E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Trade Assist/ Lemon Law help...

04-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
DJP335i
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Trade Assist/ Lemon Law help...

Long story short I have been without my car for over 1 month in only 5 months of ownership. The turbos, wastegates, software, and hpfp have all been replaced/updated and somehow the car is still going into limp mode. Even when the half engine symbol isnt showing up on the dash, there is still no boost.

As of right now they have temporarily fixed the issue 3 times and Im sick of this crap. My SA advised me to start thinking about trade assist because my car may likely be a candidate. My car is an e92 335i coupe 2007 that I bought CPO with 8600 miles on it. It was great and then all of a sudden all of this has been happening.

Anyway, I am just wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with the trade assist process and how the whole thing worked out in the end. Thanks in advance for your advice it is much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
fl_cyclist
At the Beach or On the Road
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 z4 35is  [0.00]
Worked out great for me. My car was in the shop 5 times in 2 months for Limp code. replaced a bunch of injectors etc no fix. I spoke with GM and we agreed that it was time to stop trying to fix the car. Within a week they processed the trade assist and I had a new 335i. the old car only had about 1200mi if I remember, the new one had a few more options and was higher price due to a price increase. Essentially they bought back the old car for 100% of what I paid and sold me the new car at exactly the same price as the old one. So far I have about 13000mi on the new one with zero problems.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #3
DJP335i
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

that would be ideal, honestly i really like having the CPO warranty and would even consider paying slightly more for another CPO that was similar. maybe even upgrade to a vert... who knows. my SA should be in touch sometime soon. so i will keep this updated
Appreciate 0