BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Blinking brake lights coded

02-02-2019, 08:37 PM   #1
CT540xi
Rep
Drives: 540xi

Blinking brake lights coded

Two questions:

1. Has anyone coded their brake lights to flash while braking. Often called brake force display (BFD)—in a 2018 or later 540xi? But I didn't see the option in BimmerCode with this make, model, and year vehicle.

Wondering if the ability exists in expert mode.

2. Has anyone coded out the auto start stop function memory? This eliminates the need to push that annoying button to get out of EU eco mode.

I was able to code out that annoying disclaimer-thankfully that is gone.

Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 10:23 PM   #2
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT540xi View Post
Two questions:

1. Has anyone coded their brake lights to flash while braking. Often called brake force display (BFD)—in a 2018 or later 540xi? But I didn't see the option in BimmerCode with this make, model, and year vehicle.

2. Has anyone coded out the auto start stop function memory? This eliminates the need to push that annoying button to get out of EU eco mode.

Thanks.
I haven't tried messing with the brake lights yet, but I have turned off the auto/start/stop feature. On 2018's and later BMW made it come on by default regardless of the last setting. You have two coding options: force it to be off, or have it remember the last setting. Works great.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 02:35 AM   #3
AgentMax
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

You have the wrong OBD adapter for this coding. You need either "UniCarScan" or "OBDLink"
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 10:05 AM   #4
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT540xi View Post
Two questions:

Thanks.
You also have to be in diagnostic mode (press the Start button a few times in succession) to change the Active/Stop/Start setting. The engine can't be running while making changes to that particular ECU. I made this mistake initially myself. Once I tried it again in diagnostic mode the coding was performed successfully.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2024, 12:09 PM   #5
TourStageFan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '12 535iX M-Sport, CaymanS, %E

Can anyone here please send me the coding instructions to activate the “Brake Force Display”?

I have a 2018 build, pre-lci 540iX. I use BimmerCode with an ENET cable adapter and can see the two options for adjusting the sensitivity of the Brake Force Display, but I need the Expert Mode instructions to activate the system. I believe it should be in the LCEMaster file?🤔

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

J,
Appreciate 0