BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications Dinan exhaust versus resonator removal

03-08-2023, 09:21 AM   #1
23109VC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
Dinan exhaust versus resonator removal

What is the consensus on this for him as to what is the better sounding and performance exhaust just doing a resonator removal or removing the resonators and adding a Dinan system ??

From a cost standpoint obviously just removing the resonators is the cheapest I just got rear ended there’s a photo in another thread I posted hear it damage my exhaust tip and from my quick Google searching I don’t believe Bmw sells the Tip by itself, which means the body shop is going to remove my entire muffler and replace it with an OEM muffler, which cost about the same price as the diamond cut back so I’m considering having the body shop purchase, the dining muffler from an authorized BMW dealer, and then, as far as my insurance company nose an exhaust got bought from Bmw and they are going to care which one went in….

The quad tips look nice all the way, sometimes think that Dana and wants to go out too far I’m assuming that might be adjustable based on how far you slide them onto the muffler?
Appreciate 0