BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Steering Wheels!

09-24-2017, 10:16 AM   #45
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by morellomax View Post
It's a shame but Bimmerfest G30 forum seems to be like that at the moment. Hard to bite your lip sometimes....
Yeah, there's a couple of users who seem to be appearing in every thread and just always taking things to a personal level. Its like a school playground at times. I'm sure you know who I'm referring to
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 11:22 AM   #46
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i xDrive convertible

In a crowded field, the guy with the red Porsche pic as his sig is my favourite. I'm picking up so many tips on internet etiquette
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 11:44 AM   #47
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
In a crowded field, the guy with the red Porsche pic as his sig is my favourite. I'm picking up so many tips on internet etiquette
oh boy, don't get me started...
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 03:19 AM   #48
Laki021
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post
Interesting. I assumed it was plastic because, well, "BMW ennit". But admittedly I didn't really pay any attention to it.

Is it the same as the metal used at the bottom edge of the trim that runs across the top of the dash and door cards?
Yes, it's the same material.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 05:45 AM   #49
nsa100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 540i & G30 540i M Sport

UPDATE

Spoke to the dealer this morning and they are looking into it.

I asked them to check the other G31 they built for me (EXACT SAME SPEC, but different exterior colour) and forgot to cancel the order which is in their showroom. I presume this was built at the same time because it arrived on the same delivery.

It has the correct M Sport Wheel !

Anyway will wait and see what the reason is.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 05:49 AM   #50
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa100 View Post
UPDATE

Spoke to the dealer this morning and they are looking into it.

I asked them to check the other G31 they built for me (EXACT SAME SPEC, but different exterior colour) and forgot to cancel the order which is in their showroom. I presume this was built at the same time because it arrived on the same delivery.

It has the correct M Sport Wheel !

Anyway will wait and see what the reason is.
So they re-created your order without telling you or did they tell you?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 06:47 AM   #51
nsa100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS-UK View Post
So they re-created your order without telling you or did they tell you?
I was not informed that they had re-created a new order. I am speaking with my Salesman. He said their admin had made a mistake by not cancelling my original build.

I am not sure the exact steps that they took, but originally I ordered Bluestone metallic and then before the cut-off date to lock the car into build I changed to Metallic Black and changed the Driving Assistant Plus for just the Adaptive Cruise option.

Funnily enough I was checking the final prices again on the online configurator the day before collection, I saw that they had a Bluestone Metallic available for delivery, which of course was the one in the showroom they forgot to cancel.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 06:52 AM   #52
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
My guess is that they recreated your order without telling you. I am pretty sure order number doesn?t change when you make changes. I?ve been doing that to my current G30 that?s on order and the number has remained constant. Interesting question is why did they recreate your order? :
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 08:01 AM   #53
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
My guess is that they recreated your order without telling you. I am pretty sure order number doesn?t change when you make changes. I?ve been doing that to my current G30 that?s on order and the number has remained constant. Interesting question is why did they recreate your order? :
If they did re-create the order, why did the 2nd car end up being delivered at the same time as the original order?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 08:06 AM   #54
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post
Quote:
If they did re-create the order, why did the 2nd car end up being delivered at the same time as the original order?
Good point. Maybe they slapped the options on one of the existing stock car orders or gave him one that was very close. Either way, something has gone wrong and they ought to explain to NSA100.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 02:35 PM   #55
Flyingscotsman
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: G30 520d se

Quote:
I think he's quite funny, and I tend to agree with some of the stuff he says lol
I find myself biting my lip and trying really, REALLY hard to not say EXACTLY what I'm thinking on there.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 07:37 AM   #56
nsa100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Another Update: I had to chase the dealer again today as I had not had any contact from them since 26 Sept. Anyway they are still looking into why mine had the wrong steering wheel........Not happy they are not jumping on it and just changing the wheel!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 02:04 PM   #57
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Another Update: I had to chase the dealer again today as I had not had any contact from them since 26 Sept. Anyway they are still looking into why mine had the wrong steering wheel........Not happy they are not jumping on it and just changing the wheel!
That is truly shocking customer service from the dealer. Possibly worth flagging to BMW customer service. No one expects that kinda service given what we pay for these cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 02:18 PM   #58
nsa100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That is truly shocking customer service from the dealer. Possibly worth flagging to BMW customer service. No one expects that kinda service given what we pay for these cars.
I know I always give them chance but I am the one always chasing.
I always speak with the same sales man, but he is really testing my patience!

It has been like this through the whole purchase process.... in fact he lost the sale of 2 cars in the past by not getting back to me. I always give people another chance, and don't want to over react but I am really pissed off now.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 03:22 PM   #59
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

If dealer close by why not pop in?harder for them to brush you off
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 04:15 PM   #60
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I know I always give them chance but I am the one always chasing.
I always speak with the same sales man, but he is really testing my patience!

It has been like this through the whole purchase process.... in fact he lost the sale of 2 cars in the past by not getting back to me. I always give people another chance, and don't want to over react but I am really pissed off now.
I know what you mean about giving people a chance. Some people just don?t appreciate our efforts. Might as well get BMW UK involved if they?ve been like that throughout the process. Nothing like lighting a fire underneath for some people to treat customers fairly.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 07:01 PM   #61
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

In all seriousness, I would get BMW HQ on the case if the dealer is not showing the correct amount of 'customer service'.

It is black and white to me: M Sport cars in the U.K., including the G31, come with the M Sport wheel. For whatever reason, yours did not.

Either they rectify, or come to an arrangement with you. If you mutually agree not to change the steering wheel and keep as is, then part of the agreement should be some form of 'goodwill' recognition towards you.

Whether that is a BMW weekend bag, watch, fuel card, some cash, etc, is up to you to decide if appropriate or not.

Personally, I would start at something/at a value of 500 GBP.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2017, 05:12 AM   #62
nsa100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
If dealer close by why not pop in?harder for them to brush you off
It's not that I know I can go in and see them, but I have been very busy at the moment. I am annoyed that, I give them time to sort it out (2 weeks) and no phone call to say it is getting resolved.

I sell machinery, and if my customer has a fault or problem, even though we may not me able to fix it straight away, out of courtesy I always phone the customer, even if there is no news, just to show we haven't forgotten about him.

Of course when I collected the car the salesman said "please remember to give me a good report on the BMW survey.....blah blah blah"
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 01:15 PM   #63
manilae90
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 520d G30

Garage List
2006 320i  [0.00]
Have you tried punching in your VIN on one of those VIN decoders to see the actual options on your car? Sometimes the steering wheel selection shows up there
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 02:11 PM   #64
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilae90 View Post
Have you tried punching in your VIN on one of those VIN decoders to see the actual options on your car? Sometimes the steering wheel selection shows up there
Yes he did, see post #25 in this thread. It states that he has the non-M Sports wheel, so it is accurate with regards to what is fitted to the car. The problem is just that that's not what he ordered.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 03:47 AM   #65
nsa100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Update: No News......my dealer sent me a personalised video apologising for not calling me when promised (usual story) he said they are still looking into it.

How long do I give them to sort it?

Do I reject the car?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 03:51 AM   #66
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Update: No News......my dealer sent me a personalised video apologising for not calling me when promised (usual story) he said they are still looking into it.

How long do I give them to sort it?

Do I reject the car?
I would tell them I am rejecting the car, which will then prompt them to do something.

At the moment, they have no incentive to sort it out.
Appreciate 0