BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos High Revving NA Driver’s Cars

11-21-2019, 12:23 PM   #67
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Factory Five offers Coyote mounts for their Cobra replicas. I'd have to imagine that works for the Voodoo as well.

I'd love to do that for a Daytona Coupe, but I keep hearing of oil issues.

Signed,
Guy that has done little to no research on the Voodoo "oil problem"
+1...love the sound. But you keep hearing of oiling and harmonics issues unless they have that worked out already.
      11-21-2019, 12:26 PM   #68
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
My Superformance GT40 has a throttle body injected Roush 511 cubic inch all-aluminum big-block Ford V8 (that's 8.4 liters, if you're thinking along in metric) mounted amidship. The front of the engine is about 8" behind your ear, separated from the passenger compartment by only a thin aluminum bulkhead and a piece of Plexiglass. Loud as fuck, to put it mildly. Naturally aspirated with 8 individual stacks and intake runners. The intake howl is something to behold. Mechanical throttle linkage - no drive-by-wire - so the throttle response is immediate, almost psychic.

And after about 45 minutes or so, you're ready to park it and put a bag of ice over your head.
Um, yeah... We're gonna need some more info. Pictures. Videos.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 01:11 PM   #69
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
That's another car I kind of regret letting go of. It made almost as much power stock as my current C6 with the mods it has. And stock it revved to what my current one does....but I had to install a cam in this one so that I could bump the rpm's as the LS3 tended to drop off pretty dramatically at/after 6500.
I had a cammed C6Z. It was fun & a car I got to check off of my "Must own" list. Don't really want another b/c hardtop. As you know, pretty easy to make a fast LS3 as well plus your roof comes off/top goes down. You made the right move IMO. My last Vette was a 600+ WHP blown C5. Faster than my 535 WHP C6Z, obviously, but I did enjoy the driving experience of my C6Z over the C5 minus the hardtop part.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      11-21-2019, 01:13 PM   #70
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Um, yeah... We're gonna need some more info. Pictures. Videos.
The only one I've got on my phone. Wheels and tires have been changed since this was taken - Jongbloeds with 18" fronts and 19" rears. And no, I didn't jack it up and line up the tire labels. Pure accident.
Attached Images

Rmtt8206.00
N54Yankee2706.00
Salty Dog3572.50
TheHaze152.00
MNoob1539.50
      11-21-2019, 01:15 PM   #71
b92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335is, 6MT

Quote:
The only one I've got on my phone. Wheels and tires have been changed since this was taken - Jongbloeds with 18" fronts and 19" rears. And no, I didn't jack it up and line up the tire labels. Pure accident.
That thing looks so raw
      11-21-2019, 01:18 PM   #72
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by b92 View Post
That thing looks so raw
It is. I wasn't completely prepared for that when I bought it.

The main thing I wasn't prepared for and still don't like is the amount of attention it attracts. I even went to the expense of installing a fuel tank in the garage at my cabin, where I keep the car, so I don't have to endure the same 10 stupid questions every time I stop for gas. Which is about every 150 miles.
      11-21-2019, 01:22 PM   #73
b92
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It is. I wasn't completely prepared for that when I bought it.

The main thing I wasn't prepared for and still don't like is the amount of attention it attracts. I even went to the expense of installing a fuel tank in the garage at my cabin, where I keep the car, so I don't have to endure the same 10 stupid questions every time I stop for gas. Which is about every 150 miles.
Dealing with the "want to trade?" questions is the #1 reason I don't own an exotic. My bank account's a close #2 though.
SherM4n630.00
      11-21-2019, 01:29 PM   #74
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Dealing with the "want to trade?" questions is the #1 reason I don't own an exotic. My bank account's a close #2 though.
It'll be on the market in a few weeks. I think I'm going to come out okay, in terms of ownership costs. I should probably cut Matt Damon in on the sale proceeds. I'm ready for something more practical. My GT filled that role, but it's getting a bit too mileage-sensitive to put a lot of miles on. It's had its reliability issues as well. The balance between "unique/fun" and "practical/feasible" is a tricky one.
      11-21-2019, 01:37 PM   #75
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It'll be on the market in a few weeks. I think I'm going to come out okay, in terms of ownership costs. I should probably cut Matt Damon in on the sale proceeds. I'm ready for something more practical. My GT filled that role, but it's getting a bit too mileage-sensitive to put a lot of miles on. It's had its reliability issues as well. The balance between "unique/fun" and "practical/feasible" is a tricky one.
True....but when they are behaving nicely there is nothing else like them. It's a love/hate relationship I have probably had with every 2nd and even 3rd (fun) car I have owned.

I always justified it with "well I still got the daily and the wife's car)!
      11-21-2019, 01:43 PM   #76
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
True....but when they are behaving nicely there is nothing else like them. It's a love/hate relationship I have probably had with every 2nd and even 3rd (fun) car I have owned.

I always justified it with "well I still got the daily and the wife's car)!
The older I get - and they had to invent dirt so I'd have something to scrape out from beneath my fingernails - the more I lean towards practical and dependable. And I live in Minne-snow-ta, so practical for Miami isn't practical here. Now that I've got a daily with well over 500 whp (my F15) that actually gets more fun to drive the shittier the roads are, that's changed my perspective on everything.
      11-21-2019, 02:19 PM   #77
b92
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm sure the market value has had a nice little spike since the movie came out, probably a good time to move on.

What are you thinking for your next one, P-car? I've always want to drive an AWD Porsche through the snow.
      11-21-2019, 02:23 PM   #78
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I just came. Any audio clips of this beast?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 02:24 PM   #79
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The older I get - and they had to invent dirt so I'd have something to scrape out from beneath my fingernails - the more I lean towards practical and dependable. And I live in Minne-snow-ta, so practical for Miami isn't practical here. Now that I've got a daily with well over 500 whp (my F15) that actually gets more fun to drive the shittier the roads are, that's changed my perspective on everything.
Not all hope is lost....I daily my Hellcat. Snow tires for winter, of course.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 02:27 PM   #80
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm sure the market value has had a nice little spike since the movie came out, probably a good time to move on.

What are you thinking for your next one, P-car? I've always want to drive an AWD Porsche through the snow.
Nah, my F15 will already humiliate just about anything in snow, short of a snowmobile. I haven't figured it out yet. I'm not super motivated to buy anything right now. The GF and I are house-shopping, so I need to focus on that first. If I blow that off and go car-shopping instead, I'll be in the doghouse for the whole winter.
      11-21-2019, 02:36 PM   #81
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Not all hope is lost....I daily my Hellcat. Snow tires for winter, of course.
Yeah, my BM3-tuned F15 wears Nokian Hakkapeliittas for the winter and is plenty fun. The shittier the roads get the faster it is, relative to the other 99.99% of cars out on the road that particular day/night. And it's a hell of a lot safer than something smaller and lower to the ground, given that a lot of what you're sharing the road with on a snowy day/night is Tahoes, F350s, and DOT snow plows.
      11-21-2019, 02:37 PM   #82
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
I just came. Any audio clips of this beast?
I have a long video at home on my NAS. I'll try to post something later tonight.
      11-21-2019, 04:09 PM   #83
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
These things don't corner worth a shit because your erection keeps getting stuck in the steering wheel.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      11-22-2019, 04:53 AM   #84
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
We have decent roads here...when they aren't all closed down for ongoing work even when they don't need it!

But I also live within an hour of the "Tail"...and all of the Parkway and Mountain roads. And my in-laws are to the NW of Boone. Just the trip to see them can turn into a fun little ride.

I'm in the same boat as you. We will be looking for our "last" house in the upcoming year...maybe end up building if we can't find what we want. But after that, I think I will be looking for another "fun" car that I would have already had if we were staying where we are at.

I just need a couple more garage doors.

May even "pop my my first Porsche car cherry".
GERMAN M34176.50
      11-22-2019, 05:58 AM   #85
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
We have decent roads here...when they aren't all closed down for ongoing work even when they don't need it!

But I also live within an hour of the "Tail"...and all of the Parkway and Mountain roads. And my in-laws are to the NW of Boone. Just the trip to see them can turn into a fun little ride.

I'm in the same boat as you. We will be looking for our "last" house in the upcoming year...maybe end up building if we can't find what we want. But after that, I think I will be looking for another "fun" car that I would have already had if we were staying where we are at.

pull the trigger on the porsche

Last edited by Salty Dog; 11-22-2019 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      11-22-2019, 08:38 AM   #86
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
These things don't corner worth a shit because your erection keeps getting stuck in the steering wheel.
And I want to make it clear that it's my own erection. I do have some standards of conduct for passengers.
      11-22-2019, 08:46 AM   #87
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
We should start a thread for stupid questions/comments asked of owners of nice cars.

"Is that an original, or a kit car?" "Is that a Ferrari?" "How much did that cost (or a variation thereof)?" "Is that thing fast?" "I bet it's not as fast as my buddy's [insert car name here]" "It's probably fast around corners, but I bet it's a dog off the line." "Does that thing come with a lawyer?"
      11-22-2019, 09:18 AM   #88
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Our roads here in Minnesota are good when they're open, but...there's an old joke that there are two seasons in Minnesota - winter, and road construction.
Salty Dog3572.50