BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions New "To Me" 2019 540i - Suggestions???

05-11-2021, 07:37 AM   #23
Karnidge
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Que View Post
Hi. My experience with Vroom was pretty good. I feel I got a good price for the options I got and the process for them to obtain financing for me (through Chase bank) was quick and smooth. Got a pretty good rate (2.64% for 72 months) and they included all the fees and taxes in the loan. The delivery was also smooth. The car arrived one day earlier than their "Expected Delivery Date" so overall I have to say I am happy with them.
Thanks for following up. I am glad you had a good experience. They have some nice cars and I was very excited about purchasing from them. Then I read about them online and saw their F rating on the BBB website and I chickened out and bought something local. I would have saved $1,500 if I had bought from Vroom.
      05-12-2021, 01:04 PM   #24
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnidge View Post
Interested to hear how your experience with Vroom goes. I almost bought a 540i from them last week and then saw their F rating on the BBB and Consumer Affairs websites and decided not to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Que View Post
Hi. My experience with Vroom was pretty good.
Glad to hear that. I hope you are enjoying the car.

I sold another car (non-BMW) to Carvana a few months ago. I actually got a better offer from Vroom, but my research on them wasn't positive, and they would come pick up the car, evaluate it, and then send a check. Carvana sends out a person, they evaluate it and if it's OK, they hand you a check right then and then pick up the car later. Since I had a couple of <cough> minor <cough> issues* that could possibly cause a buyer to reconsider the offer, I thought I'd be better off with Carvana. There are horror stories about Vroom and delayed payments, delays returning or shipping cars, etc.

* - a couple of holes cut into the front fascia for brake cooling ducts, that's all. And maybe a broken mirror that wasn't quite fixed properly.

The Carvana guy hardly looked at the car. Then he said, "the truck will be by in a few hours to pick it up, so I'll park it in the street."

He opens the door, sees the manual transmission and asked me to move it into the street for him. So he didn't even drive it 10 ft.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0