 100-200 km/h
10.99 1/4 mile
I'm running stage 3 on my 21. I've not had any issues whatsoever. Have you tried flashing stage 2 or stage 1 just to see how your car reacts?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2023, 04:39 PM   #176
choppedliver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwallker View Post
So I'm curious did you guys have the same, or that's just my car having
I have a 2020 and stage 2 and 3 give you that kick, is it slower or faster I don’t know, but I gather it’s normal from what I read. I only run stage 1 day to day as it’s too aggressive.
Appreciate 0