BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Remote Services - Not Working?

12-08-2019, 05:26 AM   #1
PGN2383
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G31 530d MSport Touring

Remote Services - Not Working?

I tried to do the headlight flash etc. from the Connected App and from the Wed Portal but it just times out with a message ("Headlight flash: Transfer failed."), apparently when transferring to the central server. It was the same yesterday evening. It's usually ok. Can somebody confirm whether it works for them (I'm in the UK)?
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 07:39 AM   #2
Dobie Dog
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F97 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGN2383 View Post
I tried to do the headlight flash etc. from the Connected App and from the Wed Portal but it just times out with a message ("Headlight flash: Transfer failed."), apparently when transferring to the central server. It was the same yesterday evening. It's usually ok. Can somebody confirm whether it works for them (I'm in the UK)?
Thanks.
It don't know if this is helpful for you but it works in the US.
      12-08-2019, 08:55 AM   #3
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobie Dog View Post
Quote:
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobie Dog View Post
Quote:
Thanks.
Same. No problems here either.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 04:45 AM   #4
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

Quote:
Thanks.
Tried it on the 1 month trial. Decided it was a waste of cash even if it was only £29. Basically it didn't work, also when I locked the doors the alarm is not enabled, I called BMW CS who said that was normal.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 08:53 AM   #5
StuW530e
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 545e M Sport

I'm in the u.k and mine is working fine. It's happened to me in the past, call the helpline and they reboot a few things their end and it was all sorted.
Good luck
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 11:58 AM   #6
PGN2383
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G31 530d MSport Touring

Yesterday I unlocked the car and put it in drive ready state. Switched off, tried remote services again - no joy.

Still not working today so I started the engine and left it running for a few minutes. Switched off, tried again - remote services all working fine!
Appreciate 0