BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions G30 questions

04-06-2018, 02:51 PM   #1
matt666
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330d

G30 questions

Hi All, I took delivery of my G30 this week and I have a few questions. Apologies if these are answered elsewhere but I couldn’t find it in the manual.

I’m coming from an F30 and I could press the stop/start button twice, the first would switch the engine off and the second would stop the stereo and turn the car off. Is there any way to do this?

Any way to display trip computer by the Speedo? You can display on board computer with lifetime mpg but what about trip mpg?

When I put the display key on the wireless charging pad it lights up blue for a couple of seconds then goes out. Is that normal? The key looks to be fully charged still after a couple of days

I have an Adaptive setting alongside sport, comfort etc by the gear stick. The manual is a bit unclear what this does. Do you just set it in adaptive and it automatically stiffens things up if you’re pushing it, and softens things if you’re cruising?

Any help much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 03:57 PM   #2
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt666 View Post
Hi All, I took delivery of my G30 this week and I have a few questions. Apologies if these are answered elsewhere but I couldn’t find it in the manual.

I’m coming from an F30 and I could press the stop/start button twice, the first would switch the engine off and the second would stop the stereo and turn the car off. Is there any way to do this?

Any way to display trip computer by the Speedo? You can display on board computer with lifetime mpg but what about trip mpg?

When I put the display key on the wireless charging pad it lights up blue for a couple of seconds then goes out. Is that normal? The key looks to be fully charged still after a couple of days

I have an Adaptive setting alongside sport, comfort etc by the gear stick. The manual is a bit unclear what this does. Do you just set it in adaptive and it automatically stiffens things up if you’re pushing it, and softens things if you’re cruising?

Any help much appreciated!
Press it once and it stops the engine. open the door and it turns off everything.

Yes...you can display the trip computer by pressing the button on the turn stalk. It will cycle through various display options.

I have the wireless charging pad but I only have an Iphone 7 so I haven't actually used it yet.

If you have the adaptive button, that means you have the dynamic dampers. If you turn on adaptive mode, it will run in comfort mode but give you the variable damping. I had my car coded so it defaults to adaptive mode. If I want more power than available in comfort mode, I throw the gear shifter to the left and it will give me more aggressive transmission settings.

Enjoy your new car.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 12:16 AM   #3
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Once the engine if off you can also just hold down the volume knob for a few seconds and it will switch off the idrive and instrument cluster
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 02:02 AM   #4
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

My car's wireless charging tray's light also lights up blue and it goes out .It sometimes turn red to blue too . I have not tested it on cell phones though but results must be same
      04-07-2018, 02:35 AM   #5
AP
Major General
Rep

It can be fussy as to exactly where the phone is to charge as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 07:38 AM   #6
matt666
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330d

Thanks Guys. The key had discharged a little bit overnight and when I put it on charge today I got a solid blue light so I wonder if it cuts charging if the battery is full

I get what you’re saying about Adaptive. Surely that should be the default mode when you start the car? Might have to look at coding it!

You can have the lifetime mpg in the speedo area but it doesn’t look like you can have the trip computer? Maybe that’s something else that can be coded
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 09:35 AM   #7
AP
Major General
Rep

Not sure about coming but you can have a button set as a shortcut to it and it can also be displayed on the idrive home screen as well
Appreciate 0