BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions Subscribed Thread indicator

08-23-2005, 04:17 PM   #1
seh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Lightbulb Subscribed Thread indicator

I use the "Subscribe to this Thread" notification feature to keep an eye on threads I'm interested in. On bimmerfest, which appears to be running similar forum software, there's an indicator in the message list to denote threads I'm already subscribed to (a small check mark under the "Rating" column to the right of the thread title). Seeing that indicator helps me remember whether I've already taken and interest in or even posted to a particular thread. Would it be possible to add a similar indicator to the E90Post message list?

Also, while we're on the subject, there's a bug in the "Thread Tools" drop-down menu. If I'm already subscribed to a given thread, the menu still offers the "Subscribe to this Thread" option, and will gladly add another subscription for me if selected. By contrast, on bimmerfest, the "Thread Tools" menu for an already subscribed thread replaces "Subscribe to this Thread" with "Unsubscribe from this Thread". Obviously, this allows one to stop receiving updates from threads that wander off in the wrong direction.

I don't know if the bimmerfest administrators customized their software or if we can just change some options to enable the behavior described above, but it seems worth looking into.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2005, 05:17 PM   #2
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Not a problem, its an activated feature now ! I made the notifiication icon a little red check, so hopefully that stands out enough to let you know you are subscribed.

enjoy !

08-23-2005, 05:41 PM   #3
seh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Thumbs up

Wow, that was fast. The "Thread Tools" menu is updated too, I see.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0