BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Tesla P100D

10-07-2016, 08:26 PM   #221
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I didn't make that comment specifically aimed at you it was just a general blurb I wanted to make, that's all.
Understood. I was replying in general. Just because a person is not for something doesn't me he is against the opposite of it...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2016, 11:14 PM   #222
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
The leather is bad, the seats are paper thin
What does this even mean?
      10-07-2016, 11:16 PM   #223
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post

The problem is a bunch of scientists and politicians (who fund the scientists)
I'm in the government and I've not been approached about this giant conspiracy. How do I get in on it?
      10-08-2016, 05:46 AM   #224
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
I'm in the government and I've not been approached about this giant conspiracy. How do I get in on it?
Ask.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2016, 10:10 AM   #225
AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tesla Model X P90DL

Garage List
Quote:
The Model X, in my opinion, hasn't improved in that regard. The interior is just as bad as that in the Model S. The Model X, unlike the S, is quite the ugly vehicle so there's not much going for it. People are still flocking to them for some reason. It is boring, I suppose, having to pick among the X5, soulless Q7, ugly GLE, cramped Cayenne, and RR Sport all the time for people. The Model X, while an inferior vehicle in most regards, has the "unique" factor. In a society that values flash over substance that matters, a lot.
Not sure i get your point
Model X is superior in pretty much every regard to the list above
It may not be as good at heavy-duty off-roading as RR, but everything else seems better for every-day use
Before i start listing simple comparison facts, please elaborate as to why you believe its inferior?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2016, 03:00 PM   #226
zer0cool
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

Model X's interior is much better than that of Model S. Anyone who says that's not true hasn't sat in a Model X...

Model X interior is MUCH better than X5, except maybe X5M. GLE's interior is like 10 years old and incomparable.

I agree that Model X is too expensive and has lots of issues (e.g. I probably wouldn't get one if I were in the market for a SUV), but interior is definitely not one of them.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 10:49 PM   #227
krispykreme
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

I will throw my 0.02 worth.

1. Charging will be come much more faster in the future. I would say in about 2 years out, 80% charge can literally went down to 10 min or less.

2. Tesla is overweight and does not package well. Wasted too much interior space for its huge exterior. Someone soon will kill Tesla on this front.

3. Musk ego will cause problem for Tesla. The current autopilot was based on old Mobileeye technology which was never designed to be highway auto pilot. Musk insisted doing his own way. I understand the need to push the envelope, but when you lack the 10 years that google has been working on this and rush to market. You have problem.

4. The fit and finish is still shit even after 4 years. My company just took delivery of P100D. The hood, body, and lift gate don't align. The interior trim don't align. Nothing has been done to fix its poor assembly.

So if Apple does eventually finishes house cleaning and build a car. It will beat Tesla.
      10-29-2016, 11:14 PM   #228
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Model X showing up in Alaska now. Not bad for a cross-over.
      11-19-2016, 05:22 PM   #229
AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tesla Model X P90DL

Garage List
P100D is getting OTA update to unlock even more potential
Should be interesting to see new numbers
It may require wearing neck brace to handle even crazier G-force

Would be nice to see new track evaluations on these new bad boys
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2016, 06:36 PM   #230
flyinb501
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Deniers? Is this like a cult to you people? All you have to do is google no warming for 20+ years, and there is link after link and graph after graph showing no statistically significant warming in the past 20 years. The trend is flat, which is the exact opposite of all the doom and gloom predictions from our precious, know it all scientists so many of you seem to bow at the altar for.

Exactly. The global warming fanaticism is like a religion. If you disagree with them they call you a "denier", trying to discredit you without having to actually argue the points. Similar to how they call Republicans and conservatives racist and sexist in an attempt to silence them and end the argument when there is nothing to base these accusations off of.

I think it's a little too coincidental that all of the proposed solutions to global warming have been part of the Democratic platform since long before global warming. It's just another strategy to redistribute wealth, and grow the size and power of govt.

With that said I think the Teslas are intriguing and would like to take one for a spin. Not the way I would choose to spend my money though.
Appreciate 1
NickyC17338.50
      12-03-2016, 07:44 PM   #231
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

i drive an electric smart car. every once in a while when talking about the car, someone mentions the car isn't actually very "green" because of the waste associated with manufacturing/disposing of the batteries. i have to let them know that i'm only driving it because its cheap as hell, and i'm mostly interested in the "green" in my wallet. shuts down that debate fast. lol
      12-04-2016, 08:01 AM   #232
flyinb501
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
i drive an electric smart car. every once in a while when talking about the car, someone mentions the car isn't actually very "green" because of the waste associated with manufacturing/disposing of the batteries. i have to let them know that i'm only driving it because its cheap as hell, and i'm mostly interested in the "green" in my wallet. shuts down that debate fast. lol
That's how it should be. We should be utilizing this technology because it is more efficient and saves us money in addition to helping the environment, however most of the green initiatives cost us money...

Last edited by flyinb501; 12-04-2016 at 08:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2016, 08:11 AM   #233
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinb501 View Post
Exactly. The global warming fanaticism is like a religion. If you disagree with them they call you a "denier", trying to discredit you without having to actually argue the points.

I think it's a little too coincidental that all of the proposed solutions to global warming have been part of the Democratic platform since long before global warming. It's just another strategy to redistribute wealth, and grow the size and power of govt.
Hey, I'm in the government. How can I get in on this conspiracy? What about chemtrails, 911 and the moon landing?
      12-04-2016, 08:57 AM   #234
flyinb501
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Hey, I'm in the government. How can I get in on this conspiracy? What about chemtrails, 911 and the moon landing?
Are you a congressman, senator, governor? I don't believe everyone thinks it's a conspiracy,and I'm not sure conspiracy is the word I would use. I believe most people believe it is for the greater good.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 09:25 AM   #235
BeamerLemur
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

I have all the time in the world for Tesla. The cars are beautiful, efficient and are effectively saving the world. Not only that but they're some of the most modern cars in production at the moment. Just think about the self-driving function that most of them are being built with.
Appreciate 0