11-09-2016, 07:11 PM   #507
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
My newest addition... HK P30 in 9mm. Added some night sights too. Breaking it in this week.
Have fun!

I like mine but hate the trigger. Thinking of selling or sending out for trigger work.
      11-09-2016, 09:24 PM   #508
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Have fun!

I like mine but hate the trigger. Thinking of selling or sending out for trigger work.
Just install a LEM trigger in it

Easy Peasy

Problem solved
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2016, 10:00 PM   #509
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
My newest addition... HK P30 in 9mm. Added some night sights too. Breaking it in this week.
I just got the VP9. I hope its good.

Also, for the people that live in california, prepare to surrender your high capacity magazines (LOL) and background checks when you buy ammo.
      11-09-2016, 10:12 PM   #510
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post

Also, for the people that live in california, prepare to surrender your high capacity magazines (LOL) and background checks when you buy ammo.
You'll be lucky to be able to own a muzzle loader in commiefornia soon
Appreciate 1
paliknight2186.50
      11-10-2016, 08:37 AM   #511
Patrick303
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh View Post
Just install a LEM trigger in it

Easy Peasy

Problem solved
Thanks for the tip. I just picked up a P30 last week as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 08:50 AM   #512
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick719 View Post
Thanks for the tip. I just picked up a P30 last week as well.
IIRC there are a couple things you need to do to install the LEM trigger in a P30

If you search the interwebz you'll find a bunch of discussions about it because there isnt a specific/factory LEM trigger made for the P30 so a couple of companies have put together trigger kits with appropriate H&K parts

The LEM is factory designed for the USP and HK lines within the H&K brand.....but its a really nice trigger.....I dont know anyone that DOESNT like the upgrade to it....comes with a couple different spring weights for the trigger.....I prefer the heavier one.....and there are ways to leave the safety installed as an option.....I prefer having the option....some dont...
Appreciate 2
zx10guy5139.00
      11-10-2016, 08:50 AM   #513
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post

This past weekend I finally got around to trying out the wife's VP9. Fed 205 rounds through it with no issues.

On your other point, at least you don't live or have to drive through DC. Those idiots actually have a law which says you have to "register" your ammo. I have a friend that got wrapped up in this stupid law. And if you're convicted under this stupid law, it's a felony.
Appreciate 1
paliknight2186.50
      11-10-2016, 08:56 AM   #514
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
This past weekend I finally got around to trying out the wife's VP9. Fed 205 rounds through it with no issues.

On your other point, at least you don't live or have to drive through DC. Those idiots actually have a law which says you have to "register" your ammo. I have a friend that got wrapped up in this stupid law. And if you're convicted under this stupid law, it's a felony.
Thankfully that unconstitutional DC stupidity is countered by the '86 FOPA which protects your right to PASS THROUGH unconstitutional zones like DC, Maryland and other snowflake zones so long as you make sure the firearm is in some sort of case (soft or hard) and that ammunition is separate from the firearm
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 08:59 AM   #515
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

That may change come spring. Several new gun plans in works I think including 50 state reciprocity for cpl.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 09:02 AM   #516
RJ_
Baby-faced Assassin
No_Country
Rep
Drives: when car isn't broke.

Quote:

Cali is going to be doing background checks just to purchase ammo now too.

In other news, S&W and Ruger stock prices are down 10%.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-trump-victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
That may change come spring. Several new gun plans in works I think including 50 state reciprocity for cpl.
https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Seco...ent_Rights.pdf
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 09:03 AM   #517
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
As much as I would like 50 state carry.....the fed gov mandating a solution isnt constitutional.....no more so than Heller and McDonald and only consolidate the regulation of a fundamental right under the federal gov which isnt supposed to be infringing on this right to begin with

Its a difficult problem
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 09:04 AM   #518
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thankfully that unconstitutional DC stupidity is countered by the '86 FOPA which protects your right to PASS THROUGH unconstitutional zones like DC, Maryland and other snowflake zones so long as you make sure the firearm is in some sort of case (soft or hard) and that ammunition is separate from the firearm
It didn't work for my friend. He was going into a Federal building for work. Went through security screening and the guard (maybe having a bad day) pulled him aside and asked to do a physical search through his bag. They found a loaded 9mm clip but he didn't have his hand gun in the bag. He forgot the clip was in there as he used that same bag earlier when he went to the range. The guard called DC Metro PD and they arrested him on the spot. He spent the night in jail and then had to endure months of preparing for the criminal trial because the prosecutors wouldn't drop the charges.

When the court day finally came, the judge immediately dropped the charges. Mind you, this should have been done before it even got that far. My friend has no felony record...not even a misdemeanor. Has a security clearance and used to be a Fed. Yeah, we have to make an example of such a menace to society. My friend also had to spend somewhere between $12-20k of his own money in legal fees with his attorney.

I told him he needs to get the NRA involved in this mess. But he's the type of guy that just wanted this to go away. Personally, I would have been consulting the NRA and suing the DC government.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 09:04 AM   #519
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

We will have to wait and see. Silencer regulations may be loosened. No carry zones on military bases repealed.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 09:25 AM   #520
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
It didn't work for my friend. He was going into a Federal building for work. Went through security screening and the guard (maybe having a bad day) pulled him aside and asked to do a physical search through his bag. They found a loaded 9mm clip but he didn't have his hand gun in the bag. He forgot the clip was in there as he used that same bag earlier when he went to the range. The guard called DC Metro PD and they arrested him on the spot. He spent the night in jail and then had to endure months of preparing for the criminal trial because the prosecutors wouldn't drop the charges.

When the court day finally came, the judge immediately dropped the charges. Mind you, this should have been done before it even got that far. My friend has no felony record...not even a misdemeanor. Has a security clearance and used to be a Fed. Yeah, we have to make an example of such a menace to society. My friend also had to spend somewhere between $12-20k of his own money in legal fees with his attorney.

I told him he needs to get the NRA involved in this mess. But he's the type of guy that just wanted this to go away. Personally, I would have been consulting the NRA and suing the DC government.
FOPA would not protect that as he was not "Passing through" DC

The problems in DC are somewhat unique because Congress is responsible ultimately for law making for DC....and in recent years they've largely abdicated their constitutional responsibilities

Hopefully that will change in the next few years

But I want to be clear

I want a solution but a fed gov solution to a problem largely created by the fed gov isnt a solution.....its like advocating that more alcohol is the cure for alcoholism
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 09:26 AM   #521
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
We will have to wait and see. Silencer regulations may be loosened. No carry zones on military bases repealed.
I'd like to start with repeal of GCA '34 AND '68

Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      11-10-2016, 09:41 AM   #522
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
FOPA would not protect that as he was not "Passing through" DC

The problems in DC are somewhat unique because Congress is responsible ultimately for law making for DC....and in recent years they've largely abdicated their constitutional responsibilities

Hopefully that will change in the next few years

But I want to be clear

I want a solution but a fed gov solution to a problem largely created by the fed gov isnt a solution.....its like advocating that more alcohol is the cure for alcoholism
Depending on how you look at it, he was sort of "passing" through DC. He was going into a Fed building but he doesn't work there. He works from home and travels to various Fed agencies to meet with people. So depending on how you look at it, he was "passing" through. Regardless, I agree with you about the uniqueness of DC. I think Congress needs to just clamp back down on the circus that is the DC government. Because it's been pretty clear relaxing the reigns has allowed all sorts of shenanigans to occur. I laugh every time I hear the cries for statehood. The idiots can't even manage their affairs now let alone have any hope of doing so with the full responsibility of being in charge of everything.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 09:49 AM   #523
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Depending on how you look at it, he was sort of "passing" through DC. He was going into a Fed building but he doesn't work there. He works from home and travels to various Fed agencies to meet with people. So depending on how you look at it, he was "passing" through. Regardless, I agree with you about the uniqueness of DC. I think Congress needs to just clamp back down on the circus that is the DC government. Because it's been pretty clear relaxing the reigns has allowed all sorts of shenanigans to occur. I laugh every time I hear the cries for statehood. The idiots can't even manage their affairs now let alone have any hope of doing so with the full responsibility of being in charge of everything.
Passsing through = not stopping for anything that doesnt support your intention to "pass through" to a destination where its legal for you to posess.

Stopping for fuel or a pee break is legit

Stopping to go shopping or perform business not pursuent to getting to your destination doesnt qualify

FOPA is very specific and been litigated a pile of times

Your friend unfortunately fell victim to a situation that we all fear

It sucks

Its expensive

Its a function of us failing to hold elected officials responsible for this stupidity

Hopefully we can make some progress in coming years to eliminate these bad laws that protect no one and only ruin the lives and reputation of peaceful people
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5139.00
      11-10-2016, 09:53 AM   #524
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Passsing through = not stopping for anything that doesnt support your intention to "pass through" to a destination where its legal for you to posess.

Stopping for fuel or a pee break is legit

Stopping to go shopping or perform business not pursuent to getting to your destination doesnt qualify

FOPA is very specific and been litigated a pile of times

Your friend unfortunately fell victim to a situation that we all fear

It sucks

Its expensive

Its a function of us failing to hold elected officials responsible for this stupidity

Hopefully we can make some progress in coming years to eliminate these bad laws that protect no one and only ruin the lives and reputation of peaceful people
FOPA seems to discuss transport of firearms and ammunition with requirements of how they are stored in your vehicle. How does this apply to my friend's situation when there was no firearm. Just ammunition?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 10:07 AM   #525
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
FOPA seems to discuss transport of firearms and ammunition with requirements of how they are stored in your vehicle. How does this apply to my friend's situation when there was no firearm. Just ammunition?
Nope

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20110125/no-surrender

I hate to use wikipedia but its not a terrible explanation of what the 86 FOPA does

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firear...e.22_provision
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 10:56 AM   #526
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 / M5

Can you relate?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      11-10-2016, 11:11 AM   #527
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Who is honey? Don't have to answer to anyone! Ha! Suckers!
Appreciate 1
jpnh1423.50
      11-10-2016, 02:41 PM   #528
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
Who is honey? Don't have to answer to anyone! Ha! Suckers!
If you do it right, you can add another income to your house and still not have to answer to anyone.