BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 530e

09-01-2019, 10:56 PM   #1
nph1007@yahoo.com
Rep
Drives: 530e

530e

Ordered my very first BMW at age 55 - a 2020 530e with Bluestone Metallic and Ivory White Nappa Leather with most of the bells n whistles.
Thinking of getting a black vinyl wrap on the hood. Any downsides? How will it look? Do plan on getting tinted as I am in the desert. What do u suggest?
All input greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 07:59 AM   #2
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

You will love it, I do. For tinting, I think the most important thing is to use a high quality nano ceramic tint. That will block a good bit of the heat.

A feature I love, also living in the desert, is the ability to turn on the AC remotely with the phone app. Did it yesterday. I was golfing and as I finished the 17th hole, I took out my phone and turned on the AC. By the time I got to my car it was very comfortable. The outside temp was well over 100.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 10:06 AM   #3
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Congrats! Exciting!

Be sure to post your order status at various stages so people can get an idea of how long it takes to get through the process.

For me, I am at 30 days in so far and just started exterior body assembly.

What options did you go with?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 02:04 PM   #4
nph1007@yahoo.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Congrats! Exciting!

Be sure to post your order status at various stages so people can get an idea of how long it takes to get through the process.

For me, I am at 30 days in so far and just started exterior body assembly.

What options did you go with?
• luxury design
• 19" 635 wheels
• Fineline wood trim
• Exec. Package
• Drive Assis +
• luxury seats
• HK sound
It's been 2 weeks since the order started. Supposed to get updates every 2 weeks from dealer. They quoted 7-9 weeks.
Thank u for the support n info.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 02:07 PM   #5
nph1007@yahoo.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
You will love it, I do. For tinting, I think the most important thing is to use a high quality nano ceramic tint. That will block a good bit of the heat.

A feature I love, also living in the desert, is the ability to turn on the AC remotely with the phone app. Did it yesterday. I was golfing and as I finished the 17th hole, I took out my phone and turned on the AC. By the time I got to my car it was very comfortable. The outside temp was well over 100.
So is there anything I should be insisting on the vinyl roof - brand, etc. Also on tinting.
Looking forward to using remote start n stepping into a cool car!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 02:56 PM   #6
Markw123
Rep

530e

agree the pre warm / cool is ace, especially in uk where it only ever gets to 80 degrees..!
The HK system is awesome, noticeably better than standard
the battery range could be better but i am still getting 45mpg

heated seats and wheel , heads up are all brilliant
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 03:33 PM   #7
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nph1007@yahoo.com View Post
• luxury design
• 19" 635 wheels
• Fineline wood trim
• Exec. Package
• Drive Assis +
• luxury seats
• HK sound
It's been 2 weeks since the order started. Supposed to get updates every 2 weeks from dealer. They quoted 7-9 weeks.
Get your production number from the dealer and you can track the status via BMW NA website and via their hotline. Very helpful.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 06:12 PM   #8
nph1007@yahoo.com
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
• luxury design
• 19" 635 wheels
• Fineline wood trim
• Exec. Package
• Drive Assis +
• luxury seats
• HK sound
Get your production number from the dealer and you can track the status via BMW NA website and via their hotline. Very helpful.
Will do. Thanks for heads up!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 08:22 PM   #9
nph1007@yahoo.com
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
• luxury design
• 19" 635 wheels
• Fineline wood trim
• Exec. Package
• Drive Assis +
• luxury seats
• HK sound
I got my production number. Where do I go on the website? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 02:01 AM   #10
enigma01
Fight On!
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3; g30 530e

Quote:
I got my production number. Where do I go on the website? Thanks
https://securelogin.bmwusa.com/

Create a new account if you don't have one yet and register your new vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 03:32 AM   #11
rikster01
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 X5 M Sport

Quote:
• luxury design
• 19" 635 wheels
• Fineline wood trim
• Exec. Package
• Drive Assis +
• luxury seats
• HK sound
I placed an order for a very similar car to yours in terms of colours, also around 2 weeks back, however from the UK. Initially I was told that the dealer was expecting delivery towards the back end of October but now sadly they've informed me that it'll probably go into production in November so potentially a December delivery. First new car that I've ever bought, the wait is going to kill me lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 08:43 AM   #12
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So is there anything I should be insisting on the vinyl roof - brand, etc. Also on tinting.
For the 530e, it is not remote start. It is remotely turning on the AC which then runs off the hybrid batteries. I primarily use it when I have been playing golf leaving the car unattended for hours in the sun. But heat is the enemy of batteries so I use batter control to save battery capacity on the way there to make sure I have ample battery capacity to start the AC.

I did it yesterday after playing golf in 100+ temperature. Started the AC as I arrived at the 18th tee box. The car was comfortable when I got to it in the parking lot.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 10:57 AM   #13
Wivenhoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e - delivered Nov 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikster01 View Post
I placed an order for a very similar car to yours in terms of colours, also around 2 weeks back, however from the UK. Initially I was told that the dealer was expecting delivery towards the back end of October but now sadly they've informed me that it'll probably go into production in November so potentially a December delivery. First new car that I've ever bought, the wait is going to kill me lol.
That’s not good news for me either. I ordered a fully spec’d 530e 2 weeks ago with Oct / Nov delivery. Haven’t rec’d any notifications yet, other than no changes. I made my order dependent upon the px value even if delivery is later than Nov, so the dealer is at risk for any delays.
One reason for going with the BMW is that the last 2 Mercedes (C350e & E350e) we’re delayed - in the end the C350e was 6 months and the E350e 9 months. They were saying a replacement E350e wouldn’t arrive before next March so I went with the Beemer !
My order doesn’t have the conditions on the back so hopefully they can’t try and increase the price after 31st Oct if they incur tariff’s !
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 11:07 AM   #14
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wivenhoe View Post
That’s not good news for me either. I ordered a fully spec’d 530e 2 weeks ago with Oct / Nov delivery. Haven’t rec’d any notifications yet, other than no changes. I made my order dependent upon the px value even if delivery is later than Nov, so the dealer is at risk for any delays.
One reason for going with the BMW is that the last 2 Mercedes (C350e & E350e) we’re delayed - in the end the C350e was 6 months and the E350e 9 months. They were saying a replacement E350e wouldn’t arrive before next March so I went with the Beemer !
My order doesn’t have the conditions on the back so hopefully they can’t try and increase the price after 31st Oct if they incur tariff’s !
I don't believe that any car company has a lock on quality. For some classes, BMW is better than MB, for others MB is better (IMHO). In the case of the plug in hybrids, the BMWs get much better reviews than the MBs.

So hang tight.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 07:54 AM   #15
rikster01
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wivenhoe View Post
I guess we have very similar timings, with regards to spec I think I went for most of the packages but not the visibility, but may actually add this in. I ordered from a Sytner dealership, and did query what would happen in the event of a no deal exit, and was told that the price on the order would be the price that I pay, so either the dealership or BMW would swallow the 10% tariff. Sadly I didn't get this in writing though, but I guess in the event that they do try to hit me with the charge, I'd walk away. They did say that they are pushing for an earlier build slot though, so hopefully I wont be waiting till December.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 08:51 AM   #16
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I used Suntek CIR but all the major manufacturers have similar products.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 03:13 AM   #17
Wivenhoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e - delivered Nov 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikster01 View Post
I guess we have very similar timings, with regards to spec I think I went for most of the packages but not the visibility, but may actually add this in. I ordered from a Sytner dealership, and did query what would happen in the event of a no deal exit, and was told that the price on the order would be the price that I pay, so either the dealership or BMW would swallow the 10% tariff. Sadly I didn't get this in writing though, but I guess in the event that they do try to hit me with the charge, I'd walk away. They did say that they are pushing for an earlier build slot though, so hopefully I wont be waiting till December.
Looks like even a Dec delivery will be ok after last nights vote !
Appreciate 0