BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery 2022 pricing guide

06-17-2021, 06:54 PM   #45
BD550
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M550i Tanzanite Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD550 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick380 View Post
Quote:
I was able to get a copy of the M550i ordering guide from my dealer. Attached.
Is that US ordering guide?

I don't see ZPK...is that the end of 3D surround camera....? Was gonna place my order September too. Damn. What's the last day to place orders for MY21?
Yes that is the US ordering guide. I think 2021 ordering is done, at least for US. ZPK not listed on order guide, but I and another on the forum were able to get it added to our build when we went through it with the dealer order process. My guess is that they are trying to limit the amount of ZPK out there with the chip shortage issue, and you have to specifically ask for it.
I'd hold off on the champagne celebrations until you see your car go into production with no changes listed in dealers DCS. Or maybe even better to wait until you see the car first hand b/c it has happened in the past where cars ship with an option missing and it doesn't get noted until the window sticker is printed at the VPC.
Yes I agree that risk remains that once it goes to production I get a call asking for a change in spec. Or they will change spec without asking/telling. Scheduled for week 28 at this point. Will keep the forum updated.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 12:32 PM   #46
canem
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530ix

Not available

Now that the online build function for G30 is updated to 2022 MY, looks like it's now confirmed that 360 cameras/park assist not available on 530 or 540s. Other base and option pricing look similar to last year.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 03:34 PM   #47
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by canem View Post
Now that the online build function for G30 is updated to 2022 MY, looks like it's now confirmed that 360 cameras/park assist not available on 530 or 540s. Other base and option pricing look similar to last year.
Great news bmwusa finally confirmed ZPK can be ordered on the M550i. Hopefully as the year progresses they will allow it to be added to lower spec G30 builds.
      08-03-2021, 04:31 PM   #48
B530e
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760xi, 2024 BMW 530i

Garage List
2021 BMW 540i  [0.00]
2020 BMW 530e  [0.00]
Quote:
Any chance you can post the entire MY22 order guide?
I have it. I'm posting it now with the full 2022 ordering guide
      08-03-2021, 04:43 PM   #49
B530e
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW 540i  [0.00]
2020 BMW 530e  [0.00]
Quote:
Any way to see the full pricing guide online?
Here's a link to the full 2022 Ordering/Pricing guide i posted

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1#post27878721
      08-03-2021, 04:44 PM   #50
B530e
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW 540i  [0.00]
2020 BMW 530e  [0.00]
Quote:
Any chance you can post the entire MY22 order guide?
Here it is

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1#post27878721
      01-28-2022, 12:32 PM   #51
ShaunM12
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 540i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForensicBimmer View Post
Don't know if it'll work, but here's the guide.

I made a handshake deal yesterday for a 2021 530e. It was the only one in my entire state with everything I wanted and that's only because it literally had every single package and option on it except for the Luxury Seating Package. Which I thought was stupid. They built a car with every single option and they skimped on the seating package? Really?

So at least that has the Driver Assist Professional, the Parking Assist Plus, and all the other things I wanted. It also has a lot of stuff I didn't need, but are really cool to have like the Executive Package, the M-Sport package, 20" wheels. It even has that camera recorder in the front. Of course it costs a ton more than what I would have wanted with my own build, but when you're picky about features, I guess, I'll have to deal. The horror.

Anyway, I talked to the guy and he said the high end cars, like the 7s above are getting the PAP. But this chip shortage is a huge deal that's not just affecting cars. He said something about refrigerators not coming with ice makers too, which just seems incredible.
It's not a great time to buy anything electronic I guess.
Thanks for attaching the report. Does anyone know if this is still accurate?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 12:46 PM   #52
Sarge72
Registered
Rep
Drives: Dodge Charger

So I am just getting up to speed on available packages as I look to order my 1st BMW - very exciting to be honest, but a bit of a bummer that some items like the 360 camera and parking assist aren't available on the 540i - weird enough they look available on the M440i...

Is this guide absolute or is there a chance the 360 camera will be available at somepoint this yr for the 540i?

Last edited by Sarge72; 02-14-2022 at 01:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 01:20 PM   #53
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Yeah I bet. I also had a long discussion with a professor during my globalization class that I thought it was a house of cards that would eventually have to end due to "fair trade" being anything but fair. She thought it was on point and we had some deeper discussions on my thoughts there. Looks like that is also proving true as globalization has been receding recently and this pandemic has likely greatly accelerated its demise. You're going to see more regionalization again which is why you're seeing new fabs being added in the US in the context of the silicon shortage we're discussing. A good thing overall.

In terms of JIT for car makers. It is only going to be left on paper. Mainly because the industry allowed other problems to erode their options (like allowing part makers to merge and merge so you really only have a few suppliers left owning everything). You're going to see more direct financial support from automakers to their suppliers to keep them afloat or to "secure" product ahead of production. Essentially, returning more to the old pre-JIT model without adding people to their books and allowing them on paper to say they're still "JIT". But the cost savings of the model are largely evaporating.

For luxury cars like BMW it is all making their job a lot harder. Cheaper cars are now getting more and more luxury features or leapfrogging luxury entirely. Buyers are less interested in the haggling model of car buying and want straight forward up front pricing and online shopping (makes it harder to use option matrixes as German makes do). Younger buyers are less excited about the "badge" of the traditional luxury makes and are more akin to see a Tesla as a step up than a BMW or a Mercedes. BMW and others are going to have an extremely hard time if this chip shortage lasts as long as many insiders are estimating.

The last respectable estimate I read suggested 2023 for this to start to look like it is over... Potentially impacting MY2021-MY2024 for BMW. That's a lot of impact. Especially when you're pulling features that buyers have come to expect and the pandemic shortages have made used cars more acceptable to buyers who typically shun used cars. As this ramps back down BMW will have to both compete with cheaper makes offering more features and their own cars a few model years old with more features than their current offerings. All while also being pushed toward the EV future that will temporarily have some buyers looking backward to ICE cars. Not a good spot.

As I said earlier, I'm glad I didn't lease. Gives me a chance to hop back into it when the time is right. I'd have a hard time accepting a $70K car with the options cuts I've read about here on the forums. BMW and other "luxury" brands will have to fix their CS models IMHO and at least start to deliver "luxury" experience to their customers. SO far, that's the one thing the cheaper makes haven't been able to crack. They need to focus as much on customer retention as they do on customer acquisition...
Great comments! I am also glad I didn't lease. My original warranty just expired but I have GEICO mechanical breakdown insurance that will cover me to the end of 2024 so I can wait out the shortage. I figure that my next car (I am almost 77 so that assumes there will be a next one) will be a BEV. I have a refundable deposit down on a Lucid Air but by the time I am ready, there will be lots of choices out there including BMW.

I don't remember if it was on this forum or the other BMW forum but someone noted that a number of BMW dealers have been eliminating loaners. So much for the idea that luxury car makers deliver "luxury" experiences to their customers.

Mazda could end up eating the lunch of luxury car makers (one can get a very nice maximally optioned Mazda for far less than the luxury car makers). BMW X3 without loaners or a Mazda top of the line CX-5 with Nappa leather, 250 HP, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 01:49 PM   #54
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Great comments! I am also glad I didn't lease. My original warranty just expired but I have GEICO mechanical breakdown insurance that will cover me to the end of 2024 so I can wait out the shortage. I figure that my next car (I am almost 77 so that assumes there will be a next one) will be a BEV. I have a refundable deposit down on a Lucid Air but by the time I am ready, there will be lots of choices out there including BMW.

I don't remember if it was on this forum or the other BMW forum but someone noted that a number of BMW dealers have been eliminating loaners. So much for the idea that luxury car makers deliver "luxury" experiences to their customers.

Mazda could end up eating the lunch of luxury car makers (one can get a very nice maximally optioned Mazda for far less than the luxury car makers). BMW X3 without loaners or a Mazda top of the line CX-5 with Nappa leather, 250 HP, etc.
That timing aligns perfectly with the BEV 5-Series which is due to launch in 2023 as a MY2024 if my memory is right on the latest rumors. I'm watching that one as my potential replacement as well depending on how it compares when I'm in the market it should be just in time for the LCI of it (2026).

The loaner situation is really a nasty one as you have more dealers turning to Enterprise and giving the customer non-BMW cars to drive. One of the major side benefits of the loaner pool is catching the owners eye that might prompt an upgrade. As the tech and luxury features are becoming more uniform, and companies like Enterprise committing to adding more and more Teslas to their fleet, BMW may be offering free advertisement for those competitors...

You'll definitely be in a BEV and I look forward to seeing what you get next in 2024. 77 is still young
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 02:22 PM   #55
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
FWD Mazda appliances won't appeal to the enthusiast. I left FWD (I also don't consider a FWD-biased AWD acceptable) in 2000 and have never looked back. When it was time to retire our 2006 RWD Lincoln my options were limited as Ford had stopped making sedans and there is no way I'll buy a GM product. I was left with Jaguar, MB, BMW & Genesis/Kia. I wasn't convinced of the Korean's quality so was left with the Europeans.

I don't see any buyer cross-shopping Mazda & the Germans.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2022, 08:05 AM   #56
charlessimms82
CPT
Rep
Drives: 2022 530i

I really don’t understand how the 530 and the 540 does not have the PAP options but some of the lower models have it as an option. Same goes for the center console upgrade. Lower models have it but once you get to the 5 series, only the M5 comes with that upgrade. I’m going to discuss this with my salesman once my build arrives this week as I didn’t realize that was the case. No PAP fine. This is a second vehicle as I primarily drive my pick up but sheesh no upgrade like other models smh
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 05:46 PM   #57
Ratledge
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 430iX GC / G26

Garage List
2023 BMW  [0.00]
The Parking Assistant Pro package can be added by your dealer to any BMW 3/4/5 for $700.
Appreciate 0