BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 2021 M550i All-Season Tires

02-19-2021, 01:25 PM   #23
carbo56
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOSMAN View Post
I would definitely NOT get all seasons on such a powerful car. Summer tyres for summer and winter tyres for winter.
Totally agree. I had always had all-seasons in the past. But when I got my 2018 M550, it came with 19" summer tires, there was no option for all-seasons at the time. So I decided to get a separate set of 19" wheels with winter tires. What a difference! The summer tires are much quieter and the car handles a lot better. In the winter, the winter tires are noisier, but I feel the car stops with much more stability and grip when the temps are low.

I change mine myself, I got a floor jack and the right tools, it takes me less than an hour to do the swap. Plenty of room in my basement to store them.
Appreciate 1
FMIB55.50
      02-21-2021, 09:25 AM   #24
jmhildreth
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xdrive

Anybody know if BMW will reset the speed limiter if you switch from H rated to Y rated tires?

Also is that limit programmable with BimmerCode or some other recoder?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 07:17 AM   #25
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhildreth View Post
Anybody know if BMW will reset the speed limiter if you switch from H rated to Y rated tires?
I would say that the answer will vary between dealers, and you should ask your dealer.

However, I'll propose that doing so would expose them to liability if you were to put the "H" tires back on and have an incident, so likely the answer is no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhildreth View Post
Also is that limit programmable with BimmerCode or some other recoder?
Maybe and yes. As for BimmerCode, it's not working on my phone right now for some stupid reason, so I can't answer you accurately, but you can install it at no cost for a non-functional version, and then you can see what kinds of things it can change for you.

There are other ways of coding, such as Esys, which will let you change anything. But you have to be careful not to brick your car.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0