BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Activating SLI related ISA, EDP and VZA Functions

03-10-2020, 03:22 AM   #1
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 520 1.6lt

Question Activating SLI related ISA, EDP and VZA Functions

My G30 (ECE) has 5AS so it has KAFAS4, Dynamic Cruise Control (DCC)(no front radar) and we've retrofitted SLI&NPI and they work without any problems. But there are 3 more features that comes with (depends upon) SLI actually:

ISA: updates the adjusted speed of cruise control according to speed signs read by SLI.
EDP: updates the adjusted speed of speed limiter according to speed signs read by SLI.
VZA (VORAUSSCHAU): warns the driver of an approaching speed limit change along the road to let the gas pedal off. So when the car arrives to the place where the speed limit decreased cars speed will be equal to that limit automatically by deceleration (so you won't use breaks and spend unnecessary gas).
Additional Sign:Which signs it refers I don't know but KOMBI should display the upcoming signs (in white color) probably as the part of VZA. Also some cars show stop signs and so on. This also doesn't work at my G30

My car came with 8TD, so to make SLI work it has been removed and I had to modify COUNTRY_SLINPI_MODE in KAFAS because it remained at (---) icon. After that SLI and NPI works flawlessly

Even ISA, EDP, VZA related codes seems active on all modules they don't work. So I've generated CAFD files by using Coding Verification by changing my cars VO list (removed 5AS and added 5AT). I've compared all 32 files and found about 90 parameter changes.

I've modified ISA, EDP and VZA related ones and I have a "Speed Limit Assistance" Menu added to iDrive settings under vehicle settings as seen below:

Last sentence means: "It's only available as a restricted feature in this country". After that casual "Limit" function (which limits your max speed to set value) changed into "Limit Assist" (which asks to update your currently set max speed limit automatically to actual limit on the road +- a buffer value you've selected on the idrive menu). It can be seen below:

Problem is Cruise Control icon didn't changed into "Assist + cruise logo" and it doesn't asks to set limit according to SLI
No matter which parameters I've changed I couldn't make it work. I've tried every parameter from 5AT option (except iBrake and ACC related ones) but it never activated.

I even activated ISA related parameters (which 5AT even left inactive) no change.. Also ISA doesn't seem to be supported by G30 according to E-Sys as seen below but I've also set these to activce:

I also changed land restriction parameters into these since their current values doesn't work (which are same for Germany cars):
DSC: C_EDP_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
DSC: C_vSLI_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
DSC: C_SWA_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
SAS: C_vSLI_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
SAS: C_EDP_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
SAS: C_EDP_Vorausschau_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF
SAS: C_EDP_SLI_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF

also added Germany car options via FDL coding such as:
DSC: C_VFA_Funktion
SAS10: C_SWA_Vorhanden
KAFAS: VFW_AVAILABLE
KAFAS: WWA_ENABLE
BDC_BODY2: VCM_COUNTRY (mine was ECE)
KOMBI: LAENDERAUSFUEHRUNG (mine was Sonstige)
RS: C_SWW_Enable_LaneWidthAdjustmentByKAFAS

yet nothing (still says function is limited only in my country).

To conclude Limit Assistant has been activated, but cruise control speed "assistant mode" to update CC speed doesn't.

Also I've never seen upcoming speed sign icon (white color next to current speed limit in the KOMBI) and anything related with VZA (gas icon, arrows etc.)

So I'm about to abandon this project. But I know it must work. I think car sees that it's currently located in Turkey and deactivates Cruise Control Assist. Because I'm sure that I've activated all the parameters required for this function. So I have to find a code to lift restrictions for countries like the COUNTRY_SLINPI_MODE for the SLI activation.

I'd appreciate any suggestions
Attached Images

Last edited by ejlover06; 03-10-2020 at 04:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 04:03 AM   #2
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
To fully change region of the car you need FSC repair pack, MAYBE you can try to change region of the car and load all new FSC repair pack to your car with new region. Than just VO code the car.
I didn't want to spam the other thread so I've opened a new one

Actually this functions are allowed in ECE cars and "Limit Assist" worked easily without any change in the lad restriction parameters Cruise Control Speed Assistant is completely same thing and I don't understand why it doesn't work It only asks to update the limit or not (as same as the max speed limiter) Even we change the region car will see the car in Turkey from the navigation, that will automatically block the feature again just like the SLI.

There may be a code like COUNTRY_SLINPI_MODE somewhere I'm missing or there is more to do with C_EDP_Land_aktiv Werte=FF, FF, FF, FF (Why there are only 4 and why FF not 00?) and we've understood it wrong
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 10:54 AM   #3
GaSelle
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ´23 iX3 M Sport Charged

So you have Adaptive Cruise Control that is using the KAFAS camera? I would like some more information about that, as my car has the KAFAS cameras but it only uses it for Emergency Braking. I don´t have High Beam Assist, SLI, ACC, Lane Assist or anything else and i would LOVE to have some of these things retrofitted, but I don´t know how or who to contact. The guys here in DK doing coding on BMW´s don´t know anything about ACC using the KAFAS, even though I have pointed out, that it´s an option on the price list.
      03-14-2020, 01:18 PM   #4
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSelle View Post
So you have Adaptive Cruise Control that is using the KAFAS camera? I would like some more information about that, as my car has the KAFAS cameras but it only uses it for Emergency Braking. I don´t have High Beam Assist, SLI, ACC, Lane Assist or anything else and i would LOVE to have some of these things retrofitted, but I don´t know how or who to contact. The guys here in DK doing coding on BMW´s don´t know anything about ACC using the KAFAS, even though I have pointed out, that it´s an option on the price list.
No I don't have Active/adaptive Cruise control, that's the problem If I had one these functions would already be activated from the factory if not It would take a day to activate them all.

I ONLY have KAFAS cameras and DCC. Same setup with you I think. But adaptive LEDs has HBA from the factory also VLI (not sure if this is the correct abbreviation). I had SLI retrofitted. Now I'm trying to activate all features that can be used with these setup without front radar sensors
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 01:12 PM   #5
GaSelle
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejlover06 View Post
No I don't have Active/adaptive Cruise control, that's the problem If I had one these functions would already be activated from the factory if not It would take a day to activate them all.

I ONLY have KAFAS cameras and DCC. Same setup with you I think. But adaptive LEDs has HBA from the factory also VLI (not sure if this is the correct abbreviation). I had SLI retrofitted. Now I'm trying to activate all features that can be used with these setup without front radar sensors
Ah, now I got you. I will follow your threads closely then. Hopefully there is a solution.
      03-15-2020, 02:52 PM   #6
matej74
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Hello!

Do You guys know if Speed limit info on Instrument Cluster could be activated
via BimmerCode application and Bluetooth connection?
I did a lot of things with standard mode but a lot more options are in Expert mode. I manage to get (---) sign with enable speed limit info in Expert mode.
Regards, matej
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 04:21 PM   #7
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

You need FSC code to activate SLI for Kafas4. If you need fsc for SLI, Wrong Way Assist or Front end collision pm me.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 05:29 AM   #8
GaSelle
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You need FSC code to activate SLI for Kafas4. If you need fsc for SLI, Wrong Way Assist or Front end collision pm me.
Is there a FSC code for Adaptive Cruise using KAFAS?
      03-20-2020, 03:02 PM   #9
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Adpative cruise is seperate it needs a radar unit to work. FSC is not needed for that.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 03:42 AM   #10
GaSelle
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Adpative cruise is seperate it needs a radar unit to work. FSC is not needed for that.
In the Danish price list there is an option for Active Cruise Control with stop and go. The description reads:
"Camerabased driver assist system, that works between 0 and 140 km/h". The option code is possibly 5DF.

The radarbased cruise is part of a Drivers Assist pack.

It was the camerabased version is was after. Is there a FSC for that?
      05-06-2020, 11:10 AM   #11
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

So I have been trying to work on adding some of these codes to my 2020 530e with iDrive 7, mainly by doing the same thing, comparing my FDL to one from a Euro Car, and making those changes. So far though, it is not working. I now that the menu for the settings in iDrive, however it will not let me select any of the boxes, and I also get text about Anticipation not being in my country. However, some of the options that worked prior to me adding the codes, such as setting a speed warning, are now also grayed out.

From my X3 though, I could have sworn that some of the codes related to the word Geschwindigkeit had to do with getting the ISA to work.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 07:07 PM   #12
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Just an update to this. I was able to go back and review the changes that had been made on my G01 X3 that enabled ISA, and was able to get it working on my G30. Now the Anticipation stuff that was in the greyed out menu is gone, and the only option it gives me is the information about adjusting to the new Speed Limit. I will continue to play around and see if I can find more about getting Anticipation working. Here is what I changed:

BDC_Body2 (5FA9):
PIA_Default_Uebernahme_geschwindigkeit: Change to Aktiv
Uebernahme_geschwindigkeit: Change to Aktiv

DSC:
C_EDP_Land_Aktiv: Change Werte to all "FF"
C_EDP_vorhanden: Change to Vorhanden

Headunit (Either NBT or MGU):
Autotempomat: Change to Gen_1
Geschwindigkeit_Assistent: Change to Aktiv

SAS:
C_EDP_Anziege
C_EDP_SLI_Aktiv: Change Werte to all "FF"
C_ISA_Vorhanden: Change to True
C_EDP_Anziege_Zusatztexte: Change to True
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 10:11 PM   #13
jimmmyzhou
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
Just an update to this. I was able to go back and review the changes that had been made on my G01 X3 that enabled ISA, and was able to get it working on my G30. Now the Anticipation stuff that was in the greyed out menu is gone, and the only option it gives me is the information about adjusting to the new Speed Limit. I will continue to play around and see if I can find more about getting Anticipation working. Here is what I changed:

BDC_Body2 (5FA9):

DSC:

SAS:
C_EDP_Anziege
Thanks for sharing, I can confirm that these codes also works in my 2020 iD7 G08 X3 (CN version of G01) ,I got ISA in my HUD and also in my Instrument Cluster(with distance info). But for Anticipation my menu is also greyed out, saying anticipatory drive is not available in your country. Will keep digging!

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 04:46 PM   #14
Bandoul
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post

BDC_Body2 (5FA9):

DSC:

SAS:
C_EDP_Anziege
Hi there, huge thank you for sharing. I have a March 2020 production M550i I-Step: S15A-20-03-540.

Under HU_MGU, I did not find Geschwindigkeit_Assistent, instead I found GeschwindigkeitAssistent one word and the possible value is nicht_aktiv or gen_1
For C_EDP_Anziege (you didn't specify what to do with it), I didn't find that setting, instead the closest thing I found is C_EDP_Anzeige_Art_Offset.
I want to test this but I thought I'd check in first.

Thoughts?
Thanks.

Last edited by Bandoul; 06-02-2020 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 10:41 AM   #15
bigollie172
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d

Did anyone get this working properly?

Could you please share the coding and how to activate?

I am trying but not getting anywhere.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 02:42 AM   #16
Larppa
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G30

Here in Finland Speed Assistant is enabled, but the speed needs to be adjusted manually in Active Cruise Control. I have been trying to enable ISA by coding my G30 with no luck. I have managed to enable Speed Assistan's Speed limits -menu which shows four options for speed limit info usage, but none of them can be enabled due country restrictions.

I'll post here my environment and all the options, I have already coded or played with. I hope someone can find out what is wrong. In the other hand I haven't found any success story of G30 despite I have googled a lot.

Car is BMW G30 530ex build 12/2019. Esys shows in I-Step target S15A-20-11-542. I am not sure if this is the software version of the car, but the software version is updated on BMW dealer to latest version 29.12.2020. The car option list includes for example following possible related options:

- S5AL Active Protection
- S5DF Active Cruise Control+Stop&Go Function
- S5AV Active Guard
- S8TF Active Pedestrian Protection

First I coded following options (in some posts there was also other parameters to be coded, but they was already on the right value in my car, so here are only changed values)

DSC3:
C_EDP_Land_Aktiv: All values to FF (was FB, DF, 83, C0)
C_EDP_vorhanden: Changed to Vorhanden

HU_MGU:
GeschwindigkeitAssistent: Changed to aktiv
SLAAUTOMATISCH: Changed to gen_1
STRECKENVERLAUF: Changed to gen_1
VORAUSSCHAU: Chaged to gen_1

BDC_BODY2:
STRECKEN_VERLAUF: Changed to aktiv

With (some of) these options the Speed Assistant's Speed Limits -menu with four options got enabled, but none of the options could not be enabled due the county restrictions.

After that I coded following options (I guess there are a lot of irrelevant options too):

SAS:
C_EDP_Land_Aktiv: All values to FF
C_EDP_SLI_Aktiv: All values to FF
C_EDP_Vorausschau_aktiv: All values to FF
C_ACC_Regelung_Nebenspur_Land_aktiv: All values to FF
C_VZA_Funktion_Land_aktiv: All values to FF
C_vSLI_Land_aktiv: All values to FF
C_EDP_Kopplung_ISA_Degadation: Changed to false
C_ISA_Kopplung_EDP_Land: Changed to false
C_ISA_Kopplung_EDP_Degradation: Changed to false

DSC3:
C_vSLI_Land_aktiv: All values to FF
C_VZA_Funktion_Land_aktiv: All values to FF
C_VZA_Funktion: Changed to true
C_ISA_vorhanden: Changed to vorhanden
C_SLA_Variante: Changed from keine to ACC_DCC
C_vSLI_Funktion: Changed to aktiv
C_EDP_Kopplung_ISA_Degradation: Changed to false
C_ISA_Kopplung_EDP_Degradation: Changed to false
C_ISA_Kopplung_EDP_Land: Changed to false
C_VZA_Funktion: Changed true

HU_MGI:
AUTOLIMITER: Changed to aktiv
GUIDING_VORAUSSCHAU_SLI_ENABLE: Changed to aktiv

Changed Vorausschau aus Matrix, SLI immer aktiv to Vorausschau immer aktiv, SLI immer aktiv

These did not help. After that I played with values in KAFAS4 module:

COUNTRY_SLINPI_MODE: Tried to change all values to FF
VFW_COUNTRY_VARIANT_MODE: Tried to change all values to FF

I have also tested to change all country related FF’s to 00 in all relevant modules.

In G05 coding instructions there was some parameters like C_SLA_Streckenregelung_Land_Aktiv, C_SLA_Streckenregelung_vorhanden and C_SLA_aSLA_vorhanden that I could not find from any of my ecus. I als do not have option S5AT. Could the problem be realated to these parameters or this missing option?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 10:21 AM   #17
Bandoul
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

@ Larppa

In order to get you current I-Step, in E-Sys go to Expert Mode/VCM/Master/I-Steps and click Read. The fields in the Integration steps box will populate. Look for the value in I-Step (current). I have a USA MY2020 G30 and I can confirm there is no way to activate ISA. However SLA coded properly will allow you to select the check box in Console (HU_MGU) and select the value of the speed to increase or decrease based on the detected speed limit while cruise control is on. I have 5AT which includes ACC+Stop and Go.

Last edited by Bandoul; 01-06-2021 at 10:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 12:47 PM   #18
The Zimmer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G31 Touring

Hi Guys

Any one able to get the FSC for LDW ( Lane Departure Warning ) or the part number ?

Thanks
Paul
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 07:42 PM   #19
oilandgas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550, 2018 DB11

I'm in the US and have a 2020M550 w/ adaptive cruise. What, if anything, will this coding do for me here? I haven't seen this discussion before.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 12:05 AM   #20
Bandoul
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilandgas View Post
I'm in the US and have a 2020M550 w/ adaptive cruise. What, if anything, will this coding do for me here? I haven't seen this discussion before.
Do you mean what will Speed Limit Assist (SLA) do you for you? While the cruise control is on and the vehicle detects a speed limit change, a symbol will alert you with an arrow down or up in the instrument cluster and HUD. you can then push the increase/decrease speed button on the steering wheel and the cruise control will adjust accordingly. It is a convenience but requires manual intervention whereas Intelligent Speed Assistant does not require your input and will do it automatically based on your settings. I have my SLA set to add +5 MPH to whatever the detected speed limit is when I press the button.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 09:25 AM   #21
s920811
Registered
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Hi!! Can you share fsc for sli?
Thanks in advance!!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 11:58 AM   #22
Larppa
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandoul View Post
@ Larppa

In order to get you current I-Step, in E-Sys go to Expert Mode/VCM/Master/I-Steps and click Read. The fields in the Integration steps box will populate. Look for the value in I-Step (current).
Thank you for this infomation!

Quote:
@ Larppa
I have a USA MY2020 G30 and I can confirm there is no way to activate ISA.
I am an IT worker, and know almost everything is possible in IT. And this certainly is IT. The thing is, how much effort it needs

When I did read other discussions, somebody thought that there may be some country restrictions that are managed through Connected Drive in Cloud. Maybe I need to search parameters that are CD-related.

Quote:
@ Larppa
However SLA coded properly will allow you to select the check box in Console (HU_MGU) and select the value of the speed to increase or decrease based on the detected speed limit while cruise control is on. I have 5AT which includes ACC+Stop and Go.
I have had that function from the factory, but it needs manual actions when speed changes. I am just frustrated, because even in Scoda Suberb the automatic reducing of speed is working

Last edited by Larppa; 01-07-2021 at 12:01 PM.. Reason: fixes
Appreciate 0