BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board After 33 Years of Shaving...

08-26-2019, 07:01 PM   #45
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
Been nice knowing you (mostly). RIP
      08-27-2019, 01:38 AM   #46
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Started shaving with Gillette Mach 3 in 1998 upgrades to the newer versions, I'm a Roofer so shaving isn't a must every day, close shaves are almost never wanted unless a special occasion

Btw, Gillette is/was a local company so that's why Im loyal

Buzzers with a skin guard only for the manscaping, any closer the wife will think I want a girlfriend...

Around here lots of contractors go to Asian nail salons, mid week it's full of guys (less busy) not to be confused with Asian body work massages "Mr. Robert Kraft"

Have a manicure with warm water and oils so your hands look neat, buff with oil never clear polish and the hand/wrist massage feels good, pedicure too, same method of applying just skip the oil buff.

I also go because I've been taking my twin girls for year(s) nothing to be embarrassed about, it's just grooming, no shaping eyebrows, no clear polish and no waxing of any kind imo

Awesome thread OP, I like seeing so many chime in on such a mundane subject
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      08-27-2019, 02:21 AM   #47
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

To drop my 50ct:

Started also with a Gilette Mach 3 and use it still on when Im travelling, almost with Gilette Fusion gel. It shaves very clean but risky by having stains or small scars on the skin, the blades would reveal them.

Meanwhile every 2nd day at home I use since 12 years a Gilette Fusion Power with 5 mainblades and a single one on the back for tricky spots. Shaving gel from Wilkinson with Aloe and this also for my electric wet/dry Philips shaver. Its a very good one but as read here and agreeing, an electric shaver wouldnt be clean as every blade.

For the delicate units I use protected Gilette Ladyshave blades from my funnier looking half.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 05:18 AM   #48
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

tried one of those a few years back and it just didn't work for me. my face hair comes out sideways, like parallel with the skin and it gave me terrible razor burn. i have a gillette 3 blade thing, but i'm no longer going to purchase their products once i run out of blades.
      08-27-2019, 05:23 AM   #49
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You left out details about the attractiveness of said nurse...

Though I don't know, I think if I was getting it shaved by someone else, my nutsack would be climbing for my chest as I'd be undergoing severe trust issues at that moment, seeing sharp bits being applied to precious areas by someone else.
LOL....actually she was attractive. I was in my late 20's when I had the snip. I was cracking jokes with her such as "if you see me out around town, are you still going to talk to me, etc".

Now this was about 14 years ago. They may do it differently now, but during the entire procedure she held my "junk" out of the way (With gloves of course) while the Dr. worked.

I even joked with the Dr. when he about to get started....I said "So I guess this is the point where we discuss my bill"...that cracked them both up. But I was nervous and trying to calm myself.

I remember them calling me about 6 weeks later telling me I needed to come in and drop off a sample to see if the procedure took. I told the woman over the phone that there was no need. If it didn't work the first time, there was no way in hell I was going through another try at it!
Dang3r12503.00
Joekerr7926.00
      08-27-2019, 06:52 AM   #50
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Why is it called safety razor when it actually sounds quite unsafe...?-

And you guys better cool it with the feet talk or you'll bring the man feet fetish guy out of the woodwork 👀
Appreciate 3
upstatedoc7555.50
King Rudi13152.00
Dang3r12503.00
      08-27-2019, 07:29 AM   #51
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I was in my late 20's when I had the snip.
This question has nothing to do with the topic, but wth had you brought to decide to got snipped at that age?
Afaik they normally cut at two places above and left and right of Mr. Mike and leave your jewel case untouched. So here I think the sack shave was just to please the nurse...ey?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      08-27-2019, 08:07 AM   #52
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
LOL....actually she was attractive. I was in my late 20's when I had the snip. I was cracking jokes with her such as "if you see me out around town, are you still going to talk to me, etc".

Now this was about 14 years ago. They may do it differently now, but during the entire procedure she held my "junk" out of the way (With gloves of course) while the Dr. worked.

I even joked with the Dr. when he about to get started....I said "So I guess this is the point where we discuss my bill"...that cracked them both up. But I was nervous and trying to calm myself.

I remember them calling me about 6 weeks later telling me I needed to come in and drop off a sample to see if the procedure took. I told the woman over the phone that there was no need. If it didn't work the first time, there was no way in hell I was going through another try at it!

Yeah, I had the snip in my mid 30's after we were done having kids. But it was just the doc, no nurses. I seem to recall he used an elastic thing to keep the junk away from the work space.

But honestly, I didn't find it painful at all, I'd have gone through it again if it didn't take, because I really didn't want another kid. Funny enough, although its been almost a year since the procedure, I just got my family doc to test a second time to make sure there were still no swimmers...I'm paranoid that somehow it is healing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
This question has nothing to do with the topic, but wth had you brought to decide to got snipped at that age?
Afaik they normally cut at two places above and left and right of Mr. Mike and leave your jewel case untouched. So here I think the sack shave was just to please the nurse...ey?
No, they definitely make a small incision in the sack. You are right about two places though. My urologist snipped both, left the bottom portion open and cauterized the top portion in both places. Cauterization didn't hurt because I had a local, but it was discomforting smelling the burning odour and knowing it was you.
Appreciate 1
Dang3r12503.00
      08-27-2019, 09:11 AM   #53
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

nice job derailing the thread
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 09:21 AM   #54
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

I shave once every 4-5 days because working from home is awesome. It's the biggest chore in the world now, and the good old Fusion knocks it out in 3-4 minutes every time with no problem. Why you'd want to slow down the process or introduce some sort of device which could cut the living shit out of you is beyond me, but hey go for it!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 10:35 AM   #55
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
I started out with the Mach 3, then used a safety razor for a while, recently bought into harry's and that was the best shave i've ever had
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 10:43 AM   #56
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

I have Harry’s razor too. But only because the razor handle was a cool orange color. But it does the job absolutely fine.

And please stop talking about vasectomies...i’m getting psychosomatic pains in the ole twig n’ berries
Appreciate 4
Rmtt8206.00
Joekerr7926.00
Dang3r12503.00
      08-27-2019, 10:44 AM   #57
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

I mostly wanted to at least try it out. If after a few attempts, I find it too risky or the shave itself isn't to my liking, the investment was minimal.
I'm going into this with not much hope for the silky shaves I'm used to. But maybe I'll be surprised.
I had asked earlier above, to those of you who do use one, how many shaves in one session?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 10:51 AM   #58
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
I may have mentioned it before...and not to be a thread "downer" but my then wife's second pregnancy had complications. At 8 weeks before time, she had a complete Placental Abruption that almost killed her, and caused permanent damage that took away my son at age 3.

The doctor after the fact said she was such "high risk"...that he wouldn't recommend having any more kids. I never knew we would divorce, and I already had a daughter...so I went and had the procedure done as a precaution.
      08-27-2019, 10:53 AM   #59
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
I have Harry’s razor too. But only because the razor handle was a cool orange color. But it does the job absolutely fine.

And please stop talking about vasectomies...i’m getting psychosomatic pains in the ole twig n’ berries
I agree. Back to topic.

I use anything I can get my hands on. My facial hair is so thick...I'm going to end up nicked or cut anyway no matter what razor, lather, conditioning cream, I use.

Honestly...I can shave in the morning and by afternoon have a thick shadow already going.
      08-27-2019, 10:58 AM   #60
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Haven't seen anyone mention anything regarding the shaving brush.

If you do decide to get one, just make sure it is from quality badger hairs.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 11:05 AM   #61
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

I can't tell if I'm lucky or not. I just use whatever is basically on sale when I'm buying razors. My facial hair (if you can call it that) is so patchy and slow growing that i really don't need to shave more than 2-3 times per week. Because there is so little, razors last forever.

The downside is when Movember comes around, I have to start in September. Also, people tend to ask me how the chemo treatments are going. People see my patchy face and assume I have cancer.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 12:15 PM   #62
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post

The sound of the snapping is the worst part of the procedure.

You deserve it for the cleaning lady comment in the confessional thread. I needed to pay you back. That will be my last comment on vasectomies in this thread, but I truly, from the bottom of my cold heart, hope that you are just cringing right now / experiencing that sort of empty feeling in the sack post kick in the balls type feeling...

And now, sir, we are even!
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13152.00
Rmtt8206.00
Dang3r12503.00
      08-27-2019, 12:15 PM   #63
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 12:18 PM   #64
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I agree. Back to topic.

I use anything I can get my hands on. My facial hair is so thick...I'm going to end up nicked or cut anyway no matter what razor, lather, conditioning cream, I use.

Honestly...I can shave in the morning and by afternoon have a thick shadow already going.
Also agreed. As per my above last comment on the thing.

I tend to gravitate to barbasol if I can find it - I find I get knicked almost never with it. Plus, it is the closest thing to what I remember when I used to go to the barber and it was a bunch of old Italians who had the shaving cream in a warmer and then slapped it on and took out the straight blade and gave you a shave. It was really quite good, and I don't believe they knicked me once. Sadly, they all retired / disbanded...but they had been working for well over my lifetime so they deserved it! Place was always jammed, they had quite the following.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      08-27-2019, 12:28 PM   #65
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
The sound of the snapping is the worst part of the procedure.

You deserve it for the cleaning lady comment in the confessional thread. I needed to pay you back. That will be my last comment on vasectomies in this thread, but I truly, from the bottom of my cold heart, hope that you are just cringing right now / experiencing that sort of empty feeling in the sack post kick in the balls type feeling...

And now, sir, we are even!
There’s a good emoji for how this thread makes me feel:

Appreciate 1
Joekerr7926.00
      08-27-2019, 12:42 PM   #66
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Haven't seen anyone mention anything regarding the shaving brush.

I prefer a nice smooth beaver to lather my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
I can't tell if I'm lucky or not. I just use whatever is basically on sale when I'm buying razors. My facial hair (if you can call it that) is so patchy and slow growing that i really don't need to shave more than 2-3 times per week. Because there is so little, razors last forever.

The downside is when Movember comes around, I have to start in September. Also, people tend to ask me how the chemo treatments are going. People see my patchy face and assume I have cancer.
I'm the same way! Gotta love the Joe Dirt facial hair gene! My ex-wife used to tell people I had mange.
Appreciate 2
pz6193274.00