BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Vehicle delayed!

05-07-2017, 02:06 PM   #23
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 (G01) xDrive20i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSKI View Post
Well originally my car was going to be here week 21...
I then changed my order and it was put back to week 24 - my fault for changing I guess.
Checked again today and now the expected time for production is week 35
Delivery won't be until around week 38/39
They can't tell me why.
Balls!
No way mate, totally feel your pain.

I was first quoted it would be delivered 21st July with production starting in June. I Ordered 24th April

Then two days later went to end of September delivery i was like WTF the only way i knew was from the BMW Genius,

Called my dealer then they said they will contact the plant where it will be getting built and see whats going on.

Now i have these details:

The current status of your BMW is on 1200 "Scheduled for production" with the estimated delivery will be around the 24th week in June.

The estimated delivery is from 10th-18 in June.

I tried to chat today to see if it was the same but their systems were getting updated due to the new builds of today so to try tomorrow which i will.

ZigmundUK said it looked like me and you have been swapped but they wont tell me which plant it is being built from.

I have ordered a 530i though not 540i

My dealership has a lush pre reg 540i with all the bells and whistles tried to sell me it but mrs said what am i going to do with a car like that with two kids in the back. lol

The dealer should be able to change it if they are a big dealer, that is what i have heard from the forum also swap with another dealer too.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 02:18 PM   #24
BMWSKI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E63 AMG Saloon :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboUK View Post

I was first quoted it would be delivered 21st July with production starting in June. I Ordered 24th April

Then two days later went to end of September delivery i was like WTF the only way i knew was from the BMW Genius,

Called my dealer then they said they will contact the plant where it will be getting built and see whats going on.

The current status of your BMW is on 1200 "Scheduled for production" with the estimated delivery will be around the 24th week in June.

I tried to chat today to see if it was the same but their systems were getting updated due to the new builds of today so to try tomorrow which i will.

ZigmundUK said it looked like me and you have been swapped but they wont tell me which plant it is being built from.

My dealership has a lush pre reg 540i with all the bells and whistles tried to sell me it but mrs said what am i going to do with a car like that with two kids in the back. lol

The dealer should be able to change it if they are a big dealer, that is what i have heard from the forum also swap with another dealer too.
Hi mate. There's something weird going on here by the look of it!
How can there be a delay on engines and then all of a sudden someone gets bumped forward and someone else bumped back??? By a lot!
I'm fed up now. Might just get a used vehicle and deal with it again next year...
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 02:21 PM   #25
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue

Quote:
Quote:

How can there be a delay on engines and then all of a sudden someone gets bumped forward and someone else bumped back??? By a lot!
I'm fed up now. Might just get a used vehicle and deal with it again next year...
Hint, hint I'll even deliver
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 02:29 PM   #26
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yeah defo mate it does sound a bit crazy. I didnt say what was quoted to me to my dealer and when they came back with this date i didnt say anything.

Might be worth getting your dealer to speak to the plant and see what they can do. it took my dealer a couple of days to get back to me but worth a try. There must be people cancelling orders changes etc all thew time which may push them back and you possibly take their slot?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 02:54 PM   #27
BiGFather
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive Mperformance

Oh crap it is mb really problem all over the Europe.
I dunno what to do.. As I wrote in my thread my estimated delivery was 15.5., placed an order in Febuary. Before this weekend my dealer told me that will be soonest in July(if we pray).. But a few days before said May is 100% lol.

I dont wanna pay much more for 50i and I dont wanna diesel. And also dont wanna wait to July or much laters :-(

Seems we are screwed..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 03:45 PM   #28
BMWSKI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yeah defo mate it does sound a bit crazy. I didnt say what was quoted to me to my dealer and when they came back with this date i didnt say anything.

Might be worth getting your dealer to speak to the plant and see what they can do. it took my dealer a couple of days to get back to me but worth a try. There must be people cancelling orders changes etc all thew time which may push them back and you possibly take their slot?
Hopefully I'll find out more tomorrow...
What are the details of the 540 you were offered?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 03:46 PM   #29
BMWSKI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
Hint, hint I'll even deliver
Ha ha
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 04:26 PM   #30
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: I20 IX M60 Oxide Grey

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Well originally my car was going to be here week 21...
I then changed my order and it was put back to week 24 - my fault for changing I guess.
Checked again today and now the expected time for production is week 35
Delivery won't be until around week 38/39
They can't tell me why.
Balls!

Hehe I saw that today. Has the 20 inch wheels. They were just cleaning it to put into the showroom again...
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 04:30 PM   #31
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Contact Lloyd BMW in Newcastle. Chap called Carl Palmer is sorting me out - he's not in tomorrow but tbh you could get through to anyone else if you call tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 04:40 PM   #32
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Guys about the 540i engines.. what is problem there ? limited number or released problem ?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 02:03 AM   #33
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Here it is mate if you do go for it let me know, i have bought a few from them and they may do a better deal they have looked after me.

DM me if you are interested after looking at this spec.

55K i think they were offering but 61k new with all the spec in if i remember
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 540i.pdf (52.5 KB, 119 views)
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 02:07 AM   #34
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigmundUK View Post
Hehe I saw that today. Has the 20 inch wheels. They were just cleaning it to put into the showroom again...
Yeah it was a lush drive like but may be one day or when the H comes out

Kids will be older then and can get them to influence the mother
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 02:11 AM   #35
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki021 View Post
I have a different problem, my car was scheduled to arrive in week 21, but today they called me and told me that the car is on the truck and arriving today!
Mate you have got lucky send some pics when it arrives so we can get a fix till our cars arrive once built
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 02:13 AM   #36
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Here it is mate if you do go for it let me know, i have bought a few from them and they may do a better deal they have looked after me.

Did you forget to post the link?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 02:14 AM   #37
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Its a PDF mate the spec from the garage can you see it? 540i.pdf
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 02:15 AM   #38
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Its a PDF mate the spec from the garage can you see it? 540i.pdf
Aha no I'm on the app - maybe that's why.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 02:19 AM   #39
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Aha no I'm on the app - maybe that's why.
Possibly mate but the spec is in there on the .pdf

yeah been on the app you cant see the .pdf attached thats weird thought they would show it on there but defo shows up on the site
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 04:02 AM   #40
BMWSKI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Thanks for this. Not quite the right spec but maybe... So is it new or pre reg?
Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 04:03 AM   #41
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for this. Not quite the right spec but maybe... So is it new or pre reg?
Cheers!
That is a pre reg mate so will be on the old Road tax too.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 05:44 AM   #42
Laki021
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

Quote:
Mate you have got lucky send some pics when it arrives so we can get a fix till our cars arrive once built
Well, I realized how lucky I am after reading some posts here on the forum. Apparently there is a shortage of 40i engines, so getting one before the schedule makes me very lucky indeed
4 more days (settling paperwork at the moment), it feels like 4 years...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 06:52 AM   #43
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki021 View Post
Well, I realized how lucky I am after reading some posts here on the forum. Apparently there is a shortage of 40i engines, so getting one before the schedule makes me very lucky indeed
4 more days (settling paperwork at the moment), it feels like 4 years...
Indeed. Gz man.

btw do you know any details/reasons of shortage ? They expected not so big interest or is there some factory problem with it ?

Other dealer from Czech told me that 550i has no problems with delivery like the 540i. I dunno why cuz I thought 550i is much more expensive..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 07:46 AM   #44
Laki021
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

Not sure how accurate this is, but you can find it in one of the posts in this thread:

Quote:
My dealer finally called today and said there are issues getting the 40i engines. Apparently there are strikes happening at BMW and this could affect supply. He said the engines were built here in the UK.
Appreciate 0