BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications Intermittent Turbo

03-16-2023, 02:34 PM   #1
742002tii
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G30

Garage List
2017 g30  [0.00]
2017 BMW G30  [0.00]
Intermittent Turbo

B58A G30 2017 Lux

Hi all, I recently noticed either a significant drop or an absence of turbo power. Normally, there is the stock lag, sure. But this is different. At times there is a total absence of turbo assist power. What has really convinced me that I wasn't imagining this was that today suddenly and very noticeably started working during a quick overtake of another car. it was nearly immediate and definitely increased performance/power. So much so it caught me off by surprise.

Any thoughts on what could possibly be at issue here? If it could be vacuum lines, I do not know where to find a diagram of those vacuum lines, so I wouldn't know where they are. If it is somehow a bad turbo, do you have any rec's for a good vendor? If I recall, Kies Motorsports recommended a company that takes your existing turbo from you and bores it out to better specs, and then returns it. This type of idea would be really great but don't want to be down for that long.

I hope there could be some troubleshooting steps before having to commit to a new turbo.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 04:46 AM   #2
540iSUP
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30, E36

You're probably thinking Pure Turbos. You can purchase the modified turbo from them and then send them your original turbo after the swap for a core and get some money back. Since you're in the Bay it you might want to consider Vargas Turbo.

Other than that, I don't have any info as to why you're turbo isn't spooling, or creating any boost.
Appreciate 0