BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Cosmetic Modifications 530e M performance kit

07-16-2019, 01:27 PM   #1
Markw123
Rep
Drives: 530e

530e M performance kit

Evening,
new round here so go gentle.

i have just bought a 530e, which on the face of it is boring but in reality a great car with all the gadgets.
looks a bit rubbish at the mo but i have just been offered a m performance kit and genuine m5 wheels for £1500..! seller paid £7.5k 2 years ago.

How easy is it to remove kit from his and fit to mine.. bearing in mind im reasonable useless.!!

or anyone in Devon want to do it for me

Mark
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 05:11 PM   #2
dlf750
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i M Package

Garage List
not sure what the M performance kit actually is but if it's the front and rear spoilers, rear diffuser/lower bumper trim and possibly side skirt extensions, it's not impossible by any means but it could provide difficult and time consuming (worth it for the money though). If it's held on my 3M type tape, you can use fishing line to get those pieces off and then clean up his car. The diffuser/lower bumper come off very easily, they are just bolted on. Same with the extensions on the sides, I don't know if there's any tape there, just a lot of screws/bolts.

Now, if someone used a product like Betalink, you're going to have an issue. I don't know if that stuff comes off without ruining the paint, it's like an extremely strong glue/adhesive, in liquid form when it goes on and then hardens like a rock.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 03:35 PM   #3
Markw123
Rep
Drives: 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlf750 View Post
not sure what the M performance kit actually is but if it's the front and rear spoilers, rear diffuser/lower bumper trim and possibly side skirt extensions, it's not impossible by any means but it could provide difficult and time consuming (worth it for the money though). If it's held on my 3M type tape, you can use fishing line to get those pieces off and then clean up his car. The diffuser/lower bumper come off very easily, they are just bolted on. Same with the extensions on the sides, I don't know if there's any tape there, just a lot of screws/bolts.

Now, if someone used a product like Betalink, you're going to have an issue. I don't know if that stuff comes off without ruining the paint, it's like an extremely strong glue/adhesive, in liquid form when it goes on and then hardens like a rock.
Great thanks for the reply, i'll have to get underneath my mates car..!
Appreciate 0