BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding WiFi

09-12-2018, 09:00 AM   #1
jwenga
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i

WiFi

Hi,

Brand new member here - just bought my first ever BMW - 540i sport. Kicking myself in the butt for not doing it earlier. I'm most likely hooked for life.... I am a converted Nissan guy...LOL

Anyhow, can someone shed some light on the wifi hotspot. I cant seem to get it to let me sign up. Once I connect to it via my phone, nothing happens when I open a browser. It appears to disconnect almost immediately. I am confused as to how the wifi is supposed to work???

Anyhelp is appreciated.

Joe
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 10:25 AM   #2
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwenga View Post
Hi,

Brand new member here - just bought my first ever BMW - 540i sport. Kicking myself in the butt for not doing it earlier. I'm most likely hooked for life.... I am a converted Nissan guy...LOL

Anyhow, can someone shed some light on the wifi hotspot. I cant seem to get it to let me sign up. Once I connect to it via my phone, nothing happens when I open a browser. It appears to disconnect almost immediately. I am confused as to how the wifi is supposed to work???

Anyhelp is appreciated.

Joe
You can get your connection activated by going through the Connected Drive store via your computer.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 11:05 PM   #3
jwenga
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i

Ok, so what I learned for those of you in the US is that the service is thru ATT. Just search ATT Car WiFi, sign up and activate your service with your car's phone #. It was actually quite easy once I knew who provided the service.
Appreciate 0