BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications 0-60 in 2.91 seconds | 1/4 in 10.98seconds

04-01-2020, 06:02 AM   #1
fan51
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

0-60 in 2.91 seconds | 1/4 in 10.98seconds

Thank you RK tunes.

Only performance mods are tune, catless dp with straight pipes
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00
      04-01-2020, 03:31 PM   #2
modthispny
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 540i M sport

wow, this is awesome! nice post. RK tunes doing a good job with our cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 08:54 PM   #3
obhitn3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Awesome. What model?
      04-02-2020, 02:33 AM   #4
SXY550
Canada
Rep
Drives: M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan51 View Post
Thank you RK tunes.

Congrats man. I just received RK tune for my car and I put it on a couple days ago. I tried it but there r some problems I ran into... My car lost all the back fires and it doesn't even pop on downshift or N gear anymore even though I ordered burble option. My car also goes into limp mode every time I try to launch it. Do these problems happen to you in the first couple of days of the tune?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 01:06 PM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 12:29 PM   #6
fan51
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXY550 View Post
Quote:
Thank you RK tunes.

Congrats man. I just received RK tune for my car and I put it on a couple days ago. I tried it but there r some problems I ran into... My car lost all the back fires and it doesn't even pop on downshift or N gear anymore even though I ordered burble option. My car also goes into limp mode every time I try to launch it. Do these problems happen to you in the first couple of days of the tune?
Never had those issues. I recommend contacting the guys at RK and letting them know. Their customer service is outstanding and they'll get you straightened out ASAP.
Appreciate 1
SXY5509.00
      04-06-2020, 04:05 PM   #7
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435xi, M550i

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you RK tunes.

Give us an update.

How do you like the overall power? Did you get a chance to dragy at all?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 06:31 PM   #8
forza1976
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW M3X  [10.00]
That DA is quite beneficial. Crazy fast regardless.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 02:08 PM   #9
SXY550
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMo87 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you RK tunes.

Give us an update.

Yes I got my friend's dragy to test it out. Just did 1 run. Turns out I can only hold on to the Launch control for 1 sec max instead of the usual 2-3s on the stock m550i tune. Still waiting for RK tune to get back to me with my revised tune. I feel like the torque peak went from the stock 2kish to now 3.5kish rpm. And the car is indeed a lot faster than stock haha. I this is my first run on dragy with winter tires on. Hit 0-100km/h in 3.55s.[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MoeMo87183.50
      04-08-2020, 01:13 AM   #10
deepat04
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550/2019 330 M Sport

Quote:
Thank you RK tunes.

How was the install process? My car is a lease, I am going back and forth on tuning, few questions for you, did tune change your exhaust note, the numbers show its effective, how much of a difference did the tune make on your daily driving?

Trying to make a decision on if its worth it to spend the cash and go with this tune, seems like the best option out, or go with a cheaper option or enjoy the factory performance. Keep finding myself back in this sub thread.

Car looks great btw
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 04:24 PM   #11
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435xi, M550i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you RK tunes.

Give us an update.

Yes I got my friend's dragy to test it out. Just did 1 run. Turns out I can only hold on to the Launch control for 1 sec max instead of the usual 2-3s on the stock m550i tune. Still waiting for RK tune to get back to me with my revised tune. I feel like the torque peak went from the stock 2kish to now 3.5kish rpm. And the car is indeed a lot faster than stock haha. I this is my first run on dragy with winter tires on. Hit 0-100km/h in 3.55s.[IMG][/IMG]
Very nice! Do you have any other performance mods done to your car? Downpipes, exhaust?
I'm assuming you were also running pump gas.

Was RK tune able to resolve the issues you came across?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 04:07 PM   #12
SXY550
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you RK tunes.

Give us an update.

Very nice! Do you have any other performance mods done to your car? Downpipes, exhaust?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you RK tunes.

Give us an update.

I have a ARM catless downpipe and resonator delete on my car. I'm currently running 91map but i have just asked RK to change it to 93. I'm still waiting for RK to get back to me with my new tune and it's been 2 weeks.... they r taking a long time but I guess it's reasonable since NY is rlly bad with COVID-19 atm.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 09:12 PM   #13
fan51
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepat04 View Post
Quote:
Thank you RK tunes.

How was the install process? My car is a lease, I am going back and forth on tuning, few questions for you, did tune change your exhaust note, the numbers show its effective, how much of a difference did the tune make on your daily driving?

Trying to make a decision on if its worth it to spend the cash and go with this tune, seems like the best option out, or go with a cheaper option or enjoy the factory performance. Keep finding myself back in this sub thread.

Car looks great btw
Thank you. Install is a breeze. And honestly the tune is the best mod I did to the car. Extremely noticeable power difference. Like night and day. Go for it man. And I'm not affiliated with RK Tunes in any way - just the best tune out from what we are seeing.
Appreciate 0