BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Poll: Gentlemen: Purse Pinger?

02-24-2017, 06:40 PM   #1
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Poll: Gentlemen: Purse Pinger?

If your wife has Comfort Access for her own bimmer and she asks you to go get something out of her locked car for her and you aren't anywhere near the spare key:

Do you:

1. Dig aimlessly through her purse for what seems like an eternity looking for her BMW key?

2. To heck with that, you grab her purse and walk out to the car and let CA's proximity feature unlock the car as you grab the door handle? (Congrats, you are a purse pinger my man!)
Appreciate 1
DD335i117.00
      02-24-2017, 09:54 PM   #2
BMWMico
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 30e

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
If your wife has Comfort Access for her own bimmer and she asks you to go get something out of her locked car for her and you aren't anywhere near the spare key:

Do you:

1. Dig aimlessly through her purse for what seems like an eternity looking for her BMW key?

2. To heck with that, you grab her purse and walk out to the car and let CA's proximity feature unlock the car as you grab the door handle? (Congrats, you are a purse pinger my man!)
I would ask for the key.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 10:52 PM   #3
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWMico
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post

Do you:

I would ask for the key.
Interesting. Some guys aren't allowed in their wive's purse. I think once you have kids, every privacy element evaporates

My wife is 103 lbs, and she is a neat freak. But, her purse is the abyss. I feel uncomfortable rummaging around in purse. So, I never go into it. Instead, from a searching algorithm perspective, it's exponentially faster to just hand her bag over to her and let her find whatever it is she needs.

And, when she isn't close by and she directs me to get something out of the car, I find it easier to just bring her bag to the car and then pull the gender.

And that got me thinking that I can't be the only guy that does this.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2017, 07:25 PM   #4
SilverRevlis
Motiphd
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535 M Sport

I would just grab my wife's purse, but with a manly, football-going-for-1st-down type grip. Much easier than trying to fish out a key!
2010 Acura MDX SH-AWD Advance (hers/retired)
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2017, 10:59 PM   #5
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRevlis View Post
I would just grab my wife's purse, but with a manly, football-going-for-1st-down type grip. Much easier than trying to fish out a key!
That's what I'm talking about. I grab the purse and place it atop my left shoulder like you would carry a 2x4 lumber.
Appreciate 0