BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions For Sale Picture Mandatory Suggestion to MODS

03-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
SeanS54
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 LCI 335i M-Sport

For Sale Picture Mandatory Suggestion to MODS

Hello Mods,

You guys should make posting pictures with your name on a written piece of paper mandatory on For Sale postings.

This will prevent For Sale ads without pictures as well as ensure that the seller actually has the product. It may not totally prevent scams but at least helps to prevent it.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

I vote against this, between all the restrictions for files that can be directly attached, this is a large annoyance

If you're a founded seller/forum member and selling things that are common items (JB3 for example), there's no need for a photo.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
SeanS54
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 LCI 335i M-Sport

posting pictures is simple... upload to your folder, copy image location and place in thread... piece of cake...

it's better then getting ripped off or reading a ton of for sale threads without actual pictures? without pictures how do you know 1) they actually have it, 2) the condition of the product?

it can be a jb3 but how do you know the pins aren't bent or damaged or something's missing?

if you're going sell something then you should take the time to do it right, post pics with a clear description...

this will be better for all the buyers in the long run..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #4
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalBear_335i View Post
posting pictures is simple... upload to your folder, copy image location and place in thread... piece of cake...

it's better then getting ripped off or reading a ton of for sale threads without actual pictures? without pictures how do you know 1) they actually have it, 2) the condition of the product?

it can be a jb3 but how do you know the pins aren't bent or damaged or something's missing?

if you're going sell something then you should take the time to do it right, post pics with a clear description...

this will be better for all the buyers in the long run..
upload to what folder? Most people don't know free image hosting sites that don't require logins off the top of the head. So for someone posting one thing, they will be spending 10 minutes fighting with that.

I'm simply saying requiring it is a waste and will simply drive people to post to the 5 million other forums that DON'T require it...in fact I've never seen a forum that REQUIRES photos

And requiring photos doesn't even solve the problem you just mentioned, or the problems of condition in general. The few people that DO post pictures of a JB3 don't post pictures of the pins. The pictures of tires that people sell don't always post close ups of the tread. so forth and so on.

My vote to no towards requiring still stands. If a buyer needs photos before they buy, then they request it...requiring photos gets noone anywhere. While you're at it, why don't we just start requiring youtube videos of a full walk around of the item... that's just as 'simple' as a photo.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 05:05 PM   #5
Forcefed3
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
I vote against this, between all the restrictions for files that can be directly attached, this is a large annoyance

If you're a founded seller/forum member and selling things that are common items (JB3 for example), there's no need for a photo.
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 06:55 PM   #6
JLausch
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 335i

Id say its the buyers responsibility to verify the deal. I always request pics, if someone doesn't have them hosted, they e-mail them to me, ive never really found it to be an issue. I agree pics are nice and welcomed, but i don't see the big deal.
Appreciate 0