BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Is the G30 selling well?

10-08-2017, 03:41 AM   #89
jackaleyess
Lieutenant
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i M-sport (sold), 2018

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishanbmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackaleyess View Post
Wow. I hope we will be having 520d too. Currently only 530i Msport soldiering on. Our previous 520d is around the same price as HK.

By the way, price in HK and Malaysia ????
I m from singapore. 530i is 245k sgd after 35k discount.

520d is 564k in hk,
Tats crazy bro. N I know ur 530i in Sgpore is non M sport. But S$245k is crazy! Haha! Our last F10 520d Msport is around RM298k.
      10-08-2017, 07:35 AM   #90
bishanbmw
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW 523I(E60)

Quote:
Tats crazy bro. N I know ur 530i in Sgpore is non M sport. But S$245k is crazy! Haha! Our last F10 520d Msport is around RM298k.
Yes the price is for non M sport.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 10:33 AM   #91
jackaleyess
Lieutenant
Malaysia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishanbmw View Post
Quote:
Yes the price is for non M sport.
Phew.... n I wonder how Sgporean can afford it! But I do envy you guys for having 540i M sport as flagship model before M5 arrives. If we wan a mid size 3 litre and powerful enough, E43 is the only way.
      10-10-2017, 10:12 PM   #92
solomonshv
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6

Garage List
Quote:
Phew.... n I wonder how Sgporean can afford it! But I do envy you guys for having 540i M sport as flagship model before M5 arrives. If we wan a mid size 3 litre and powerful enough, E43 is the only way.
in the US, E43 costs the same as an M550, both start around $71,000 USD. does BMW not offer either 540 or m550 in your country?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 10:24 PM   #93
jackaleyess
Lieutenant
Malaysia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomonshv View Post
Quote:
in the US, E43 costs the same as an M550, both start around $71,000 USD. does BMW not offer either 540 or m550 in your country?
Nope, i think BMW will go for M5 straight. It is not feasible to launch 540i and M550i since both will be costly for ordinary ppl. And to those who can afford it is either minister's sons or cronies. Therefore, they would go straight to flagship since their money comes easily.
      10-10-2017, 10:46 PM   #94
solomonshv
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6

Garage List
Quote:
Nope, i think BMW will go for M5 straight. It is not feasible to launch 540i and M550i since both will be costly for ordinary ppl. And to those who can afford it is either minister's sons or cronies. Therefore, they would go straight to flagship since their money comes easily.
i drove an E43, it's not worth the asking price even in the US. how about Audi? do they offer a 6 cylinder A6? maybe an S6? if so, it will be worth it to wait until they update the car for the next model year. it will be A LOT cheaper and just as good if not better than an E43.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 10:57 PM   #95
jackaleyess
Lieutenant
Malaysia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomonshv View Post
Quote:
i drove an E43, it's not worth the asking price even in the US. how about Audi? do they offer a 6 cylinder A6? maybe an S6? if so, it will be worth it to wait until they update the car for the next model year. it will be A LOT cheaper and just as good if not better than an E43.
We have Audi A6 with 3 litre which is significantly cheaper than E43. While we do not have S6, I dl see RS6 around tho. Good that cars in the US is affordable.
      11-08-2017, 04:39 AM   #96
Gmoney El Nene
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i M

l live in MD, USA and I've only seen one G30 5 series on the road in the past year. I've seen at least 20 MB e classes on the road. I don't think they are selling well. Too bad. It's an amazing car. better than the E class imop.

2018 540xi MSport, Med Blue/Mocha
Exec Pack, Cove Mat, HK, Carplay, Lux Seats
19"664M, Wifi, Driving Assistant
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 05:55 AM   #97
DBV1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5d 2021 Tesla S

I don’t think I have seen on new 5 series in the Cleveland area, except mine. Tons of E classes though. I am sure there are some around here, just rare.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 08:11 AM   #98
Delija
VIP
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive

http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales.../bmw-5-series/
http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales...-benz-e-class/
      11-08-2017, 01:18 PM   #99
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Starting to see some around London now. Even followed one on the M40 today. De-badged and didn't notice what model it might have been.

Was in Kiev last few days and saw a couple out there as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 09:00 PM   #100
Gmoney El Nene
Private
Rep

I guess the question is, why is the g30 selling so poorly? OK perhaps not poorly... but why is it selling so far below the MB E class? I drove both cars and I can tell you that the 5, IMO, had better road presence, road feel, sporty driving character, ergonomics, etc...... The MB Command System is an absolute ergonomic nightmare. The only place where the E has the 5 beat is the fact that it looks very different than the previous E class. It definitely looks like a new model. Love or loath it, the new E Class draws your eye.

I believe the reason why the G30 5 series is not selling as well may be the fact that it looks too familiar to the F10. The styling is not avant guard enough. It may be too evolutionary and not revolutionary enough. I personally love the car's look compared to the e class. It is handsome and rugged. However that may be the problem.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by Gmoney El Nene; 11-08-2017 at 09:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 10:39 PM   #101
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoney El Nene View Post
I guess the question is, why is the g30 selling so poorly? OK perhaps not poorly... but why is it selling so far below the MB E class? I drove both cars and I can tell you that the 5, IMO, had better road presence, road feel, sporty driving character, ergonomics, etc...... The MB Command System is an absolute ergonomic nightmare. The only place where the E has the 5 beat is the fact that it looks very different than the previous E class. It definitely looks like a new model. Love or loath it, the new E Class draws your eye.

I believe the reason why the G30 5 series is not selling as well may be the fact that it looks too familiar to the F10. The styling is not avant guard enough. It may be too evolutionary and not revolutionary enough. I personally love the car's look compared to the e class. It is handsome and rugged. However that may be the problem.

What are your thoughts?
I see G30s much more commonly in the North East compared to E class. Is that the impression elsewhere in the U.K?
      11-08-2017, 11:09 PM   #102
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Quote:

What are your thoughts?
My take on is that MB is selling more cars in general compared to BMW , W222 S Class also outsells G11/12 7 Series
I don't like W213 since it was come out ,it looks nothing but a stretched W205 to me . There's nothing wrong with W205 styling but the similarity is beyond my tolerances ,sorry

As for F10 vs G30 . I can recognize F10 from a hefty distance and G30 is verily different than F10 both inside in /out and with Adaptive Icon Lights the difference in front is even more dramatic
Another reason why G30 is still not as ubiquitous as other cars must be F10s are already good cars and people don't wanna swap them for a newer model.To make matters worse, there's a saga that suggests avoiding first year cars .I think we will be seeing more G30s but it doesn't bother me nor does it vex me not seeing G30s around
      11-09-2017, 02:55 AM   #103
Delija
VIP
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive

Quote:
I guess the question is, why is the g30 selling so poorly? OK perhaps not poorly... but why is it selling so far below the MB E class?
Have you even read the links I've posted?

Benz was always ahead, but the difference for 2017. is not so significant.
These are the US sales figures.
Attached Images

11-09-2017, 03:55 AM   #104
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Here in the West Midlands, I am now seeing a lot of G30's, almost as many as E class'. Which I was surprised about because the E class has been out longer.

This is a recent thing though (last 3 weeks or so). Prior to that I saw maybe 1 per week, now I am seeing maybe 1 per day in my area.

I often see C class' and think they're E class' though Have to look at the front grilles extra carefully if I can't see the boot badge.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 04:16 AM   #105
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:

What are your thoughts?
I kinda agree with you on styling. I personally love the look of it but for many others it's hardly any different. My partner just can't pick up the difference unless I point them out to her. I think BMW really needs to start pushing the design envelope than tweaking them all the time.
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2017, 05:20 AM   #106
Laki021
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

I would say great sales results.
Let's hope for even better next year once the model reaches full availability.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 05:23 AM   #107
Gmoney El Nene
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delija View Post
Quote:
I guess the question is, why is the g30 selling so poorly? OK perhaps not poorly... but why is it selling so far below the MB E class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delija View Post
Quote:

I did see your post. I do see that it's only about 1 thoudand units behind monthly, except in Jan were it only sold 729. BTW, thanks for the link. It's good Intel.

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 05:48 AM   #108
Laki021
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

In January they were still selling the old model. March was the first full month of the G30 sales.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 06:00 AM   #109
ArchJR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 i4 xDrive40

Quote:
The styling is not avant guard enough. It may be too evolutionary and not revolutionary enough.
The difference in appeal stems from buyers' perceptions of the image each car projects. More buyers seek a luxury car that projects an image of wealth or success than understated elegance or performance. Mercedes amped up the former with its shrunken S-class body and bling-tastic interior, while BMW doubled down on the latter, especially in non-MSport garb.

It is astonishing really, because the volume of the E-class sales segment (in the U.S. market) is the lightly optioned E300. The engine makes it weaker and less efficient than the 530i, there is no hyrdrid-for-the-same-price option, and it has a seriously awkward IP with analog gauges "pasted" onto a black panel. But it does have that three-pointed star.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 06:20 AM   #110
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

I remember when the F10 came out it took a while to see many out on the road. Similar now with the G30.

In London, I had previously only seen a handful to date; but have seen probably the same amount again in the last two weeks - since I got mine! I expect to see more of them out in the wild by the end of the year.

I had hardly seen any new 7 Series - then when I was on a transfer bus between plane and arrival gate at London Heathrow airport the other day, I saw about 12 of them in one go, all in black! (All being used as VIP transfer cars)
Appreciate 0