BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions UK. Anyone else have a car at port?

05-22-2020, 05:00 PM   #1
Steces
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 530d

UK. Anyone else have a car at port?

hi

I bagged one of the 'cheap' 530d deals back in February

My dealer has furloughed most staff and after much effort I have found out that the car has been built and is at port in Germany. Actually very pleased as for as long as we're in lockdown I dont need it and also relieved I will get a car at the price I agreed - doubt theyd have honoured it for the LCI when the factory starts up again

Whilst Im not in a hurry to get it I would like a bit of notice of when it may potentially arrive and as I know a number of others took advantage of this deal somebody else must be in the same position with possibly a more communicative dealer.

Anyone else have an idea of when BMW UK may spring back into life and cars currently in Germany may be delivered?

It would also be great to know how long it normally takes from arrival in Uk to delivery to customer

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 12:31 AM   #2
Dephead2004
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

Our dealership went back to work last Monday, though sales staff are still furloughed.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 02:24 AM   #3
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Short term lease

My 540i is in UK customs. Talking to my dealer the estimate is that I'll be able to collect w/c 8th June.

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 11:34 AM   #4
Beemerguy530
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530D

My friend also had a 530d on the February offer. The offer was for 530d already built and for delivery before end of February 69 plate. However when the deal was agreed it was discovered that the vehicle was stored in Germany and not in the UK. BMW UK honoured the price as it was their fault and it got registered as a 20 plate in March just before lockdown. Delivery from Germany to UK and collection was within a 4 weeks. Just dependent on timing of ship, port customs and local dealer transportation.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 09:08 AM   #5
Nordboy
Rep
Drives: G31 BMW 540i xDrive

Can I ask how you found out at what production stage/ where your car was?

My lad has ordered a 135i that was due to be at the dealers by the end of March. He’s emailed the salesman he dealt with but he’s furloughed so not replying.

My lad is doing my swede in asking me all the time...like i’d know?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 09:29 AM   #6
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordboy View Post
Can I ask how you found out at what production stage/ where your car was?

My lad has ordered a 135i that was due to be at the dealers by the end of March. He's emailed the salesman he dealt with but he's furloughed so not replying.

My lad is doing my swede in asking me all the time...like i'd know?
You can use the Genius live chat service on the BMW website. You'll need to give them your order number from the dealer. They can tell you the status code and corresponding stage in the production process your car is at. If you also search the forum for 'status codes' there are several threads detailing every step. Good luck!

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 02:45 PM   #7
Nordboy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoops View Post
You can use the Genius live chat service on the BMW website. You'll need to give them your order number from the dealer. They can tell you the status code and corresponding stage in the production process your car is at. If you also search the forum for 'status codes' there are several threads detailing every step. Good luck!
Thanks, I’m not sure he has an order number. I’ll ask him.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 09:35 AM   #8
Steces
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks all, very useful

When I ordered it was definitely a new build and I've just remembered the deal was only if I took delivery before June

Surely not an issue post covid???
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 03:35 AM   #9
Wivenhoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e - delivered Nov 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steces View Post
Thanks all, very useful

When I ordered it was definitely a new build and I've just remembered the deal was only if I took delivery before June

Surely not an issue post covid???
Send the salesman an email confirming you wanted delivery before June but as they clearly can’t deliver by then you will accept a later delivery. They will be very happy to sell a car in the circumstances !
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 09:20 AM   #10
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Bump. How has everyone gotten on? Finally collected my 540i Touring on Saturday. Couldn't be happier with it. I'm a bit of a native on the F30 forum so have actually posted pics over there:

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=362

Fingers crossed others get theirs soon - pictures welcome!

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 02:07 PM   #11
Nordboy
Rep

An update from my lads 135. He’s had a message saying it’s in port and should be with the uk dealer in approx 10 days. Does this sound right?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 05:07 PM   #12
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordboy View Post
An update from my lads 135. He's had a message saying it's in port and should be with the uk dealer in approx 10 days. Does this sound right?
Yes that sounds about right. Everything taking a bit longer than usual because they have fewer people. Slower to clear customs, possibly a wait for a transporter. Mine spent a couple of days at a BMW facility including a pre delivery inspection before finally arriving at the dealer.

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 05:15 PM   #13
Steces
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Dealer has presumably just started to grind into life again and I received an Email yesterday!

It left Germany the day before and will be available for collection in approx 14 days.

Im very happy with this, and especially happy that the deals recently posted by TRL arent that great compared to mine even at the new 1.9% APR

£410/month over 4y with no deposit and Comfort Park plus HK is possibly my best ever car deal

Very, very happy
Appreciate 1
mcoops1757.00
      06-18-2020, 07:33 AM   #14
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steces View Post
Dealer has presumably just started to grind into life again and I received an Email yesterday!

It left Germany the day before and will be available for collection in approx 14 days.

Im very happy with this, and especially happy that the deals recently posted by TRL arent that great compared to mine even at the new 1.9% APR

£410/month over 4y with no deposit and Comfort Park plus HK is possibly my best ever car deal

Very, very happy
Great news! Keep us posted and of course stick up some pics when you collect!

Appreciate 0