BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Protool - A mobile ESYS and The best BMW coding and diagnostics app available

06-16-2023, 02:43 PM   #23
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimoon View Post
can i add SLI? , i have entrynav2 without navi so only with kafas. I have 5AT, 5AC
That's a question for those familiar with G series coding and maybe the protool team.
      06-17-2023, 08:32 PM   #24
Raslin777
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i Xdrive

Just wanted to say that while I appreciated bimmercode and it's great for simple coding, it definitely lacks in what programming is available in more complex coding,.This includes expert mode in bimmercode. When I switched to protools everything was available to code. Bimmercode is flashy and simplified but protools gives you the freedom to code a lot more options and ultimately a better product if your objective is to have unrestricted access to coding. Hands down a amazing product that I'm grateful to have available as a product. I am in way endorsed by the product. Only speaking from my experience, for me a must have on a G30.
Appreciate 1
F87source7307.50
      06-17-2023, 09:31 PM   #25
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raslin777 View Post
Just wanted to say that while I appreciated bimmercode and it's great for simple coding, it definitely lacks in what programming is available in more complex coding,.This includes expert mode in bimmercode. When I switched to protools everything was available to code. Bimmercode is flashy and simplified but protools gives you the freedom to code a lot more options and ultimately a better product if your objective is to have unrestricted access to coding. Hands down a amazing product that I'm grateful to have available as a product. I am in way endorsed by the product. Only speaking from my experience, for me a must have on a G30.
Yup I feel the same, bimmercode is just way too limited in what it can do.
      06-19-2023, 05:12 PM   #26
overcooked
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 540i, 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WretchedRefuse View Post
overcooked That's interesting, thanks for posting. I'm glad to see that worked. I've been tempted to try that myself, except that I've coded lots of other things to the BDC that I'd have to redo. Did you consider also removing 8TR? I'm not sure exactly what that removes though.
I don't have 8TR in my car as I have auto lane change assist.
You can simply try it out, I bet it would just work. It might change your car's color in ID7 if you let it recode HU, but it's very easy to change it back.
Appreciate 0