BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Collection experience

04-13-2017, 04:20 PM   #133
BiGFather
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive Mperformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30 View Post
I don't know if this helps, I ordered my car at the end of march And production was completed about 15 days after order went in. If I was you I would be going to a different dealer, money Is in your pockets why let the dealer jerk you around?
Because I paid deposit and signed the contract so if I say bye they let deposit + I have to pay 15% of car before discount or mb 25%.(cant remember now I have contract at home).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpainG30_520 View Post
Yes. Several warning messages appeared, disabling the assistance systems (autobreak, person, obstacle). Now, with the replacement camera wrong, the system doesn't allow any type of activation of the driving assistance.
I am glad that car says it. More scary would be malfunction without it..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 11:55 PM   #134
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Hi.

Here is quick update of my story...

The credit company wrote me again when will I have the car(I had to do all paperworks twice because there is limited period of validity -salary etc).
So I asked the dealer when it is going to be because I need to know it for credit company.
Is it normal that dealer really DOESNT know ? Because car should be ready this month..(or mb early June). If he doesnt give me the info I will have to do paperworks for the 3rd time..

I am starting to be really pis**d off but they are still so calm..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 12:52 AM   #135
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: I20 IX M60 Oxide Grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGFather View Post
Hi.

The credit company wrote me again when will I have the car(I had to do all paperworks twice because there is limited period of validity -salary etc).
So I asked the dealer when it is going to be because I need to know it for credit company.
Is it normal that dealer really DOESNT know ? Because car should be ready this month..(or mb early June). If he doesnt give me the info I will have to do paperworks for the 3rd time..

Dude we've been through this - when an order is placed you have an order number. That number can be tracked - is there no way for you to speak to Bmw central in your country?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 01:34 AM   #136
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigmundUK View Post
Dude we've been through this - when an order is placed you have an order number. That number can be tracked - is there no way for you to speak to Bmw central in your country?
I have no number of order.. he didnt give it to me and avoided write it for me when I asked for it.
I am not sure there is some "official central" I think there are 3 or 4 bmw authorized saloons.

Update : I asked on bmw.cz and they said I must ask my dealer and they said "It is maybe in your contract but I dont know you must ask your dealer."
+ that they dont have tracking option on sites.Btw my frined ordered bmw in other saloon than me and he said he has no tracking number too. Only information "it will be in july"

Last edited by BiGFather; 05-04-2017 at 01:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 04:09 AM   #137
Tony_Soprano
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 520d

Quote:
I have no number of order.. he didnt give it to me and avoided write it for me when I asked for it.
I am not sure there is some "official central" I think there are 3 or 4 bmw authorized saloons.

Update : I asked on bmw.cz and they said I must ask my dealer and they said "It is maybe in your contract but I dont know you must ask your dealer."
+ that they dont have tracking option on sites.Btw my frined ordered bmw in other saloon than me and he said he has no tracking number too. Only information "it will be in july"
That seems really strange. When I bought my car I was given a written contract that had all the details of options ordered, how much I was allowed on trade in, mileage of trade in, expected date of delivery etc..
The dealer signed it, I signed it and we both got a copy. Basically it covers them and you if the car comes in and the spec is different that what was ordered. At the top of the page there is a contract number.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 06:20 AM   #138
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Your contract has the order number. If you don't have a contract - have you handed over any money??
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 07:33 AM   #139
emre
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive

BiGFather That works more or less the same way also here.
I did not get any order number either.

I just have a paper listing all the options i specced , it shows the total amount , the discount applied and the final price.

I wired the deposit, I have the bank receipt and delaer has the copy.
Once the car arrives, I will pay the outstanding amount and dealer will go ahead with the registration process afterwards.

I don't have a production date yet, during order placement they advised it will be some time in June.
Dealer will get a build week confirmation from Germany within the next days and they will let me know accordingly. That's all the info i will get about my order.

From past experience , I think they will get build week info 3 to 4 weeks prior to the actual production date.

G30 540i xDrive M Sport MPPSK / BM3
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 07:42 AM   #140
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by emre View Post
BiGFather That works more or less the same way also here.
I did not get any order number either.

I just have a paper listing all the options i specced , it shows the total amount , the discount applied and the final price.

I wired the deposit, I have the bank receipt and delaer has the copy.
Once the car arrives, I will pay the outstanding amount and dealer will go ahead with the registration process afterwards.

I don't have a production date yet, during order placement they advised it will be some time in June.
Dealer will get a build week confirmation from Germany within the next days and they will let me know accordingly. That's all the info i will get about my order.

From past experience , I think they will get build week info 3 to 4 weeks prior to the actual production date.
Wow. Strange but there must be a reason somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 03:05 PM   #141
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

emreyes, same me. I also have in contract that delivery will be latest 15.5.2017. But if I read carefully, I will find an information that they can delay up to 3months in case if the Ger has some problems with production.

Today called me a woman from bank that she wrote a mail to my dealer because of credit and he still didn't response her so she copied informations which she need for my credit asking me if I can resend it to him

Btw today he replied my funny email " Dear Mr.XY I am so sorry but there is problem with 540i... it takes really long than other engines. I have no a tiny bit clue when they will make it so about the delivery.. I am sorry and I will inform you.."

L-O-L. That's it. And when I wrote to bmw.cz they replied anything like "contact your dealer".

My friend ordered 320d and had it in 3weeks, another bought 530d for his family and had it in 5weeks.
My order has been placed in 3rd week of Feb and still haven't information about something.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 09:48 PM   #142
54Me
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5

Perspective is key to humility. I'm going to stop complaining about my 3 day delivery delay and start praying for someone from corporate in Germany to get wind of this guy's story and put the fear of God into the con artists at BMW.CZ...
Appreciate 1
ZigmundUK436.00
      05-05-2017, 03:22 AM   #143
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Well I typed him an email where I said that I would probably cancel an order and want moneyback.

He said please dont do it .. and then that they have some problems and will pray for July production.

What the.... I placed the order in Feb, he said April, but May sure and now he says July-Aug? I am soo sad now :-(
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 03:32 AM   #144
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well I typed him an email where I said that I would probably cancel an order and want moneyback.

He said please dont do it .. and then that they have some problems and will pray for July production.

What the.... I placed the order in Feb, he said April, but May sure and now he says July-Aug? I am soo sad now :-(
How comes you got no traction with BMW in your country?

Although saying that I remember an extremely frustrating chat I had with Bmw uk about the timing chain on my 520d...
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 05:08 AM   #145
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Although saying that I remember an extremely frustrating chat I had with Bmw uk about the timing chain on my 520d...
I have no idea mate. Btw What was the problem with ur 520d?

My friend doesnt have the tracking number too but they delivered him car in time they told him. (well 1 week sooner)
He asked his dealer(its his friend, unlucky me I didnt know him before) why this happened to me.
He said that my dealer is an id**t because they know anything about orders, they must coordinate it. Also that 540i is restricted engine and about confirmation from Germany.
He said that an order in Feb -> delivery July/Aug is total bullsh*t he had to forgot or did something wrong.

Well my dealer told me he will solve it with highes priority as chief seller and discuss it with boss for import etc etc etc..

Someone here said "I hope you are not a victim" or something like that.
Appreciate 1
ZigmundUK436.00
      05-05-2017, 06:15 AM   #146
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

My friend doesnt have the tracking number too but they delivered him car in time they told him. (well 1 week sooner)
He asked his dealer(its his friend, unlucky me I didnt know him before) why this happened to me.
He said that my dealer is an id**t because they know anything about orders, they must coordinate it. Also that 540i is restricted engine and about confirmation from Germany.
He said that an order in Feb -> delivery July/Aug is total bullsh*t he had to forgot or did something wrong.

Well my dealer told me he will solve it with highes priority as chief seller and discuss it with boss for import etc etc etc..

I think you should start your own thread and put details in there. Then point your dealer to it and say you're happy to put in their specific details too if they don't get this sorted.

Edit: oh and my 520d: the old n47 engine had these known issues. Everyone knew it and Bmw did a recall at one point but then shut the doors.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 08:03 AM   #147
Tony_Soprano
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 520d

Quote:

He doesn't strike me as very professional. 3 months after ordering it and you are no wiser as to when you are getting it is unacceptable. Can you cancel it and get your deposit back? If you could I would do that and order off of the dealer that your friend knows. Do you really want to be dealing with this guy if the car gives a problem?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 09:23 AM   #148
HerbBE
Rep
Drives: F11 - 2013

Quote:
Hi.

Hi, maybe the below remark is what causes the problem although seems you are living in the country where you order it. I was not and ordered my F10 left hand drive in a right hand drive country. Always exciting when you need to pick it up. )
I asked BMW diplomatic sales about delivery when i now order a new G30. In the beginning i also got some answers like "in a few months" but now they explained me the real issue.

"The process of ordering the car is slightly more complicated for us. As the UK is not a LHD market the factory system which the other UK dealers use does not accept LHD orders. This means that in instances where we are ordering a LHD model for the first time a new model code must be opened on the system in Germany to allow us to order that specific car in a LHD variant for our market. This can take up to a month to complete, and as it is carried out in Germany there is nothing I can do to speed the process up.

Once the model code is open we must put the order into the factory system and once again as the UK is not a LHD market we do not have factory allocation for LHD production. So we must apply to Germany again to give us extra quota to fill our LHD orders on top of the RHD quota which is allocated at the start of the year.

This is why our delivery times are longer than your local dealer as a lot of the processes that need to be completed especially when it’s a new model like the new 5 Series are carried out in Munich. We are currently quoting delivery in August for the new 5 Series."
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 03:52 PM   #149
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Thank you guys for replies for me. I have created new thread for it. I dont want to make spam from me here. Please if you like, continue in mine
Appreciate 0