BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

02-13-2020, 09:12 AM   #5567
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I know it sucks, but that's why I said you can't take it seriously. It seems like she was a nice person and just didn't know how to break it off with you and not feel bad.

You remind me of my brother when he was in this situation. So no offense meant.

He was so hell-bent on being with someone, that any women he went out with could tell right from the beginning that he was desperate. And not just for sex, but for company as well.

A little secret...women are like men in that sense. When I was dating if I got that "vibe" that they were even the least bit desperate, it was a deal breaker for me even just to hang out as I knew it would be hard to get them to leave me alone without me being blunt and hurtful.

Never have all your "eggs in one basket". Keep reminding yourself that you are dating and not looking for anything serious and just let things happen. Have multiple contacts going at the same time if you can.

This is what happened with my brother. I tried to tell him how to act and present himself, but he didn't listen. So he ended up getting burnt so many times that he eventually developed a "don't give a shit" attitude which is what he should have had from the start.

After developing that attitude, that's when he started having better luck and attracting more women as they could smell his old "clingy vibe" from a mile away. He eventually found the right one and is married.

But it took awhile to get there. But then again...he isn't as good looking as I am!
This is really good counsel. You really have to meter your attention carefully, for all the reasons Rmtt lists and also for your own safety and sanity. I know it's easy to get excited about something that shows potential. I've done it a bunch of times. But over-investing too early will drastically increase the potential for pain and equally importantly will create an impression of desperation, whether it's actually true or not. Desperation is a universal repellent. It's one of the great paradoxes of the universe; the more ready and eager you are, the less interest you get.

It's also good to remember that in any relationship, the party that demonstrates the least interest has the most control.

premier3is Man, sorry to hear the ride ended on that one. This one seemed promising. She may have been one of those super-friendly but conflict-averse people who have a really tough time saying anything that might make someone else uncomfortable. Dust yourself off and get back in the game, when you're ready.
premier3is1627.00
      02-13-2020, 09:17 AM   #5568
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
No, nice people do not string people along on purpose. She's a cunt.

Unless he IS looking for something serious.
I guess I was jaded when I started dating again. I wasn't ever planning on getting married and wasn't looking for anything serious.

I did that for almost 7 years before one popped up that I could really relate to...so it took me by surprise.
      02-13-2020, 09:22 AM   #5569
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
This is really good counsel. You really have to meter your attention carefully, for all the reasons Rmtt lists and also for your own safety and sanity. I know it's easy to get excited about something that shows potential. I've done it a bunch of times. But over-investing too early will drastically increase the potential for pain and equally importantly will create an impression of desperation, whether it's actually true or not. Desperation is a universal repellent. It's one of the great paradoxes of the universe; the more ready and eager you are, the less interest you get.

It's also good to remember that in any relationship, the party that demonstrates the least interest has the most control.

premier3is Man, sorry to hear the ride ended on that one. This one seemed promising. She may have been one of those super-friendly but conflict-averse people who have a really tough time saying anything that might make someone else uncomfortable. Dust yourself off and get back in the game, when you're ready.
That's what I was getting at. It's not like they were seeing each other for months. Just a date or two and then a ton of texting. I have been in that situation where I would go out, be cordial, but know it wasn't going to go anywhere.

When I first started...I felt so bad having to tell them that especially if they were coming on that strong. I would try to ignore them, drag it out...but eventually I learned it's best to cut bait and be upfront as soon as possible.

At least that way everyone can move on.
      02-13-2020, 09:22 AM   #5570
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
I guess I was jaded when I started dating again. I wasn't ever planning on getting married and wasn't looking for anything serious.

I did that for almost 7 years before one popped up that I could really relate to...so it took me by surprise.
It happens when you're not looking for it and when you least expect it.
Dang3r12503.00
      02-13-2020, 09:23 AM   #5571
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Just because my night just got fucked up I figured I'd come share why with my online friends here....

So as you all know I've been texting and talking with that girl every fuckin day since we went on a date 2 weeks ago, good convos, funny shit, during work and after work, everyday quite frequently. She said this week wouldn't work to go on a second date and said next week on Thursday. Figured it was a bit odd that you don't have time this week and you out hanging with friends in the evenings and going to the gym but sure, I'll buy it...

She sent me a random fuckin text like 30 minutes ago. And this is after we were having a normal conversation a few hours ago. Take a read:

'Hey! It's been really nice getting to know you these last few weeks but I feel like we don't really have a connection. And I don't really see it working out long-term. Hope you understand.'

Um.... wtf? Bitch we been talking every fuckin day and you damn sure felt like you were interested. WTF. What a waste of 1 month of talking and getting to know her. Lowkey really enjoy talking with her and thought it would work out. Why even continue to talk to me after the date if you felt this way?

No wonder why guys don't take shit seriously these days, because when you get close to some bitch some bullshit like this happens. Sorry for long post, I am heated!

I know it sucks, but that's why I said you can't take it seriously. It seems like she was a nice person and just didn't know how to break it off with you and not feel bad.

He was so hell-bent on being with someone, that any women he went out with could tell right from the beginning that he was desperate. And not just for sex, but for company as well.

A little secret...women are like men in that sense. When I was dating if I got that "vibe" that they were even the least bit desperate, it was a deal breaker for me even just to hang out as I knew it would be hard to get them to leave me alone without me being blunt and hurtful.

Never have all your "eggs in one basket". Keep reminding yourself that you are dating and not looking for anything serious and just let things happen. Have multiple contacts going at the same time if you can.

This is what happened with my brother. I tried to tell him how to act and present himself, but he didn't listen. So he ended up getting burnt so many times that he eventually developed a "don't give a shit" attitude which is what he should have had from the start.

After developing that attitude, that's when he started having better luck and attracting more women as they could smell his old "clingy vibe" from a mile away. He eventually found the right one and is married.

But it took awhile to get there. But then again...he isn't as good looking as I am!
Thanks for the positive feedback... needed that pick up! Not too sure how I showed desperation on my end from texting, I guess I'll have to think it through. Is asking for a second date a week after we met considered desperation? Thought that should be normal.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      02-13-2020, 09:26 AM   #5572
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Quote:
Just because my night just got fucked up I figured I'd come share why with my online friends here....

So as you all know I've been texting and talking with that girl every fuckin day since we went on a date 2 weeks ago, good convos, funny shit, during work and after work, everyday quite frequently. She said this week wouldn't work to go on a second date and said next week on Thursday. Figured it was a bit odd that you don't have time this week and you out hanging with friends in the evenings and going to the gym but sure, I'll buy it...

She sent me a random fuckin text like 30 minutes ago. And this is after we were having a normal conversation a few hours ago. Take a read:

'Hey! It's been really nice getting to know you these last few weeks but I feel like we don't really have a connection. And I don't really see it working out long-term. Hope you understand.'

Um.... wtf? Bitch we been talking every fuckin day and you damn sure felt like you were interested. WTF. What a waste of 1 month of talking and getting to know her. Lowkey really enjoy talking with her and thought it would work out. Why even continue to talk to me after the date if you felt this way?

No wonder why guys don't take shit seriously these days, because when you get close to some bitch some bullshit like this happens. Sorry for long post, I am heated!
Typical cookie cutter bs they all give us. We've all had that happen. Just block her # & move on. Also, listen to me next time, will ya?
Lol, shuda listen about all these bitches being the same. Lowkey want to question her action here but don't feel like even texting back after my last text which just mentioned 'good getting to know you as well for the last few weeks. Good luck in ur search'.

I'll leave it at that and not go off on the bitch for wasting my time.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2020, 09:31 AM   #5573
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's what I was getting at. It's not like they were seeing each other for months. Just a date or two and then a ton of texting. I have been in that situation where I would go out, be cordial, but know it wasn't going to go anywhere.

When I first started...I felt so bad having to tell them that especially if they were coming on that strong. I would try to ignore them, drag it out...but eventually I learned it's best to cut bait and be upfront as soon as possible.

If you're not feeling it, you gotta let 'em know and let 'em go. Out of respect for their time. Every minute of their time you take up is a minute they can't spend finding someone who's really into them.
Rmtt8206.00
      02-13-2020, 09:31 AM   #5574
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. Yea seemed promising to me too hence why it really caught me by off by surprise. I guess one thing I learned is no matter how it seems to be going, you really have no idea.

And if it looked to be desperation on my end, I would LOVE to know how I even showed it. I'm pretty good about not showing emotions, but I usually reply to texts, from ANYONE... pretty quick. I wonder if it's that.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 09:32 AM   #5575
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Lol, shuda listen about all these bitches being the same. Lowkey want to question her action here but don't feel like even texting back after my last text which just mentioned 'good getting to know you as well for the last few weeks. Good luck in ur search'.

Stop being so nice.

The "good getting to know you as well, good luck in your search" bullshit is something a nice guy would say.

My last few responses to the above have been, "your loss" and nothing else.

My ex reached out to me after 7 years. When I asked her why, she stated "well, I hadn't heard from you and wondered how you were doing". That translates to "You were doing fine without me and I was curious".

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 2
      02-13-2020, 09:33 AM   #5576
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

If you're not feeling it, you gotta let 'em know and let 'em go. Out of respect for their time. Every minute of their time you take up is a minute they can't spend finding someone who's really into them.
Exactly.. I could never string someone along once I knew it wasn't going to work. That's pretty fucked up and selfish to do.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      02-13-2020, 09:33 AM   #5577
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Yeah, just let it drop. Don't abandon decency, or all is lost. Even if they play dirty, stick to your own ethics and values.
      02-13-2020, 09:37 AM   #5578
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Exactly.. I could never string someone along once I knew it wasn't going to work. That's pretty fucked up and selfish to do.
I strung someone along a bit, about 3 years back. I was hanging in there and hoping I'd develop romantic feelings for her because we were such a good fit in every other aspect. But it never happened. She eventually initiated a conversation about it and I had to "fess up" and I felt pretty shitty about how I had handled things. So even without malice, we can do some damage. Self-awareness and candor are really important.
      02-13-2020, 09:38 AM   #5579
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Quote:

Stop being so nice.

The "good getting to know you as well, good luck in your search" bullshit is something a nice guy would say.

My last few responses to the above have been, "your loss" and nothing else.

My ex reached out to me after 7 years. When I asked her why, she stated "well, I hadn't heard from you and wondered how you were doing". That translates to "You were doing fine without me and I was curious".
Need to be more like that. Guess I'm just a nice person in general, but seems like these idiots don't appreciate that.

No wonder why these females are treated like shit because when you treat them well, you are 'desperate' or 'too nice'. Treating people well, engaging in meaningful conversations and trying to meet more often should be a positive sign of interest, not be deterring these bitches away and make you 'desperate'. What a joke.

Dating these days is shit.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
      02-13-2020, 09:43 AM   #5580
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Stop being so nice.

It's not only nice. More importantly, it's honest. I do enjoy getting to know someone, if they're a good conversation partner and we have some things in common to talk about. If it turns out that we don't work as a romantic couple, I've lost nothing. I'm not hurt by it and I don't need the other person to hurt either. Inflicting pain on the way out accomplishes nothing, in my view of the world.

Get yourself to a point where it doesn't hurt if it doesn't work out, and the whole "eye for an eye" attitude will vanish.
      02-13-2020, 09:54 AM   #5581
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the positive feedback... needed that pick up! Not too sure how I showed desperation on my end from texting, I guess I'll have to think it through. Is asking for a second date a week after we met considered desperation? Thought that should be normal.
I don't think it is being desperation on your part. But I learned very quickly that women had changed a lot between when I was a teenager and then a single adult.

They are more straightforward and upfront...well most are.

What I always did when I had a date, was I never contacted the person back. If she initiated contact with me and I wanted to continue....then we would do whatever.

But if they are interested...they will get back to you. Or they could even be testing you. And if they were testing me I didn't want anything to do with that either...so problem solved.

I guess we didn't have a lot of single guys in my area as I remember being texted back by girls less than an hour after coming off a date with them.
      02-13-2020, 10:18 AM   #5582
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
I probably would do her just because of the accent
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Did you SEE the accents on that one?????

Be careful MKSixer I hear there are WAY more venomous creatures down under than in South America, just sayin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
"Aww yeah!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Hopefully not the next obsolete goddess
Quote:
Hopefully this one isn't a straight-up freak like the last one, although it made for great reading.
I met the Australian goddess for happy hour yesterday at an upscale watering hole in the CBD. She was on time. Big points. She gave me a big hug and a peck on the cheek. (My face, UncleWede ) She was wearing a miniskirt and low cut top which was very flattering. Very nice legs and in a nice pair of heels. And she is tall. 5'-9" w/o heels. Her hair is dirty blonde and looked great and she had a nice smile.

We both ordered a Tito's and tonic, sat at a side table and started conversing firstly about both of us being relieved that we actually looked like our pictures and secondly didn't seem to be psychopaths. As we are chatting she was the first to break the touch barrier and put her hands on my leg as we were laughing about some of our mutually held dating disasters.

Waitress comes, we order food and continue talking. She brings up that she showed her friends and daughters my picture and all of them thought I was foreign and lying to her about my ancestry. Lol. I told her it happens all the time...no big deal. More small talk about cars...she is a former AMG owner, and mutual casual touching. Food arrives and she serves my plate for me as I order another round of drinks.

We continue talking during the meal and at about 7:30, or so I let her know that I need to depart. We both agreed to meet again on Saturday. I clear the bill ($46.00...I love happy hour.) and she grabs my hand as we walk to the elevator in order to exit. She couldn't find the button and I hit it, the elevator comes and we board it. She hits the down button and looks at my lips, smiling so I go in for a kiss as we are descending. She kisses back hard and we keep going until the car stops. The elderly couple was mortified. (Just kidding)

We exit the car, walking hand in hand up the ramp, I open the door for her and she says, "I parked near what I think is your car." She did. She drove an X3 and I was in a 5 series loaner from the dealership. We talked for a few more minutes, made loose plans for Saturday and kissed again. I closed her door, waved goodbye and went to my car and departed.

A good, normal date. What a relief.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.

Last edited by MKSixer; 02-13-2020 at 10:48 AM..
Appreciate 10
nyalpine907384.50
premier3is1627.00
cmyx6go15561.50
Rmtt8206.00
Dang3r12503.00
tony55343101.50
      02-13-2020, 10:26 AM   #5583
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I met the Australian goddess for happy hour yesterday at an upscale watering hole in the CBD. She was on time. Big points. She gave me a big hug and a peck on the cheek. (My face, UncleWede She was wearing a miniskirt and low cut top which was very flattering. Very nice legs and in a nice pair of heels. Her hair is dirty blonde and looked great and she had a nice smile.

We both ordered a Tito's and tonic, sat at a side table and started conversing firstly about both of us being relieved that we actually looked like our pictures and secondly didn't seem to be psychopaths. As we are chatting she was the first to break the touch barrier and put her hands on my leg as we were laughing about some of our mutually held dating disasters.

Waitress comes, we order food and continue talking. She brings up that she showed her friends and daughters my picture and all of them thought I was foreign and lying to her about my ancestry. Lol. I told her it happens all the time...no big deal. More small talk about cars...she is a former AMG owner, and mutual casual touching. Food arrives and she serves my plate for me as I order another round of drinks.

We continue talking during the meal and at about 7:30, or so I let her know that I need to depart. We both agreed to meet again on Saturday. I clear the bill ($46.00...I love happy hour.) and she grabs my hand as we walk to the elevator in order to exit. She couldn't find the button and I hit it, the elevator comes and we board it. She hits the down button and looks at my lips, smiling so I go in for a kiss as we are descending. She kisses back hard and we keep going until the car stops. The elderly couple was mortified. (Just kidding)

We exit the car, walking hand in hand up the ramp, I open the door for her and she says, "I parked near what I think is your car." She did. She drove an X3 and I was in a 5 series loaner from the dealership. We talked for a few more minutes, made loose plans for Saturday and kissed again. I closed her door, waved goodbye and went to my car and departed.

Excellent report, and an excellent outcome. Nicely played, sir. 'Bout fuckin' time one of us here had a good date.
      02-13-2020, 10:27 AM   #5584
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
I met the Australian goddess for happy hour yesterday at an upscale watering hole in the CBD. She was on time. Big points. She gave me a big hug and a peck on the cheek. (My face, UncleWede She was wearing a miniskirt and low cut top which was very flattering. Very nice legs and in a nice pair of heels. Her hair is dirty blonde and looked great and she had a nice smile.

Appreciate 4
MKSixer34171.50
Rmtt8206.00
      02-13-2020, 10:30 AM   #5585
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Excellent report, and an excellent outcome. Nicely played, sir. 'Bout fuckin' time one of us here had a good date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
Thank you, gentlemen. High praise coming from both of you!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2020, 10:32 AM   #5586
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Congrats MKSixer I'm vicariously happy for you! Happy VD!!!

This morning my wife was ready well before me to leave to work. She gave me a kiss. About a minute later she walks back into the bathroom.

"I ALREADY gave you a kiss" <smile in my voice>
"I wanted another one" <SMOOOOCCCCHHHH!!!!>
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34171.50
      02-13-2020, 10:34 AM   #5587
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Congrats MKSixer I'm vicariously happy for you! Happy VD!!!

This morning my wife was ready well before me to leave to work. She gave me a kiss. About a minute later she walks back into the bathroom.

"I ALREADY gave you a kiss" <smile in my voice>
"I wanted another one" <SMOOOOCCCCHHHH!!!!>
Good man!

Happy VD to you, as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 10:35 AM   #5588
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
I probably would do her just because of the accent
Quote:
Did you SEE the accents on that one?????

Be careful MKSixer I hear there are WAY more venomous creatures down under than in South America, just sayin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
"Aww yeah!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Hopefully not the next obsolete goddess
Quote:
Hopefully this one isn't a straight-up freak like the last one, although it made for great reading.

I love how it you mentioned about it being a relief since it was a 'nice, normal date'. All dates should be this way, but welcome to an era where most aren't.

Wishing you the best on her!
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50