BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Dodge Boss: "Hellcats Dead After 2023, EV Muscle Cars Coming in 2024"

01-17-2022, 07:18 AM   #89
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, R56 Camden, G37x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Well, just research some things. There are long-time theories about the Earth's crust converting trapped carbon into oil in short time spans. Just don't believe one side of it.

Oh no, in 2020, gas was actually less per gallon than in 1978... (and that includes three gas tax increases totaling 14.3 cents since 1983)

Right. Save the planet. It sucks when reality doesn't fit the narrative.

LOL
Sure, adjusted for inflation...lol! Yeah inflation was no worse then than now at ~7%. Probably has something to do with the prior admin huh? So currently people will have us believe the inflation sky is falling right now, will you?

Included are come charts for your reality analysis comparison of 1977 to 2022...Shall we compare earnings too?

I do not subscribe to believing hot topics such as global cooling. My BS detector was factory installed and it has been tested by Q (and wow...wtfe) as well as a lot of other BS and not believing that malarkey but believing science thank you.

I know saving is not a common practice, to each his own. I'm not going to get into an argument here. I have battled others with data on this subject and it's not hard. I can cover this thread so long with data you will forget what's its about.

In case you haven't heard, you can prove anything with statistics including what makes your argument and excluding want doesn't. I will defeat you and others on the niche argument you have carved out here. I don't have the will to anymore...futile and stupid.

Save the planet, it's not like there is Earth 2.0 like Elon (weird MF) will have you believe.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Fuel prices by year all grades.pdf (43.0 KB, 230 views)
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 07:45 AM   #90
Higgs Boson
In the Details
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2020 AMG GTR  [0.00]
2022 R8 Quattro Spyder  [0.00]
2023 X5M50  [0.00]
2023 718 Spyder  [0.00]
2024 Silverado  [0.00]
2024 Civic Type R  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
Don't worry, it is US$8 per gallon here and our roads are so poor that on a road I've personally averaged 101kmh on without going above 110kmh on they want to drop it to 80kmh because we can't maintain the road any more.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/hawkes-ba...RHGBEZULXSTF4/

But don't worry, we can do this stupid shit instead of improving roads.

https://www.odt.co.nz/news/national/...mmed-shambolic

It can always get worse....
Sounds like government mismanagement to me. Is it because they are breathing too much carbon dioxide?
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh16946.00
      01-17-2022, 07:49 AM   #91
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMstein View Post
Sure, adjusted for inflation...lol! Yeah inflation was no worse then than now at ~7%. Probably has something to do with the prior admin huh? So currently people will have us believe the inflation sky is falling right now, will you?

Included are come charts for your reality analysis comparison of 1977 to 2022...Shall we compare earnings too?

I do not subscribe to believing hot topics such as global cooling. My BS detector was factory installed and it has been tested by Q (and wow...wtfe) as well as a lot of other BS and not believing that malarkey but believing science thank you.

I know saving is not a common practice, to each his own. I'm not going to get into an argument here. I have battled others with data on this subject and it's not hard. I can cover this thread so long with data you will forget what's its about.

In case you haven't heard, you can prove anything with statistics including what makes your argument and excluding want doesn't. I will defeat you and others on the niche argument you have carved out here. I don't have the will to anymore...futile and stupid.

Save the planet, it's not like there is Earth 2.0 like Elon (weird MF) will have you believe.
Okay, so this is not an internet thesis paper exercise; you can cool your jets about flooding the thread with data so much that "I'll forget what it is about" - LOL. My discussion is not about inflation, nor about the cost of gas vs. income; it is about market economic theory. So, you went off on a tangent that is immaterial to the discussion. The discussion is the BS about carbon fuels being a finite commodity. So, try to reengage.

What my topic is about is the theoretical scarcity of gasoline (and diesel) that has been the meme of environmental politics since the 1970's, where we are going to "run out of fossil fuels because they are a finite resource". My purpose for using the price of gasoline in constant dollars is to point out that for 50 years since the finite-resource meme has been thrown at society and the pending doom of no carbon-based fuels will be left for us to use, the price of gasoline DOES NOT REFLECT that the sources of carbon fuels are scarce. Gasoline prices have remained constant, even have lowered, since the big scare of the 1970's and the pending doom of no fuel.

The 1970's predictions of scarce fuel supplies was that carbon fuels may be non-existent by the mid-1980's to mid-1990's and certainly by 2020, as remember being warned in my childhood years. It just didn't pan out. Gas costs just the same now as in 1980. If "fossil" fuels are supposedly so scarce, gasoline would be 5 times the price it was in 1980 by the year 2022. The data show that it is not.

And if you truly believe science, then you would understand the Earth's climate cycles due to numerous factors such as plate tectonics to the stabilization of the planet's rotation and orbit. Crude oil doesn't come from dinosaurs...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 01-17-2022 at 08:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 07:54 AM   #92
Higgs Boson
In the Details
Rep

Garage List
2020 AMG GTR  [0.00]
2023 X5M50  [0.00]
2023 718 Spyder  [0.00]
2024 Silverado  [0.00]
gas was $1 in 1992 and is $3.50 in 2022 (average so don't say anything about Commiefornia prices lol)

inflation from 92 to 02 would have put gas at $2 so gas has outpaced inflation. but, how much of that is due to taxes or other government intervention or higher profit margins rather than just the pure cost of gas being higher? it's not so cut and dry to use this as a comparison, imo.

this is probably a better chart if you want to compare gas to inflation even though it's a little old you get the idea.

The only other thing I wonder I guess is if the planet will save itself. From a capitalist viewpoint, something will always fill the void, so will the planet grow bigger trees (for example) because carbon dioxide levels raise in order to maintain homeostasis? Or will mother earth just let herself implode? I am sure the science isn't being done in a vacuum but humans, in fact all life, has survived the heating and cooling of the earth many many times. I'd be more worried about getting drilled by a big space rock, lol. If it weren't for those, we wouldn't even be here.

Last edited by Higgs Boson; 01-17-2022 at 08:01 AM..
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh16946.00
      01-17-2022, 09:21 AM   #93
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
gas was $1 in 1992 and is $3.50 in 2022 (average so don't say anything about Commiefornia prices lol)

inflation from 92 to 02 would have put gas at $2 so gas has outpaced inflation. but, how much of that is due to taxes or other government intervention or higher profit margins rather than just the pure cost of gas being higher? it's not so cut and dry to use this as a comparison, imo.

this is probably a better chart if you want to compare gas to inflation even though it's a little old you get the idea.

The only other thing I wonder I guess is if the planet will save itself. From a capitalist viewpoint, something will always fill the void, so will the planet grow bigger trees (for example) because carbon dioxide levels raise in order to maintain homeostasis? Or will mother earth just let herself implode? I am sure the science isn't being done in a vacuum but humans, in fact all life, has survived the heating and cooling of the earth many many times. I'd be more worried about getting drilled by a big space rock, lol. If it weren't for those, we wouldn't even be here.
In this data-rich thread... your graph shows exactly what I said.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 02:03 PM   #94
Higgs Boson
In the Details
Rep

Garage List
2020 AMG GTR  [0.00]
2023 X5M50  [0.00]
2023 718 Spyder  [0.00]
2024 Silverado  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
In this data-rich thread... your graph shows exactly what I said.
I agree, nor am I picking sides, but to be fair, you did pick the spike year to compare against, lol. Verrrry clever.
Appreciate 3
chris7197273.00
540iSUP703.00
      01-17-2022, 08:24 PM   #95
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
I agree, nor am I picking sides, but to be fair, you did pick the spike year to compare against, lol. Verrrry clever.
I wasn't picking a "spike year" on purpose; I picked it because I started driving in 1978, and I had not even looked at the data when I made that statement. Regardless, even your graphical data shows what my point is, that on average, gasoline pricing has stayed constant over 40+ years (even trending down from '32 to 2000), where one would expect it to trend up based on scarcity of the finite resource. And add on top the miles driven per year has drastically increased along with 14.3 cents of tax increase.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 08:35 PM   #96
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
I look foward to seeing what this monster EV hellcat can do!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 11:20 PM   #97
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachBmmr View Post
Fukushima and industrial petrochemical farming is going to destroy our planet, starting with the ecosystem and food chain long before fossil fuel burning.. come on, get with the right man made apocalypse
Fukushima, really? Did you take Physics 101? Maybe this is sarcasm?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 11:23 PM   #98
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
Torque is where it's at!! I want as much torque at the lowest RPM possible. So much fun!!!!!
Sounds like you want an EV.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00
      01-20-2022, 07:53 AM   #99
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Quote:
Torque is where it's at!! I want as much torque at the lowest RPM possible. So much fun!!!!!
Sounds like you want an EV.
Nah. Not yet. I love the sound and that sweet smell of E-85 burning. Plus, I have a vehicle that can hang with the Tesla's. As of now😵*💫
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 09:47 PM   #100
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
So the Hellcat appeals to my inner teenager. I was 16 in 1977 when muscle cars and cruising were the thing to do. I had a 69 Firebird with some mods that a 16 year old could do and afford. Friends drove big block Chevelle's, Vettes, Cougars, 57 Chevy's, Road Runners etc.

How do you like the Hellcat and what are your feelings about the evolution?
The evolution is being shoved down our throats by the government and bigwigs that want more millions. I do not like it.

Love the Hellcat. I daily it. The only daily driver car I'd trade it for is the CT5 V Blackwing, but not at their current price tag.
Appreciate 3
Cos270608.50
Efthreeoh16946.00
jesm203.00
      01-21-2022, 03:24 PM   #101
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, R56 Camden, G37x

Quote:
Fukushima and industrial petrochemical farming is going to destroy our planet, starting with the ecosystem and food chain long before fossil fuel burning.. come on, get with the right man made apocalypse
Around 2003/4 the US decided to buy up all the worlds depleted weapons grade uranium and plutonium (spent Nuclear Fuel, SNF) and reprocess it and pelletize it into power generation grade. I worked on the (Mixed OXide) MOX box program for Savannah River. My design was approved however it was shutdown. The US bought the plans for the MOX from the French.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOX_fuel

I also worked on centering Boronated Carbide (B4C) the buffer rod in a reactor that are in SNF dry storage containers in a few states where reactors are. B4C is only made in a few places and can only have a ppm of 0 for a reason.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_cask_storage

I also worked on the Stellarator project.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellarator

There is so much the general population doesn't even know about that goes on in the government and elsewhere. Alot of nerdy reading, but I had to create a lot of it. Many people are trying to find ways to dispose of the past decisions and find new alternatives that are clean and non-impactful to the environment. I am in favor of preserving the environment in more ways than one. Some don't give a shit about it and it's evident here.

Save the planet
Appreciate 4
AlexFL7833.00
chris7197273.00
540iSUP703.00
      01-23-2022, 07:03 AM   #102
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nah. Not yet. I love the sound and that sweet smell of E-85 burning. Plus, I have a vehicle that can hang with the Tesla's. As of now😵*💫
Isn't the R36 going to be EV?

I don't think nissan is even going to play with the idea of a hybrid GTR. Everyone is transitioning and the great thing about what's going on, even though a lot are opposed to it, is that all the cars we love and know of today, will be insanely fast EV's.

Trust me you guys want this. Especially if you're not a fan of tesla. Because they are running away with this technology and everyone is sitting on the sidelines.

So i would hope you're rooting for your favorite car to become EV, it's the only way to compete in the future.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00
      01-23-2022, 08:06 AM   #103
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Quote:
Isn't the R36 going to be EV?

I don't think nissan is even going to play with the idea of a hybrid GTR. Everyone is transitioning and the great thing about what's going on, even though a lot are opposed to it, is that all the cars we love and know of today, will be insanely fast EV's.

Trust me you guys want this. Especially if you're not a fan of tesla. Because they are running away with this technology and everyone is sitting on the sidelines.

So i would hope you're rooting for your favorite car to become EV, it's the only way to compete in the future.
Well, like you I'm trying to get a Z06. I'm in no rush for an EV. I have nothing against them. Someday I will grab one. Not sure about the R-36. Honestly, I would rather get an R-34 and build it to my liking. That is still a bit away. But if I get one at the end of 22, that will give me a year to build it up. I'm a fan of having something on the road that most don't!! Who knows what will happen.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 06:53 PM   #104
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well, like you I'm trying to get a Z06. I'm in no rush for an EV. I have nothing against them. Someday I will grab one. Not sure about the R-36. Honestly, I would rather get an R-34 and build it to my liking. That is still a bit away. But if I get one at the end of 22, that will give me a year to build it up. I'm a fan of having something on the road that most don't!! Who knows what will happen.
The C8Z isn't the only car i'll own. I always had multiple cars. I like variety.

I think an EV, for me at least, would be something good to own now, at least to daily. Something simple, very quick to get around traffic, merging on the highway, passing people etc. That's why i want one.

It's crazy to think that how valuable, rare and desirable a corvette will be now. Back then people said they were everywhere. And if you talk about numbers, they are everywhere. The only thing is, owners don't take them out often. So technically they are rare lol.

I say out of almost 2 decades of owning corvettes. Besides going to car meets to see other corvettes, i might have saw a total of 30 or so roaming the streets.

That's 30 times in about 20 years.

Seems rare to me LOL
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 02:37 PM   #105
PfizerP
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 Sdrive40i

Quote:
No offense taken, but you are making several wrong assumptions.

1. I am born and raised in america, red blooded meat eating, gun toting american.
2. Just cause I see this doesnt mean I like it.
3. EVs are not environmentally friendly. Slave labor mined rare earth elements, fossil fueled electric generation
4. I dont believe in global warming, its a scam to control industrial output and drive down all labor costs to the lowest common denometer.

I am petrochemical addict, and would not voluntarily submit to this, however consider the impact of spark plugs becoming regulated, or priced out of reach, or some other very elemental part of an ICE becoming unobtainable. Thats how this will be implemented.. Global _Fill_in_the_blank shortage/rationing special approval needed...
I get all of your other points but how can you not believe in global warming? Its been scientifically proven over and over. Its not a scam.
Appreciate 2
H2O_Doc511.50
Donatello.1015.50
      06-29-2022, 03:23 PM   #106
H2O_Doc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C, GLB-250, C7 Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfizerP View Post
Quote:
No offense taken, but you are making several wrong assumptions.

1. I am born and raised in america, red blooded meat eating, gun toting american.
2. Just cause I see this doesnt mean I like it.
3. EVs are not environmentally friendly. Slave labor mined rare earth elements, fossil fueled electric generation
4. I dont believe in global warming, its a scam to control industrial output and drive down all labor costs to the lowest common denometer.

I am petrochemical addict, and would not voluntarily submit to this, however consider the impact of spark plugs becoming regulated, or priced out of reach, or some other very elemental part of an ICE becoming unobtainable. Thats how this will be implemented.. Global _Fill_in_the_blank shortage/rationing special approval needed...
I get all of your other points but how can you not believe in global warming? Its been scientifically proven over and over. Its not a scam.
Agreed. It's something that was predicted over a century ago based on really basic and demonstrable physics.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 11:30 AM   #107
x3sm
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 E93 Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMstein View Post
Around 2003/4 the US decided to buy up all the worlds depleted weapons grade uranium and plutonium (spent Nuclear Fuel, SNF) and reprocess it and pelletize it into power generation grade. I worked on the (Mixed OXide) MOX box program for Savannah River. My design was approved however it was shutdown. The US bought the plans for the MOX from the French.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOX_fuel

I also worked on centering Boronated Carbide (B4C) the buffer rod in a reactor that are in SNF dry storage containers in a few states where reactors are. B4C is only made in a few places and can only have a ppm of 0 for a reason.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_cask_storage

I also worked on the Stellarator project.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellarator

There is so much the general population doesn't even know about that goes on in the government and elsewhere. Alot of nerdy reading, but I had to create a lot of it. Many people are trying to find ways to dispose of the past decisions and find new alternatives that are clean and non-impactful to the environment. I am in favor of preserving the environment in more ways than one. Some don't give a shit about it and it's evident here.

Save the planet
What do you mean? Can you expand on that?

Also, I'm guessing they shut it down because Nuclear Plants are not going to be a thing anymore?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 11:42 AM   #108
x3sm
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 E93 Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O_Doc View Post
Agreed. It's something that was predicted over a century ago based on really basic and demonstrable physics.
Not that I'm denying global warming, but plant warming up is one thing, global warming due to human contribution is whole different thing. What I'm saying is it's not just about Physics, if Physics proves it, then it mainly seems like a natural earth cycle, where earth heats up and cools down. Global warming due to human lifestyle is a different thing. Here in the US we consume, consume and consume, we don't fix things, we throw away and go buy new because we can afford it. Seems funny to me that we are fighting global warming with EVs instead of maybe changing our lifestyles? I'm not sure I'm ready to change though...
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      06-30-2022, 06:42 PM   #109
H2O_Doc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C, GLB-250, C7 Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3sm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O_Doc View Post
Not that I'm denying global warming, but plant warming up is one thing, global warming due to human contribution is whole different thing. What I'm saying is it's not just about Physics, if Physics proves it, then it mainly seems like a natural earth cycle, where earth heats up and cools down. Global warming due to human lifestyle is a different thing. Here in the US we consume, consume and consume, we don't fix things, we throw away and go buy new because we can afford it. Seems funny to me that we are fighting global warming with EVs instead of maybe changing our lifestyles? I'm not sure I'm ready to change though...
I think you're certainly correct that this is significantly about human behavior and that there is more to address (much more) than the internal combustion engine.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 10:09 PM   #110
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3sm View Post
Not that I'm denying global warming, but plant warming up is one thing, global warming due to human contribution is whole different thing. What I'm saying is it's not just about Physics, if Physics proves it, then it mainly seems like a natural earth cycle, where earth heats up and cools down.
There is a very important distinction between the current rise in temperature and the long-term cycles.