BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis New winter wheel setup with a story

11-03-2020, 01:52 PM   #1
Alpine540iM
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i M sport, Eurocharged

Garage List
Jus got my car setup for winter with a funny story. I needed winter tires so I searched on Kijiji for a set. Came across a post "4 Dunlop snow tires with rims for a bmw 540" 245/45/r18 all around, the full set was was $1000. So I bought them cause the guy told me they came off a 2018 540i. I take them to my tire shop and they tell me these are Audi/Mercedes wheels and the center bore isn't the same, so the lug nuts don't get seated correctly. The shop told me they could get lug nuts that are a different shape and it would work so I agreed, didn't want to waste 1k. After waiting for 2 weeks for these back ordered lug nuts, the shop said it be quicker if we jus sent them to a shop for machining. So the machine shop takes them, couple days go by and no one gets back to me. I wait a full week and still no call, so I call the shop and they tell me basically the machine shop lost my wheels, and had no idea where they were. So after not having my car for a month over winter tires, I ended up with a much nicer set of wheels and tires that the machine shop bought for me, since they lost my other set. These are still 18". The wheels in the screenshot are the ones that went missing.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 08:14 PM   #2
paquet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport etc

What an ordeal - and what luck!
Glad you lucked out in the end after *everything*
Appreciate 0