BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Experience of Mediterranean Blue

06-15-2017, 03:21 PM   #23
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: I20 IX M60 Oxide Grey

Garage List
I'm finding that although a little dirty the shine is still there from a distance. I have he Bmw protect x on though - which won't be as good as a speciality paint coating. We'll see what happens after a few months but I plan on being as touchless as I can on the wash - only using my wool mitt with two buckets for the shampooing and thick microfibres towel drying to minimise swirls.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 05:37 PM   #24
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

This colour is absolutely stunning when the car is clean and shiny. Does anyone have photos of their cars when it is not so clean? Curious to see how it looks when a Med blue car becomes a normal daily driver rather than showroom model!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 08:22 AM   #25
vpatel867
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 F10, 19 xm40i, 24 x7

Garage List
  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamace View Post
I might be biased because I love blue as a color. I ordered med blue on my M550i without seeing any real life pics. I took delivery two days ago and I have to say the color suits the car well. If it's any lighter shade of blue (like Estoril Blue), it will appear childish on a big sedan like 5 series.

In terms of maintenance, it's the same with all dark colors. Swirls will show and dirt will show, not to the extent of black paint, but will definitely require more care than say Bluestone.
Beauty! Last year I ordered my F10 same color without seeing and it does suit the car. I love all BMW blues, Med Blue is my fav. I do keep up with my swirls and make sure it's clean. Enjoy.