BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing DIESEL: How can I empty the DEF (ADBLUE) TANK

05-15-2022, 11:21 PM   #1
bludblu
CAR SOLD Aug. 2022
Rep
Drives: 540d

DIESEL: How can I empty the DEF (ADBLUE) TANK

Hi Guys
I am looking for any help on how to empty the DEF ADBLUE tank on my G30 diesel.

Understanding that DEF should be changed every 2 years or so if a car is barely used (based on the DEF ADBLUE SHELF LIFE which is around 2 years in a tank), I am wondering if anyone knows how to empty the tank on a G30 or G31 ?
I tried using a tube inserted into the DEF tank by the filler neck using a suction pump but unfortunately the tube could not reach the bottom of the tank. I thought I could empty it like they do on Mercedes Benz, but it did not work.
I just want to remove the old ADBLUE and replace with new one. All this is because I don't drive the car as much as expected and want to avoid any check engine light on bad quality of ADBLUE.
Suggestions will be appreciated from anyone who ever done it on a G30 540d. Actually driving only 2000 miles per year.
Thanks
Appreciate 0