BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing 530e jerky shifts at MaxEdrive

02-23-2024, 07:53 AM   #1
kyperslav
Rep
Drives: 530e

530e jerky shifts at MaxEdrive

Hi all,

I have got this issue on my 2018 530e with 37k km. When shifting from 1st to 2nd gear the car pulls forward and then back like a mismatch between rpms and gear, dont know how to explain this exactly. when im running petrol engine it switches gears really smooth ( i have done throttle reset ). i have been to mechanic and they said gearbox parameters are all good but they are some errors in battery management or smth like that ( i forgot to picture the codes ) .

i seen many threads on this topic reg 330e as well, has anyone got info? Maybe a software update or smth? going for my last free service in March, maybe will ask dealer to scan the car and if they are damaged batteries they should be replaced under phev battery warranty, but i really doubt that those jerks come cause of batteries ( cars is getting charged fine ).

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 09:22 AM   #2
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
I have something similar occasionally with my car since it came from the factory. It isn’t always the case, but happens randomly. BMW has said everything is fine and I haven’t been able to convince them to replace anything. Others on the forum have noted similar.

For me, it has gotten better on the latest software updates though. So if they can update you to the latest iStep maybe that will help.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 05:28 AM   #3
kyperslav
Rep

@LogicalApex, do you know what version you are running before and currently?

I this some kind of idrive update or related to engine/trans computers?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 03:06 PM   #4
capese21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 5 series Msport G30 530e

A low voltage auxiliary battery has been known to affect the switch between EV & ice.

Do a fault code scan & see if the 218219 Starter unit, charging controller for auxiliary battery: Aged auxiliary battery is showing.

Do you keep the HV battery charged as that also maintains the 12v batteries.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 03:19 AM   #5
kyperslav
Rep

@capese21 yea, i keep my HV charged, every day. Yeah i did scans and it was showing some errors reg some battery but i forgot what exactly it was and didnt take pictures of those. my car was shipped from Japan to EU which took 2 months approx, could be that the battery became bad? although i do not face any issues with charging or whatever related to starting the car. but my problem is not when i switch from ICE to HV or vice versa, only at maxedrive mode, jerks in 1-2 gears.
Appreciate 0