BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Idrive Navigation problem

04-06-2019, 06:17 PM   #1
thomed11
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M550ix, Porsche 993TT

Idrive Navigation problem

I searched the forums for this issue, but didn't find anything.

Today I did a "navigate home", and my navigation keeps restarting, over and over. It's almost like it has 2 different destinations in mind. And, the directions from office to home were inaccurate, so something's screwed up.

I tried cancelling nav then restarting, no joy. And, cancelling destination via the flag, "stop navigation", it keeps trying to "restart navigation."

Anyone have any ideas? I'm coded, so I hate to go back to the dealer.

Tom D
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 01:13 PM   #2
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomed11 View Post

Today I did a "navigate home", and my navigation keeps restarting, over and over. It's almost like it has 2 different destinations in mind. And, the directions from office to home were inaccurate, so something's screwed up.

I tried cancelling nav then restarting, no joy. And, cancelling destination via the flag, "stop navigation", it keeps trying to "restart navigation."

Tom D
Sorry, never experienced that problem in my NAV.

You may have to make that dreaded trip back to the dealer... That's what the warranty is for.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 11:00 AM   #3
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

I have also never had this happen.

FYI -- I find the easiest way to stop the nav is to push the microphone button on the steering wheel and say "stop navigation".
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 11:29 AM   #4
bpbaud
Private
Rep
Drives: 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomed11 View Post

Tom D
Have you ever used the bimmercode app to start navigation? If so, I think the default mode for that is to restart navigation automatically. You might want to check that.
Appreciate 0