BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion What MB drivers really think of BMW...

06-05-2008, 01:14 PM   #23
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko335i View Post
wow is he that pissed he bought a benz.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 03:15 PM   #24
RBP
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i Convertible M sport

Real car enthusiasts can appreciate both brands.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 03:17 PM   #25
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBP View Post
but I hate the fact that people with S's look down on others.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 07:19 PM   #26
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

You guys have got to read up on the thread. I mean it's Fan Boy galore.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 07:38 PM   #27
bmwprince4life
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

THATS gay hes a dumb@ss fo sho all the way
      06-05-2008, 07:39 PM   #28
bmwprince4life
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

S's are shit
all with problems
look sooo ugly
it looks like a chrysler IMO
      06-05-2008, 08:13 PM   #29
Sam12345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: jet black 335i coupe

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Mercedes=luxury + looks
BMW=Sportcar+luxury+looks+class+style+awesomeness
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 08:13 PM   #30
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBP View Post

That's very true. My family has been around MB and BMW for a while and I appreciate both brands. BMW - performance, MB - comfort, all depends on your personal preference. My sister drove ML430 and now is driving X3, and she said that she liked MB better. I personally care for MB interiors more.

BTW I would take a current S-Class over 7-series bimmer any day, those cars are so badass.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 08:32 PM   #31
iwugolf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 6MT

I dont see why everyone thinks the S class is so great, maybe the interior is nice but the exterior... Those fender flares are hideous. I think they took them off a focus rally car.
      06-05-2008, 09:37 PM   #32
Solonng
Captain
Rep
Drives: Monacco Blue 335i coupe

Given the fact that there are a lot of opinions going on here about the 335i, I would like to give my two cents on my 335i coupe and my clk 320 convertible. After having the car for two weeks, I honestly am in love with the BMW for its awesome engine. The car is the beast and I love everything about it from its sound to the super crazy torque. This is a drivers car and it is purely for fun driving. In fact, my ego gets stroked quite a bit knowing that I can tame such a beast as the 335i. Lol. Its definately feels that way and i always feel like the prized beast when driving around town. I'm always on the look for cops and knowing that if I get tagged, I'm dead. I love this car dearly for pure fun. Oh god, the torque feels like a roller coaster ride. I love it! One thing that I don't like is that BMW charges you for every single options including leather which I did not get. I do not regret it at all since I truly enjoy the leatherette. But its funny to see a car with 9 years ahead of my Benz lacking such features and more. (Pls see below). Of course this is my first BMW so please correct me if you feel other wise.

Now heres the part for the Benz:

For a 9 year old car, my clk 320 is not bad at all. If anything, it was beyond its years when it was built in 1999. The design is definately ageless and I personally think that it looks better than the new clk class. It has vented seats, heated seats, headlight washers, dual climate control, and awesome leather seats. I think that this car was a transition car between a bullet proof Benz and an annoying low quality Benz since I haven't had any serious problems but some small annoying stuff. I'm a firm believer in changing your oil every 4k and do tune ups every 30k or so. One problem that did took place was my leaking convertible top, other than that its cool. The quality inside the Benz if anything is better than the BMW, more old school and feels like a country club. Where as the BMW feels more contemporary, sporty and it has a jazzy feel to it. As far as the engine goes, I think that the smoothness in a Benz cannot be duplicated any where. When I drive it, it feels like you're floating around town in a bubble wrap blanket. It corners well but nothing like the BMW. I can't describe it well but hopefully you guys know what I mean.

So in conclusion, the BMW is a drivers car and it is worth every penny for that engine while the BENZ is the best value for the money if you just want a luxury car.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 10:51 PM   #33
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

[Update]:

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showpo...5&postcount=19

I wrote: That's the thing, it's not correct. Go tell that to every car magazine out there and watch them laugh at you.

Reply:

Quote:
Well we should all be laughing back at car magazines... thats the very last place to go for an objective overview of any BMW - so in the tank are most journalists to BMW's marketing machine and that subset of a cars functional qualities that are deemed to make the car a "drivers machine" to the exclusion of other qualities that might actually be more important in real world conditions.

I really have to credit BMW with an extraordinary power to turn the average auto-journalists brain into hero worshiping mush... They have trained them well... No other marque gets such a pass... The most egregious recent example being the mountains of star struck fluff written about the E60 M5 despite its woeful (sub 200 mile) range, thirst, miserable torque, awkward SMG, wildly over complex controls, cheap plastic interior... Oh yes its great on the track and the "twisties".. which is hardly where 99% of us spend most of our time behind the wheel...

(I do like BMW's BTW!)

Chris
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 02:06 AM   #34
Negotiator
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 07 GTI

It's obvious M5 is designed for long cruising trips...
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 08:39 AM   #35
6MTFTMFW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F30 340i 6MT

Garage List
2019 BMW 440i  [0.00]
2018 BMW 340i  [0.00]
I like the current S-class much better than a current 7-series. It's a gorgeous car.

But the guy is a moron fanboy and needs to broaden his horizons.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #36
slipknot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: omega 2.5

You cannot compare current 7er with current S class...S class and MB is always a couple of years ahead and it is a newer model ,but with the new 7er and new models coming things will be chaniging I hope..MB was always pure luxury and saftey , its a straigh line car , autobahn cruser , top quality , image , tradition and it has a star on the hub....simply 'big' nice looking car
(by the way the other day I saw S550 4matic standing near my house with NY plates , it was alpine white with panorama roof , by looking at it I though my God what a piece of machinery I also think it was an L version , never saw a better looking car in a while , not even AMG nor Brabus cant compare with this one it looked huge and so good)
...nuff said

what I think in general is that BMW drivers and owners (most of them) dream of having MB one day...true right?...cruise the forum ull find these words , I dream of having SL AMG CL....and I own M3 or 330i or 645i...nevermind , bmw is a drivers car , super handling , uncofortable (some), high rev engines , low torque , big power , angel eyes , mean look - bad boy IMAGE...and thats what it is , younger people drive bmw , while older do MB.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 12:32 PM   #37
billspreston
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzporter View Post
I like Hugo Boss...
Yeah WTF I have a Hugo Boss suit and love that thing lol. I must have the essence of a true BMW owner
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 12:49 PM   #38
holson
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Enterprise Rent-A-Car

I had an '01 CLK55 before the 335i cp and the new CL-Coupe is up there on my list of dream cars. I like the higher end Benzes more than BMWs.

Two things I miss the most from the CLK55:

Passenger seat / ride as a passenger - it is THAT MUCH more comfortable to be driven around in the CLK55 than it is in the 335i Cp. The seats are more substantial, the leather was nicer, the ride is nicer - the Benz is really more of a comfy luxury car

That being said - overall I enjoy the 335i more than the CLK55.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 12:50 PM   #39
Solonng
Captain
Rep
Drives: Monacco Blue 335i coupe

i still have my old clk 320..loves it still.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 12:52 PM   #40
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by holson View Post
I had an '01 CLK55 before the 335i cp and the new CL-Coupe is up there on my list of dream cars. I like the higher end Benzes more than BMWs.

Two things I miss the most from the CLK55:

Passenger seat / ride as a passenger - it is THAT MUCH more comfortable to be driven around in the CLK55 than it is in the 335i Cp. The seats are more substantial, the leather was nicer, the ride is nicer - the Benz is really more of a comfy luxury car

That being said - overall I enjoy the 335i more than the CLK55.
Agree with your points, but shouldn't you be comparing the CLK55 to the M3 Coupe and not to the 335! That's kind of apples to oranges.
      06-06-2008, 01:13 PM   #41
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
I don't drive a MB because I don't dress like a Metrosexual.

Both cars are great on their own merits. I hate it when imbeciles have to justify their purchases that they might be unhappy about.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 01:33 PM   #42
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
I don't drive a MB because I don't dress like a Metrosexual.

Both cars are great on their own merits. I hate it when imbeciles have to justify their purchases that they might be unhappy about.
actually more BMW owners dress like "metrosexuals".

MB drivers dont hate us (only a few do), but actually have respect for us. My best freind's dad is a huge Merc man, and the first time I went to her house, he was like "is that you bmw outside", i was like yea, he took me into his garage and said these are proper cars.
      06-06-2008, 02:11 PM   #43
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

I'll take a shit on their chests

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 02:41 PM   #44
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam12345 View Post
Mercedes=luxury + looks
BMW=Sportcar+luxury+looks+class+style+awesomeness
Minus looks for Mercedes, yeah.